iOS 15 & friends - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I do like the tab groups now. I still wish they persisted between browser sessions (they might and I've not figured it out). But it is super nice. Normally I'm not someone who keeps tons of tabs open. I can't stand all the clutter. This lets me stay organized much better. I can just switch tab groups and return later rather than closing excess tabs I've not viewed but am tired of seeing. If there's a video I want to check out later, I can stick it in the right group, and get to it later. I don't need to see that tab all day.

I'd think they'd come in super handy when I'm programming. I'll hit a problem, I Google it, open 5-10 tabs, then work through them until I find what I'm looking for. Then I hit another problem and repeat. Next thing I know, I have 15-20 tabs open and only look at 2-4 of them. If I did each search in its own group, then I could just delete the entire group when I've figured things out. It would also help keep different questions segregated. I can't recall how many times I've found something useful, mean to get back to it later, then forget about it and close the tab in one of my great tab purges.

Also, since working from home, I'll now be able to share my screen in meetings without first feeling like I need to close any non-work related tabs. That's fantastic.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I do like the tab groups now. I still wish they persisted between browser sessions (they might and I've not figured it out). But it is super nice. Normally I'm not someone who keeps tons of tabs open. I can't stand all the clutter. This lets me stay organized much better. I can just switch tab groups and return later rather than closing excess tabs I've not viewed but am tired of seeing. If there's a video I want to check out later, I can stick it in the right group, and get to it later. I don't need to see that tab all day.

I'd think they'd come in super handy when I'm programming. I'll hit a problem, I Google it, open 5-10 tabs, then work through them until I find what I'm looking for. Then I hit another problem and repeat. Next thing I know, I have 15-20 tabs open and only look at 2-4 of them. If I did each search in its own group, then I could just delete the entire group when I've figured things out. It would also help keep different questions segregated. I can't recall how many times I've found something useful, mean to get back to it later, then forget about it and close the tab in one of my great tab purges.

Also, since working from home, I'll now be able to share my screen in meetings without first feeling like I need to close any non-work related tabs. That's fantastic.
Good to see that you knocked some sense into you. 😅

What you described is pretty much what I expected to do with tab groups when they were presented, although I haven’t started doing it just yet. Nice of you to put it into words.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
What you described is pretty much what I expected to do with tab groups when they were presented, although I haven’t started doing it just yet. Nice of you to put it into words.

Normally I would have watched the keynote, but I never did this year due to working and never got around to it afterwards. I watched a handful of other WWDC videos, just not the keynote. So my bad assumptions are completely my own fault. I had the beta on my old busted up XS Max, but I don't do tons of browsing on my phone. And I don't play much with phones that have broken screens. So I didn't try the feature till recently when my Macs got it. That's where I need it.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now my only problem seems to be with the watch updating. I’ll look at my watch and know it has to be later than what I see, and as soon as I move my wrist the time updates. WTH!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Now my only problem seems to be with the watch updating. I’ll look at my watch and know it has to be later than what I see, and as soon as I move my wrist the time updates. WTH!

Wow, that looks ridiculous!

Thankfully no such problem here with the Mickey/Minnie Mouse faces on my series 3. They’re the best, Niece and Nephew love them. Only downside is a slight loss of minute precision due to the Mouses’ fat fingers…

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
my wife has so many issues with VoiceOver all the wacky problems that have bene happening. Siri seems worse as usual.
My mother is legally blind, so an iPhone was recommended to her for it's accessibility benefits. Which she actually enjoys, as Siri has been helpful to her.

That is until Siri got broken with 15. Now Siri can't do basic things like "play last voicemail", "Sorry I can't do that". Yesterday Siri even told my mother perhaps she should open an app for that. That's kind of what Siri used to do, until 15. It's frustrating her, because of course Apple has been "fixing" things, but NOT the accessibility features they broke. As MR reported, Apple didn't even mention anything, and still don't.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with voice text messages. My niece is always leaving me voice text messages or memos or whatever you call them and I usually have no issues listening to them. Now on iOS15 it skips half of the memo before I can actually hear it. I have to click and hold the memo just to listen to it. Weird and annoying.

Top Bottom
1 2