Man (or woman) cave shit

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Over the last 5 years or so I've found myself really getting into statues (what they are called in the hobby). My favorite line is Court of the Dead by Sideshow. Sideshow also does more commercial statues like Star Wars, Alien, and Marvel, but this is their original IP. Here's about half of mine and they are about 2 ft tall, give or a take an inch or 2.

IMG_2832.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

IMG_2834.jpeg

IMG_2835.jpeg

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Nice
Over the last 5 years or so I've found myself really getting into statues (what they are called in the hobby). My favorite line is Court of the Dead by Sideshow. Sideshow also does more commercial statues like Star Wars, Alien, and Marvel, but this is their original IP. Here's about half of mine and they are about 2 ft tall, give or a take an inch or 2.

View attachment 1085

View attachment 1086
View attachment 1087

View attachment 1088

The detail and colors are pretty amazing. I’m fond of statues as well but more traditional. Here’s my favorite in California.

38521DAB-5589-4DAA-9B08-A2CE3610FF57.jpeg
6DAD65BC-BCD3-475F-9871-8A857E380AAC.jpeg

I have a few in Minnesota but they’re mostly in the yard.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 1085

View attachment 1086
View attachment 1087

View attachment 1088
I appreciate the artistic value of these statues, they are impressive, great details and aesthetically pleasing, but not really my taste. My favorite would be no.2 the Snake Lady. :) I’ve never felt strongly about statuary but cherish our Geisha and Sea Serpent by the pool and I appreciate my wife’s tradional fare of Lladro figurines.

076724A4-5C8C-49B2-A2BA-EBAC7F890443.jpeg

DBE1A474-C634-4E1E-9D56-23F76A17F708.jpeg
Two of the many :)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a few Lladros. They are on a shelf away from any access and almost at the ceiling to keep them away from the cats. Unfortunately, it means I frequently forget all the beauty that is up there.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Those are wonderful! I can’t have nice things cause I have cats.

I'm still not quite connected most of the time to the fact I can unpack some nice things or just be less cautious about where I choose to put anything no matter if fancy or utilitarian. It's two years since my old kitties had passed away and I'd decided not to seek out another cat deliberately... with a nod to possibility that one may land on my porch sometime.

Like lots of other seniors, I'm supposedly in divestiture mode these days, so one would think I'd at least unpack a few bins of bubble-wrapped items brought up from the city when I left... just to see them again for awhile before foisting them off on kin, friends, a yard sale or the rubbish bin.

Somewhere I have a wonderful little Mexican pottery cat... I always suspected that its real and bratty counterparts would find it just the right size to tip off a bureau or bookcase top to wake me up on a weekend morning. That little clay cat hasn't seen the light of day for more than three or four weeks the whole time I've owned it, which is nearly 60 years, so does beg the question why I bought it.

Top Bottom
1 2