Mob storms Capitol

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
They are turning on each other now. The 2 people quoted in the article are trying to blame others, perhaps to avoid accountability, or at least to try and look like decent humans.

I didn’t realize MTG’s communications director was as dumb as her. When asked about her role in the coup attempt:

“No one cares about Jan. 6 when gas prices are skyrocketing, grocery store shelves are empty, unemployment is skyrocketing, businesses are going bankrupt, our border is being invaded, children are forced to wear masks, vaccine mandates are getting workers fired, and 13 members of our military are murdered by the Taliban and Americans are left stranded in Afghanistan,” Dyer wrote.
To paraphrase: “LOOK OVER THERE!” Yeah, not a good look when accused of treason that you start ranting about other things in a ham-fisted attempt to distract attention.

I really hope we get multiple members of Congress serving jail time for this coup attempt. I hope these people have solid evidence, not just their own word, which is not worth much if they were involved in the insurrection.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So it was yet another conspiracy led by Trump to undermine our elections, this time with help. And the only thing I’m sure of is that his supporters won’t care, and we’ll have a lengthy investigation and zero consequences.

Listening to these stories on Morning Joe, it’s playing out exactly like Ukraine and the Russian obstruction. The guy was literally let off the hook for one abomination and then would move on to his next.

The memos and information already publicly known paint a conspiracy. Trump wasn’t just whining about fraud, he was also actively working with people to help him overturn a potential loss before Election Day. He ramped up the efforts after he did indeed lose.

But there will be no consequences for him. That require the GQP to have a spine and sense of duty to their country.

Had anyone predicted all of this in 2016, you’d just be dismissed as having TDS.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the special on HBOMax? I think it's called "Four Hours at the Capitol"

We all know these people are f'ing nuts. I have zero tolerance for Trump supporters after 1/6. If you still support Trump after 1/6 I want nothing to do with you.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the special on HBOMax? I think it's called "Four Hours at the Capitol"

We all know these people are f'ing nuts. I have zero tolerance for Trump supporters after 1/6. If you still support Trump after 1/6 I want nothing to do with you.

As a reporter, I try to be fair to people, but anyone bearing some MAGA standard these days is a cultist. They were a brutish and nasty cult before the election, but they've gone completely off the deep-end, and they're led by idiots and con-artists.

I mean, Kevin McCarthy and Ted Cruz and Mitch McConnell are the old guard—and they're so obviously evil, Disney Channel writers are like "hey, this character needs some complexity."

And the new guard are morons like Boebert, MTG and Cawthorn—who's personalities and education seem to be the result of an experiment on babies taught only from John Birch Society pamphlets, and a Soldier of Fortune magazine from 1988.

I wouldn't let that clot run a Starbucks.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
As a reporter, I try to be fair to people, but anyone bearing some MAGA standard these days is a cultist. They were a brutish and nasty cult before the election, but they've gone completely off the deep-end, and they're led by idiots and con-artists.

I mean, Kevin McCarthy and Ted Cruz and Mitch McConnell are the old guard—and they're so obviously evil, Disney Channel writers are like "hey, this character needs some complexity."

And the new guard are morons like Boebert, MTG and Cawthorn—who's personalities and education seem to be the result of an experiment on babies taught only from John Birch Society pamphlets, and a Soldier of Fortune magazine from 1988.

I wouldn't let that clot run a Starbucks.

I can have discussions or debates with conservatives but if I ever heard somebody say “I’m a Trump supporter” it would probably take me days just to mentally unpack what they are saying with just those 4 words, and after that I’d probably conclude it’s not worth the effort because I’d probably need about two dozen things clarified before we could even get to the actual topic. They probably wouldn’t make it past 3 or 4 clarifications before failing my basic comprehension and intelligence bassline qualification. Actually, I could probably streamline the process just by asking “Do you take personal responsibility for anything?”

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
I can have discussions or debates with conservatives but if I ever heard somebody say “I’m a Trump supporter” it would probably take me days just to mentally unpack what they are saying with just those 4 words, and after that I’d probably conclude it’s not worth the effort because I’d probably need about two dozen things clarified before we could even get to the actual topic. They probably wouldn’t make it past 3 or 4 clarifications before failing my basic comprehension and intelligence bassline qualification. Actually, I could probably streamline the process just by asking “Do you take personal responsibility for anything?”

It's the equivalent of someone saying they think the earth is flat, or that the moon landing was faked, or 9/11 was a Zionist conspiracy. There's just too much work in trying to push back against their especially dumb thoughts, and because they believe in conspiracies and bullshit, they'll just reject reality and substitute their own. It's increasingly a complete waste of time.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's the equivalent of someone saying they think the earth is flat, or that the moon landing was faked, or 9/11 was a Zionist conspiracy. There's just too much work in trying to push back against their especially dumb thoughts, and because they believe in conspiracies and bullshit, they'll just reject reality and substitute their own. It's increasingly a complete waste of time.

Yeah, there's got to be a minimum, starting point grounded in reality before any reasonable discourse takes place.

There's some fuckwits on another board, they wanted to talk (i.e., condem) EV tech, but since their starting point is that EVs are powered by the lost souls of aborted babies, well, no, I'm not even going to attempt to have a discussion about infrastructure ...

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, there's got to be a minimum, starting point grounded in reality before any reasonable discourse takes place.

There's some fuckwits on another board, they wanted to talk (i.e., condem) EV tech, but since their starting point is that EVs are powered by the lost souls of aborted babies, well, no, I'm not even going to attempt to have a discussion about infrastructure ...

And, really current MAGA-adherents are always believers in a bunch of other crazy shit—the election was rigged, Clinton's part of a sex cabal, Q is a federal official with a high clearance level and not some jackoff on the Internet, masks give children brain-damage, sheriffs are the most important public officials—that you really can treat it was a litmus test for someone that's irrational and deeply-established in the right-wing nonsense machine.

I've yet to meet someone who was MAGA and remains MAGA who hasn't left their brain at the door.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I live with somebody who is a lefty and sane on most things, but thinks 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government. I sometimes entertain his “proof” because I really don’t care that much to debate about it. I finally said “OK, and we are going to do exactly what about it?”. He’s largely been quiet on it since as he probably realized nothing is going to be done about it. There is no win for that theory. So how about we deal with the reality of now.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The right is literally insane. The stuff I hear on Facebook from otherwise sweet upper-middle aged women is insane. They are just as nuts as 50 year old Joe “Lost Cause” Six Pack, they just don’t have the racist truck decals, they have pics of their grandkids and dogs - some of them in surprisingly-blended families - yet still post insane conspiracies and racist, tone-deaf arguments to defend January 6. “Where were they when ANTIFA and BLM thugs were destroying our cities?” is a commonly-spoken and stupid trope.

Let’s face it, anytime people of all identities, ages, color, etc join together to demand an end to the obvious racism and callous treatment of minorities, you’re going to piss a bunch of rednecks off. I’m still surprised it was a dolt like Trump who became their leader, but he’s gotten these lunatics to a place where they think they will somehow benefit by destroying democracy. January 6 is seemingly not a new low for these folks and that’s scary.

But if they think Trump will live forever, or that they will somehow be happy with someone literally ruling over them (not this make-believe liberal tyranny they think they’re under), they will be the first ones in line demanding safe spaces and calling themselves victims to the monster they created.

It all seems too stupid to be real, but the fact it is real makes it that much scarier. Thanks for listening to my mid-week rant. 😜

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The stuff I hear on Facebook from otherwise sweet upper-middle aged women is insane.

Some of the mega-MAGA money supporting the organization and deployment of the January 6 insurrectionists came from possibly otherwise sweet upper-dollar-tier Republican women... although there was plenty of guy-funded mega-MAGA money involved as well. Details of the money flow do keep showing up.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The right is literally insane. The stuff I hear on Facebook from otherwise sweet upper-middle aged women is insane. They are just as nuts as 50 year old Joe “Lost Cause” Six Pack, they just don’t have the racist truck decals, they have pics of their grandkids and dogs - some of them in surprisingly-blended families - yet still post insane conspiracies and racist, tone-deaf arguments to defend January 6. “Where were they when ANTIFA and BLM thugs were destroying our cities?” is a commonly-spoken and stupid trope.

Let’s face it, anytime people of all identities, ages, color, etc join together to demand an end to the obvious racism and callous treatment of minorities, you’re going to piss a bunch of rednecks off. I’m still surprised it was a dolt like Trump who became their leader, but he’s gotten these lunatics to a place where they think they will somehow benefit by destroying democracy. January 6 is seemingly not a new low for these folks and that’s scary.

But if they think Trump will live forever, or that they will somehow be happy with someone literally ruling over them (not this make-believe liberal tyranny they think they’re under), they will be the first ones in line demanding safe spaces and calling themselves victims to the monster they created.

It all seems too stupid to be real, but the fact it is real makes it that much scarier. Thanks for listening to my mid-week rant. 😜

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

First step is getting rid of facebook.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just saw today Fox is planning on running a special whitewashing the events of January 6. Their attempts to rewrite what happened months ago, for which there are hours of video and witness testimony, is a GREAT a argument for overhauling history lessons in the classroom.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just saw today Fox is planning on running a special whitewashing the events of January 6. Their attempts to rewrite what happened months ago, for which there are hours of video and witness testimony, is a GREAT a argument for overhauling history lessons in the classroom.

Tucker Carlson also recently said that the US government is waging war on patriots and they should fight back. He also said now that our troops are out of Afghanistan the government could potentially use those troops against Americans and haul them off to Gitmo.

But hey, legally speaking nobody should take him seriously. It's really nobody's fault if they do. It's kind of a funny goof if you think about it, all done in the name of spirited debate. People can be silly. Nothing to see here.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
First step is getting rid of facebook.

Even Facebook is trying to get rid of facebook now... by pulling an Enron move (rebranding).

Lipstick on a pig is what that amounts to, and I hope Congress tells them that.

rebranding the last resort of scoundrels.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2