More than 270 medical experts call out Spotify, Joe Rogan for spreading COVID-19 misinformation

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
So, you may not have heard, but Joe Rogan supposedly passed a little while ago.

At least according to social media. Which in his particular case was kind of funny because...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1511930736370241540/

Seems when misinformation that Rogan fans don't like, even though they know it isn't true, is suddenly bad.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1513480139157377028/

:greenthumb:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1513487543173591045/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1513489369864323072/

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
So, you may not have heard, but Joe Rogan supposedly passed a little while ago.

At least according to social media. Which in his particular case was kind of funny because...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1511930736370241540/

Seems when misinformation that Rogan fans don't like, even though they know it isn't true, is suddenly bad.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1513480139157377028/

:greenthumb:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1513487543173591045/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1513489369864323072/
This level of cognitive dissonance hurts.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
People will say and do anything for money. Joe Rogan does what he does because he's making a shit load of money off stupid people.

This shit didn’t seem to happen as much, if ever, before he moved to Texas. So did he move there drawn in by the stupid or did he go full native soon after he moved there?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We have a lot of stupid people here lol

To be fair, a lot of states have their pockets of stupid. It’s just that some stupid are more dangerous than others. I think the biggest issue is we’re losing gainful employment opportunities for the stupid which leaves them light in the pocket and with a lot of free time and for whatever reason they like to fill that free time with anti-social fantasy worlds and activities.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Even educated people are going a little haywire with some of this stuff. My friend is a highly regarded dentist, and attended one of the top ranked dental schools; she was my college roommate and a biology major (perhaps molecular biology). She is convinced this is all a hoax by Bill Gates and big pharma and that the vaccine is causing more harm than good and now recommending nutraceuticals as prevention.

To be fair, I don't think there is anything bad with taking most vitamins/supplements, and some can have great benefit. But she seemingly believes they will actually prevent covid.

I am not quite sure how she has arrived at this point in her life, but she is definitely on the fox news train.

(She also offers botox to her patients; I wonder how she reconciles adding actual poison to faces, or if she will give up that area in her practice.)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am not quite sure how she has arrived at this point in her life, but she is definitely on the fox news train.

I think that explains a lot of it. Somebody might start out as a fiscal conservative but over time their “trusted” news source stopped talking about those type issues and moved on to culture wars and distrust of literally everything and the viewer just went along with it. “I guess we’re doing this now” says the voice in their head.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I guess we can finally bury any pretense of where Rogan falls politically anymore.

Joe Rogan said that Fox News and conservative media outlets were the only ones that supported him when he faced accusations of spreading vaccine misinformation earlier this year.

'They had my back through it,' Rogan, 54, said. 'It was Fox News that had my f*****g back.'

Speaking on Tuesday's episode of his podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, Rogan lamented that he felt Democrats had abandoned free speech and openness to other people's ideas.

He said that in the past the right was the 'suppressive' party, but that now the left has assumed that mantle.

My favorite part? He's whining about being called out for spreading misinformation that could be harmful! For having the audacity to do that & demand he stop with his bullshit of "I'm just asking questions" without doing any research of his own, liberals were "mean" to him. Of course another source of spreading misinformation would be right behind him, and THAT he loves. That tells you all you need to know about individuals who claim to be politically neutrally & want free speech. What they want is to be free of the consequences of their bullshit, and whoever calls them out aren't open & suppressive.

Grow up the F' up!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess we can finally bury any pretense of where Rogan falls politically anymore.

My favorite part? He's whining about being called out for spreading misinformation that could be harmful! For having the audacity to do that & demand he stop with his bullshit of "I'm just asking questions" without doing any research of his own, liberals were "mean" to him. Of course another source of spreading misinformation would be right behind him, and THAT he loves. That tells you all you need to know about individuals who claim to be politically neutrally & want free speech. What they want is to be free of the consequences of their bullshit, and whoever calls them out aren't open & suppressive.

Grow up the F' up!

I think part of the problem is Joe has been a health and fitness fanatic for forever and constantly on the quest for the next great thing (as these people do). Maybe his research in the past produced some questionable data but it wasn’t life threatening and he wasn’t primarily advertising himself as a health expert. That type thing was just peppered throughout his podcast. Then he applied the same method to covid and got way out of his league coupled with a public hungry for alternatives, for some any alternative to the government backed narrative was to be respected.

I know other lefties (or possibly claimed lefties in Joe’s case) who have gone on Fox as a result of being shunned or blasted by the left and their media. Fox will give some of these people a platform if it aligns with questioning the government and especially the Democrat party. I suppose for those lefties who go on there they see it as an opportunity to get their beliefs and knowledge out there as justification, but these also seem to be completely blind that Fox is using them 100% as a propaganda tool to just further enrage their base and the lefty/progressive isn’t going to win any new converts.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
the left and their media
I always wonder: what do you consider “their media” in regards to the “lefties”?

In the case of Fox, it’s obvious they are specifically a right-wing messaging platform. They don’t hide it.

And most Fox devotees say that everything other than Fox is left wing media.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I always wonder: what do you consider “their media” in regards to the “lefties”?

In the case of Fox, it’s obvious they are specifically a right-wing messaging platform. They don’t hide it.

And most Fox devotees say that everything other than Fox is left wing media.

Most, if not all, major news media is little more than stenographers for the establishment and the views of their advertisers with very little kickback to those in power. At best they’ll bury or marginalize a news story that is inconvenient to their political view for what they probably feel is in the service of the greater good of their political views.

As an example, Progressive firebrand Jimmy Dore isn’t allowed on MSNBC or CNN but is welcome on Fox. Why? Because he’ll talk at great length about the corruption of Nancy Pelosi and other establishment Democrats. He’s swinging from the left but the overall message is gold for the right. The left leaning major news media can’t have that kind of thing besmirching their party’s good name. Similarly former Tea Party Congressman turned never Trumper activist used to be a staple on Fox before he turned on Trump. Now he’s not allowed on Fox but is welcome on CNN and MSNBC to talk about his crusade against Trumpism. You can’t go on Fox if you consider Trump the greatest danger to our country.

Top Bottom
1 2