General My wife's Gene therapy using crispr to help fix her genetic blindness

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am so proud of her. she has spent weeks of 8 hour days getting tested before this had to have a cataract removed. before it could be done. she really wants the other eye done but they are putting it off a bit. she really sees a difference in her vision.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
That’s so awesome! And interesting! Hope everything works out.

But “crispr”? What a name. Love it and hate it at the same time. 😂

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Love your wife's green hair!!! :). Isn't it amazing what modern science can do, and that they are steadily working on new things, finding new ways of helping people?!
Yep. when I see antivaxxers go on about genetic editing I just laugh. it is not exactly easy to change the DNA and her treatment I bet was way over a million dollars. They have no clue what it even is. She loves her green hair or blue hair. last time we had it professionally done they did it too light it was cool in the blending of colors but it did not last long and was almost 300 so I used some dye and redid it. my daughter used too but now she never has time.

U

User.45

I am so proud of her. she has spent weeks of 8 hour days getting tested before this had to have a cataract removed. before it could be done. she really wants the other eye done but they are putting it off a bit. she really sees a difference in her vision.

Any update on this? I'm genuinely intrigued by this, so please keep us posted.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Any update on this? I'm genuinely intrigued by this, so please keep us posted.
he sight in that eye has improved but she needs the other eye done and no clue on when. she will have to have a cataract removed on her right eye first. she needs a shoulder replacement surgery in January so that will take some time too.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
That’s fantastic.

The future of “medicine” is absolutely incredible. Some of the new cancer treatments available are just fascinating, CAR T-Cell therapy in particular (harvest patients T-cells, genetically modify them to target cancer proteins, copy them, and then put back in the patients blood- slightly more complex than that but that’s the general idea).

It’ll be amazing what we will able able to do in mainstream healthcare in another 10-20 years.

Top Bottom
1 2