Web_April_28_2022_001.jpg

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
somehow i seem to be losing a lot of resolution posting here. I did run a grain overlay on this to coordinate with some of my film work, which is evident in the sky; but I am losing actual sharpness. Like the water and rocks are super sharp on my computer; this is at 14mm, f/6.3, so there is plenty of front to back sharpness in the original.

Last edited:

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
You sized it at about 600x900. It could be bigger. You might try a higher quality jpeg too.

I replaced it with a larger version; but it's the same export I use on all websites; it's only here that it looks off. I used a smaller one initially since it is vertical and the larger version you have to scroll; but the larger one isn't any better. These are my export settings for the larger one:

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.19.14 PM.jpg

Spike

Writer, photographer
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I replaced it with a larger version; but it's the same export I use on all websites; it's only here that it looks off. I used a smaller one initially since it is vertical and the larger version you have to scroll; but the larger one isn't any better. These are my export settings for the larger one:

View attachment 13622
There's more jpeg compression on the second one, although not a huge amount. You could try setting jpeg quality at 100% and see if that is better. It's a little odd if the same one shows up better elsewhere as there doesn't appear to be any compression in the upload to the site.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I've also tried to reduce the size of the uploaded image in the post a little bit so let's see if that helps going forward.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I've also tried to reduce the size of the uploaded image in the post a little bit so let's see if that helps going forward.
fyi I hosted the exact same image (same upload) on my site and pasted it in my post above; it seems that TA is resizing down some? But there is a lot more detail in the trees and water; would be even more if I hadn't added the grain layer.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The kind of photo I used to love to make satirical collages out of.. only better photography by far. Mine were from newspaper ad clips!

That billboard seemed worthy of amping up a little, making them a bit spooky. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2