Photo of the day | June 2024

1146989_10200889872583824_1609707374_o.jpg

Nice! I've noticed they've closed it off recently, likely because they're letting it go like the rest of the entire area. It's really sad to see. At one time it was THE place for all residents of the bay area and now it's just ruins and condos.

It is sad. The small diner 100 or so yards up the hill, Louis', closed a few years ago being family owned since 1937. I liked it because it was old-school, and had great wait staff. Reasonably priced too. Even though I live halfway down the peninsula, I always enjoyed going there, especially for the views. But... it was the pandemic (and loss of revenue) that did them in. Could have been the same for the Cliff House... or maybe a rent increase.

The landlord for the Cliff House and Louis is the National Park Service. I read late last year and then a few months ago the Cliff House space will be reopening by the end of this year. No idea if it still be "the Cliff House."

I've attached a view from Louis'

Attachments

• Louis2.jpg
    Louis2.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 16
The small diner 100 or so yards up the hill, Louis', closed a few years ago being family owned since 1937

You and I went to Louis years ago, that was a killer view for a diner.

You and I went to Louis years ago, that was a killer view for a diner.

Yeah... I remember. One time when I was there, there were a couple old guys reminiscing about the past. One of them was a Louis' family owner of the past. He was talking about what it was like going to Lowell high school in the late 1930s (IIRC). :)

Back