photo of the day | november 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The red room (office, the color is Flaming Sword :D), my monkey (that we realized the other day I'd have for like 20-something years) and some new kicks ... I just kind of liked the pic, yes, it's dumb :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2169.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Love the photo and that monkey! The detail carving of the monkey statue reminds me of the "three wise monkeys" sitting on a shelf in my grandma's kitchen. Not sure know who ended up with that representation of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" but I ended up with an ad hoc construction instead: a kitchen Buddha, a Maneki Neko cat and a swear jar. :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
At my previous company, I had it on a shelf behind my desk, up high so it was sort of over my head. Someone would come in and ask something I had zero idea about, I would say nothing, just point at the monkey. :ROFLMAO: I can't quite recall where the monkey came from, I think it was a gift from my biz partner (and his wife / our sales lead, who were very good friends of mine) at the time - or maybe it was just his and I just kind of pilfered it. :D

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I love talking to strangers on the street and making portraits. And this is one of my favorite street portraits. That's Ali. He's a newspaper vendor in San Francisco selling Chronicles on a busy corner in the city. I hit him up for a few minutes of conversation and then a portrait, which he enthusiastically obliged.

Obama Inauguration 1000.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I love going down there. Parking is a bitch, though.
One of the things I'm learning about retirement is to do things early on weekdays, I've always struggled to get parking there on weekends but this time it was nice and easy.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
One of the things I'm learning about retirement is to do things early on weekdays, I've always struggled to get parking there on weekends but this time it was nice and easy.

We took a little staycation there a couple years ago and stayed over the weekend in a little hotel. I had to move my car a few times ago until I found a spot, a half mile away, where I could park continuously.

It’s really nice down there. Fun to walk around and window shop.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I made this photograph at Mission Ranch, just south of Carmel, California. It's rustic, but a great place to stay with reasonable rates that seem to never increase. I like their meadow and 55 sheep a shepherd takes care of.

What's nice is it's a short walk to the Pacific Ocean where you see a lot of interesting architecture, including a Frank Lloyd Wright home that hugs the coast. A bit further south along the coast is Point Lobos, a nice place for hiking and nature photography.

253890034_10223908443793718_2596667630602603249_n.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I made this photograph at Mission Ranch, just south of Carmel, California. It's rustic, but a great place to stay with reasonable rates that seem to never increase. I like their meadow and 55 sheep a shepherd takes care of.

What's nice is it's a short walk to the Pacific Ocean where you see a lot of interesting architecture, including a Frank Lloyd Wright home that hugs the coast. A bit further south along the coast is Point Lobos, a nice place for hiking and nature photography.

Neat, I just looked the place up, that seems fun, and I immediately checked out the food and bevs, looks good :)

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Neat, I just looked the place up, that seems fun, and I immediately checked out the food and bevs, looks good :)

A bit of history about Mission Ranch...Long ago, starting in the 1800s, it was a dairy ranch. After a couple changes in ownership over the years, it was about to be acquired by a condominium developer in the 1980s. Clint Eastwood, who was mayor of Carmel at the time, heard about that and purchased the property. He converted it into a "resort," cleaning it up, updating fixtures, etc, but leaving it pretty much in its rustic condition. People stay there because of the character, the sheep, a really good restaurant, proximity to Carmel (not a biggie for me), and being close to the Pacific Ocean, Point Lobos and Big Sur. Ansel Adams made a lot of photographs in the area as he lived nearby.

Attachments

• Sheep 9-17.jpg
    Sheep 9-17.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2