San Francisco Leica Camera Store Robbed

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What a shame, I've been in there several times now and they have (had) a great inventory of historical cameras. Decent people in there all the way around but sadly the crime there is off the charts, these people can (and do) rob anything they want basically unchecked.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That really sucks. Must have been a pretty frightening experience. Wondering how the cameras and lenses will be fenced. In some other state (or country) I imagine.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That really sucks. Must have been a pretty frightening experience. Wondering how the cameras and lenses will be fenced. In some other state (or country) I imagine.
Or you'll see them setting up a shop (literally) in the Mission somewhere selling the goods like a vendor. Cops and DA here simply don't give a shit.

Typical day.
Greenshot 2022-11-27 17.49.51.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

That was one of the first things that hit my mind.

If the store really only dealt in older (ie film) high-end stuff, it might be harder to fence.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

If the store really only dealt in older (ie film) high-end stuff, it might be harder to fence.
Right, they cater to a pretty specific and unique high end audience, not typical prosumer camera gear.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Yeah... I'm guessing there was already a far away somewhat sophisticated channel lined up before the robbery, and the camera bodies and lenses won't be seen on a street corner or even in SF.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah... I'm guessing there was already a far away somewhat sophisticated channel lined up before the robbery, and the camera bodies and lenses won't be seen on a street corner or even in SF.
I posted that to make the point that there is seemingly no penalties to pay for these robberies, whether at an expensive boutique shop or a Walgreens, it's rampant here

I also don't think these criminals are sophisticated enough to run through a fencing ring, they're likely the same brazen street thugs who would hit an Apple store. I think we're more likely to see this stuff on something craigslist from this crowd and hopefully it will lead to arrests.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I posted that to make the point that there is seemingly no penalties to pay for these robberies, whether at an expensive boutique shop or a Walgreens, it's rampant here

I also don't think these criminals are sophisticated enough to run through a fencing ring, they're likely the same brazen street thugs who would hit an Apple store. I think we're more likely to see this stuff on something craigslist from this crowd and hopefully it will lead to arrests.

It would be telling seeing a precise list of what was stolen. And that would speak to how it will be "re-sold." :)

I still think there's more to it than a simple smash-n-grab -> random fence

No doubt Craigslist and other's like that will be auto-watched.

Top Bottom
1 2