Ted Lasso

U

User 189

I wanted to create a thread for the single purpose of discussing Ted Lasso. For those who haven't already watched it, you can find it on Apple TV+ if you're interested. ⚽

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I watched the first season four times. It was amazing. And I'm looking forward to seeing how this season progresses.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It sounded stupid so I didn’t watch it…until I went to visit my daughter last week. She also had never watched it. So on a day when we didn’t feel like doing anything at all we sat down and started binging. My gods! You even wind up liking the unlikeable characters. Except Rupert…I don’t think anyone will ever like him.

It’s a new age Pollyanna and I cannot get enough of the optimism.

U

User.191

It sounded stupid so I didn’t watch it…until I went to visit my daughter last week. She also had never watched it. So on a day when we didn’t feel like doing anything at all we sat down and started binging. My gods! You even wind up liking the unlikeable characters. Except Rupert…I don’t think anyone will ever like him.

It’s a new age Pollyanna and I cannot get enough of the optimism.
I got the wife addicted to it a few months ago. She started off saying she'd watch a single episode and ended up binging the entire series. I of course had watched it before so felt I was on a winner and the show is just as funny the second time around!

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion:
I tried watching it but I didn’t find it that good. I really don’t understand the hype about this show.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
It’s just a big ole bowl of total positivity. And sometimes a guy who sounds like a good ole boy can have some smarts and triumph over the folks who prejudged him as just a good ole boy.
I quibble with the "total" part. There are some moments of pain and hurt in the series that are, to me, portrayed with authenticity like Ted's anxiety attack and his last in-person conversation with his wife, but the show just has so much heart. It is the antithesis to what is going on in the world. Instead of "total positivity," I'd say that it just makes you feel so darn good, in spite of – and because of? – the painful moments.

Barbecue sauce!

Top Bottom
1 2