TFW when…

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
…you spend an hour debugging why your super fancy synology mesh router system can’t connect on ipv4 but can sort of connect on ipv6 to the ISP, only to finally realize that the problem is your fancy Cat 7 jumper between the modem and master router somehow went bad while sitting in a cabinet untouched.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
…you spend an hour debugging why your super fancy synology mesh router system can’t connect on ipv4 but can sort of connect on ipv6 to the ISP, only to finally realize that the problem is your fancy Cat 7 jumper between the modem and master router somehow went bad while sitting in a cabinet untouched.
You obviously need at least 10 Cats in the Cable to fit both IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time. It’s the purrfect setup.

More like meow, not (w)ooof.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I don't think any of this is true?
Ridiculous. Denial is not a river in Egypt (even though cats were worshipped in good old Egypt). What’s next? Telling me you’ve never rebooted your cables to fix a cat problem because you care too much about uptime?

Additionally:
The more cats in the cable the better. Makes the data packets run much faster through the cable to avoid getting caught. Sure, some packets may get lost, but that’s actually protecting your computer, preventing it from getting poisoned by bad packets. Your devices deserve the best packets! When the networks send their packets, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending packets that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re antivaxxers. And some, I assume, are good packets.

Why do you think there are so many cats on the Internet, huh? They make the net go 'round! Most network problems are arguably due to a lack of appropriate cats. Use of Schrödinger's cat, for example, can be problematic.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I been savin' this up for this occasion, I think. You guys deserve this award,

triple pun award.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2