The 2020-2021 NFL thread

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm watching with interest the DeShaun Watson and Aaron Rodgers situations in Houston and Green Bay, respectively. Neither one seems to be satisfied with how their teams are being managed.

I know Rodgers has been unhappy for at least a couple of years now with their frustrating insistence on drafting players like quarterback and not getting him any good receiver help. With Rodgers under contract through 2023, however, I don't see how he has any leverage except retiring.

(And I'm not sure how that works. Can he retire to get out of his contract, and then un-retire after a certain period and sign with another team, with no consequences?)

Watson, on the other hand, is displeased with being sidelined on important decisions. He might get his wish and get traded if the Texans can find anybody willing to pay what will undoubtedly be a high price they set for him.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Lord this is turning out to be a lame Super Bowl. Brady’s running away with it 😖, the halftime show was blah, and I’ve yet to see a memorable commercial, with the possible exception of the one with Patrick Stewart on top of a mountain for Paramount. (“You got us up here for a metaphor?” 😄 )

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Stats show 110yds of yellow laundry for KC. I wonder if that is a SB record.
As a Bills fan, that was very frustrating to watch. In the Chiefs/Bills game, their secondary was doing the exact same thing: holding receivers on every play. But the refs didn’t call it once. With Tom Brady as the opposing QB, they called it many times.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Brady needs to effing retire already. But you and I know he’s going to keep on playing until he’s got a ring for each finger. 😠

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
A couple of notes:

There was one other funny commercial last night: the one with Will Ferrell grousing about Norway being so high-and-mighty over all their electric cars, and then getting there, all prepared to tell them off, and looking around at the attractive towns and the clean air and going, “Hey, this is nice.”

The other thing is, they didn’t show him, but it was really pathetic of 45th President of the United States Donald Trump to jump out of the stands and run across the field like that in a desperate bid for attention.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
1613102474843.jpeg

Another thought, of course, is just to have Brady be an itinerant QB for the rest of his career until he’s enabled every team to win a Super Bowl. Then he can retire.

Top Bottom
1 2