Trump aide Hope Hicks has Covid - Update Trump Tests Positive

...and she travels with Trump.

Top Trump aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus after traveling with president to debate

...Hicks, who has been known to spend a lot of time with Trump, had traveled with the president to the debate Tuesday night in Cleveland. She was seen not wearing a mask.

Trump, 74, himself rarely wears a mask and has mocked his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, 77, for often wearing face coverings.

The White House didn’t comment on reports that Hicks had tested positive, but a spokesman issued a statement about the administration’s Covid-19 protocols.

Seriously...he's been tempting fate for a long time now. I'm not hoping she gave it to him, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point either.

Last edited:
U

User.45

The 'compassionate conservative' always comes out of that crowd, if they feel THEY aren't getting that compassion.

Otherwise it's doubling down on 'tough love', and "they knew what they were getting into".

And the favorite for the pseudo tough guys, "win stupid prizes for playing stupid games".
Personal responsibilitah!!!!!!$!$!!!!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
THere's no reason for him to pretend having it. Unless he knows he's going to lose and this is already part of saving face. Unlikely.

Tshrimp is now lecturing people on being humane and civil:D
2020, what a fucked up year you are!
It didn't take long for decorum to take a nosedive. No matter how this plays out, it will be divisive on his end while his supporters will expect everyone else to show class.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Aren't we also over looking the suspicions that he had some kind of mini strokes, which account for all the strange recent body tics people keep observing? Doesn't that make him a greater health risk?

Yeah, I realize he will have the best medical response on the planet, but I think his current health situation is a little more than, "He's 73 and a few pounds overweight ..."

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They are saying he’s reporting mild symptoms, but it’s early.

#ThoughtsAndPrayers

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I realize how tasteless it sounds, but looking at the faux concern reaches for moral superiority...

All I can think of is how much this seems like this same crowd be getting on me if cheered when Hitler shot himself.

"This is a time we as a community need to think about mental health & gun control!"

No! Remember it's this guy...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1312037306556190721/

Remember kids, when the shit hits the floor, to have compassion for the asshole that produced it.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I don’t believe Trump has it. Of course, if he does it definitely proves that hydroxychloriquine does not work as a prophylactic.
I wouldn't put it past him to attempt faking getting sick as a ploy to garner some positive attention his way during the election, but it'd be INCREDIBLY difficult for him to pull off.

I'm about 90% sure he's got it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm skeptical. I think it's a ploy. He wants to emerge as a hero and claim that it's nothing, exactly like he's been claiming.
A good buddy called me this morning to tell me the same thing, he's been watching a lot of Maddow lately. Personally, I have no reason to doubt it as he's constantly out there with no protection and those who surround him are afraid to wear masks either as they don't want to offend him. This could have reached deep into the WH unfortunately.

U

User.45

A good buddy called me this morning to tell me the same thing, he's been watching a lot of Maddow lately. Personally, I have no reason to doubt it as he's constantly out there with no protection and those who surround him are afraid to wear masks either as they don't want to offend him. This could have reached deep into the WH unfortunately.
Faking COVID has no strategic advantage for him in my opinion. There's no objective evidence that he had "mini strokes", and the only tangible data we have about his health is that he's 73 and he is obese. With those usually come with hypertension and my fixation on his asymmetric pupils may give a slight hint that he doesn't have the greatest small vessel health, but to make such statements, we would need a lot more data.

So best is to assume, that he is just an old fat guy with a severe case of DSM-V cluster B personality disorders.

Coronaviruses are cold viruses for a reason. They are much more virulent when its cold. So my suspicion is that he met a lot of people in settings that were working OK during the hot summer, but the same (very lax) precautions immediately failed after he and his team visited some colder states.

What makes me smile is the claim he has mild COVID. Pre-dexamethasone, symptoms tended to peak 7-10d after diagnosis, so current reporting on his symptoms are irrelevant. BUT, this takes us to one important issue: he'll have hell of a difficult time to get out there and regain some ground for this time period. He didn't develop a remote campaigning strategy, and he lives off the energy of his supporters. So this is a truly major hit for Trump.

+ If 10-20% of his core team gets out of commission for the same time period, that is also a major hit for him.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Glad to hear Biden has avoided it so far but there's still a good chance that Trump infected the entire room because he couldn't keep him from spewing high velocity particulates out of his blowhole through the air the entire time.

U

User.45

The more I think about it the more I think what may have happened, is that the Trump bunch were tested daily, but Hicks might have had a false negative test and slipped through the defenses.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The more I think about it the more I think what may have happened, is that the Trump bunch were tested daily, but Hicks might have had a false negative test and slipped through the defenses.
It sounds like their contact tracing is in full swing, will be interesting to hear the results. Everyone in the west wing is freaking out right now, it's almost as if they could've worn masks for some peace of mind.

Top Bottom
1 2