Trump aide Hope Hicks has Covid - Update Trump Tests Positive

...and she travels with Trump.

Top Trump aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus after traveling with president to debate

...Hicks, who has been known to spend a lot of time with Trump, had traveled with the president to the debate Tuesday night in Cleveland. She was seen not wearing a mask.

Trump, 74, himself rarely wears a mask and has mocked his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, 77, for often wearing face coverings.

The White House didn’t comment on reports that Hicks had tested positive, but a spokesman issued a statement about the administration’s Covid-19 protocols.

Seriously...he's been tempting fate for a long time now. I'm not hoping she gave it to him, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point either.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I pretty much have zero sympathy for Trump, but in Trump world there’s always something lower than rock bottom. I have less than zero sympathy for the people who attended his fundraiser last night who then found out today that Trump knew he was exposed before the fundraiser and decided to do it anyway. Why anybody would still give this clown money is beyond me, but this is truly a case where you get what you paid for. Enjoy your secret raffle prize.

I can almost guarantee the only reason they were there was either because of the (R) or because they play both sides. Either way, lol at them.

U

User.45

Must be getting serious, just now breaking...

The WH tries to sell this as something routine for monitoring.
I was thinking about what I'd do if I were the white house physician besides shitting my pants.
Given the volatility of the situation and the closeness of Walter Reed, and the fact that they can give infusions in the WH,
I'd say he has to have at least 1 poorly controlled symptom for such move. Let it be fever, shortness of breath. Or some worrisome lab values.
The WH may have an overcautious protocol for this. But I can't think of another justification.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Glad to hear Biden has avoided it so far but there's still a good chance that Trump infected the entire room because he couldn't keep him from spewing high velocity particulates out of his blowhole through the air the entire time.
Yeah, I worry about that because even though they were fairly far apart, Trump's mouth was in full fire hose mode. Who knows how far those particles could have traveled?

That is rich. They trusted the world's biggest liar with the honor system??

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
its becoming apparent that real doctors, not fake doctors, are taking care of him.

the quack in NYC (he will be the fittest president evah) and ronnie (he's got great genes) were truly corrupt.

but since the recent news that he's at walter reid and that he is on some experimental drugs, its clear that we can rely on some believable updates over the coming days - with a little bit of salt knowing that for security reasons any real bad news would be softened.

i do think there will be a pro-covid-trump boost among some (any left?) on the fence voters.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
i do think there will be a pro-covid-trump boost among some (any left?) on the fence voters.

I dunno, I think it's possible the turnout will end up deflated all around.

People are starting to think wtf you can't even make this shit up so gimme the remote and let's find something better to watch.

If that's true I hope a lotta Dems requested mail-in ballots even if they figured they might take them to the polling station, At least it's not that much effort to walk them to the mail slot in the lobby or the roadside box for pickup,.

lizkat

Reaction score
It has to be somewhat serious if they’ve taken him to Walter Reed. I don‘t expect imminent death, but I think we saw the one and only debate.

Maybe something in Trump's memory of all that laying on of hands by his crew of fairly compromised evangelical clergy for the past four years will cause him to get right with the God of his vague recollections. I'm assuming there's actually something wrong with him.

I think it's real.jpg

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Maybe something in Trump's memory of all that laying on of hands by his crew of fairly compromised evangelical clergy for the past four years will cause him to get right with the God of his vague recollections. I'm assuming there's actually something wrong with him.

I dunno what that guy's problem is. If I woke up with a tail, I'd think it was the greatest day of my life.

lizkat

Reaction score
I dunno what that guy's problem is. If I woke up with a tail, I'd think it was the greatest day of my life.

Could probably convert its existence to some cash at the very least with a few banners outside town and a colorful little cage on a platform...

Who knows what the White House staff and campaign crews will be waking up with in the next 10 days or so. Lotta second guessing of their deep loyalty to the boss who scoffs at masks? His health costs are covered but some of their coverage might be pretty sketchy. Anyway this quote from a Politico piece cited below it pretty much says it all.

“I wish I could tell you they have this good protocol that’s been in play for months, but it seems to ramp up and down with whatever’s going on politically,” said a person familiar with the White House approach to Covid-19 safety measures.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I think the the test to apply here is the Twitter Test: If Mr Trump continues to communicate to the world via Twitter, the tone authentically intemperate and laced with ample abuse of capital letters to emphasise his point, we can conclude that his brush with Covid-19 is unlikely to impair his health.

If, however, radio - or Twitter - silence occurs, I think we may conclude that his illness may be actually quite serious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2