Upcoming, Rumored Movie, TV Projects

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Well they did one hell of a job with the Battlestar Gallactica reboot so there is hope. :unsure:

I have tried re-watch that remake show and just don’t find the motivation from 15 years ago anymore. It’s filled with so-so actors and way too much bloat - the original seemed outright action-packed against this.

It’s like making a new A-Team show and instead of action producing dozens of episodes about PTSD.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’m wondering if theaters are going to experience a similar impact as the people who don’t want to have to go back to the office to work. It would be a real shame to lose the theater experience but very few movies benefit from it, especially as quality home theater setups have become a lot more affordable. I’ve been running a full wall projector in the living room for years and I have recliners. I can’t think of anything I’ve watched on that setup that I would have rather seen in a theater, no matter how epic. Not to mention the food and beverages are cheaper and I can pause or stop the movie and go back to it later. Plus I'm not going to force myself to finish a movie that is garbage.

I don't have quite the same setup — just a high end TV that's close enough to seem like a movie screen — but I agree. Before the pandemic I went to a few movie theaters with reclining seats, but the comfort was offset by having to deal with sticky floors and chatter by other movie-goers. I guess I'm going to have to wait longer for some of the movies I want to see.

And I thought movie theaters were in trouble before COVID. :oops:

I get that there’s the possibility of better immersion in a theater with the size of the screen and audio, but it’s so often offset by technical issues like focus, so-so color/contrast, audio that’s just loud vs. good balance / fidelity. Our main TV room isn’t some ultra-high dollar system, but it’s pretty decent, with crystal clear 4K/HDR that’s been properly calibrated, good audio, and we sit close enough that it’s kind of the same scale.

Then __everything__ else favors the home experience:

We can pause the movie, take a bathroom break, refresh a drink

Speaking of, actually have an adult beverage (I know some theaters have this)

Make some really tasty snacks, that we can keep hot, not wait in line

Not have to deal with some loudmouth / talk among ourselves without bothering someone else

Get comfortable, change the AC/temp

Last edited:

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
re: Theaters vs. Home

I get that there’s the possibility of better immersion in a theater with the size of the screen and audio, it’s so often offset by technical issues like focus, so-so color/contrast, audio that’s just loud vs. good balance / fidelity. Our main TV room isn’t some ultra-high dollar system, but it’s pretty decent, with crystal clear 4K/HDR that’s been properly calibrated, good audio, and we sit close enough that it’s kind of the same scale.

Then __everything__ else favors the home experience:

We can pause the movie, take a bathroom break, refresh a drink

Make some really tasty snacks, that we can keep hot, not wait in line

Not have to deal with some loudmouth / talk among ourselves without bothering someone else

Get comfortable, change the AC/temp

Spot on for me, the at home experience often times is just way more convenient and comfortable. And I just don’t enjoy hundreds of people all around me anymore - maybe for live concerts but not for a movie.

Then there are the food choices that you have to purchase on site, often times with half the charm of a cheap mall’s food court…

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well they did one hell of a job with the Battlestar Gallactica reboot so there is hope. :unsure:

My only concern for B5 is that it’s the CW. If they make it conform to their style, Sheridan, Delenn, Garibaldi, Londo and others will be aged down to about 25.

Many of the major characters had histories and battle scars, so trying to portray them as somewhere between Gen Y and Gen Z isn’t gonna fly.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Usually when I'm having an adult beverage the last thing I want to do is sit still and quiet for several hours. This is another plus for the home theater. Pause or stop the movie when I'm starting to feel like the most interesting person in the room that people really want to talk to.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
My only concern for B5 is that it’s the CW. If they make it conform to their style, Sheridan, Delenn, Garibaldi, Londo and others will be aged down to about 25.

Many of the major characters had histories and battle scars, so trying to portray them as somewhere between Gen Y and Gen Z isn’t gonna fly.

Who or what exactly is CW?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I have tried re-watch that remake show and just don’t find the motivation from 15 years ago anymore. It’s filled with so-so actors and way too much bloat - the original seemed outright action-packed against this.

It’s like making a new A-Team show and instead of action producing dozens of episodes about PTSD.

The pilot impressed me as being light years better than that corny old ‘80s version.

However when the Cylon kept harping about having to accept Jesus as your savior, they lost me.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Spot on for me, the at home experience often times is just way more convenient and comfortable. And I just don’t enjoy hundreds of people all around me anymore - maybe for live concerts but not for a movie.

Then there are the food choices that you have to purchase on site, often times with half the charm of a cheap mall’s food court…
I’m like that with everything these days. Don’t wanna go to a theater for a movie, don’t wanna go to a stadium for a ball game. My TV is just fine.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

For some strange region I found myself vested in this story. I like the attack, the treachery and betrayal (Dr Balter), chain of command politics, Humans who could be Cylons, Cylons who don’t know they are not humans and have fallen in love with Humans, Cylons capable of reproducing with Humans, Cylons who want a God just like Humans have, seeking the promised land. :)

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
For some strange region I found myself vested in this story. I like the attack, the treachery and betrayal (Dr Balter), chain of command politics, Humans who could be Cylons, Cylons who don’t know they are not humans and have fallen in love with Humans, Cylons capable of reproducing with Humans, Cylons who want a God just like Humans have, seeking the promised land. :)

I really liked the original Baltar as being a really cool villain.

Also liked the Faceman style original character of Starbuck (same actor, Dirk Benedict).

The entire cylon-human thing the new one has to offer isn’t my cup of tea, at least now the second time around. Adama at least was casted very well in each variation!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It's a little ways off, but I'm looking forward to "Planet of the Dead", the sequel to "Army of the Dead".

I'm less enamored of the whole overused time loop idea as well as the animated spinoff, but the first two movies were entertaining, so I'm hopeful.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
From looks interesting—although the description sounds a lot like Wayward Pines redux.

I will check it out, however. The concept of towns as prisons has fascinated me ever since that original iteration, The Prisoner.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
From looks interesting—although the description sounds a lot like Wayward Pines redux.

I will check it out, however. The concept of towns as prisons has fascinated me ever since that original iteration, The Prisoner.
Escape From New York. The. Best.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I AM PSYCHED!!!!

I know for many the Tom Holland / Peter Parker is the Spider-Man for them. But since I'm aware of the stuff ( Ganke ) they lifted ( I'd even argue the version of Vulture is more in line of what you'd see in Miles comic ), not to much this whole multi-versal ( which is from regular Peter Parker Spider - Man ironically ) thing to co op into the Holland version from the Miles I've a bit of a grudge. Though the MJ that isn't MJ ( remember that? ) worked out great as their own original touch.

I did NOT think they would go with Miles Vs Spider-Man of 2099 though.

Glad to see my other favorite character Gwen Stacy / Ghost Spider / Spider - Woman ditched the ballet slippers for sneakers.

Also it CAN'T be a coincidence they released so close to the new Spider - Man movie coming out.

Fingers tied for a cameo / appearance / cross over.

Last edited:

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

That sounds like something a cylon would say.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I am a fan of the Reacher book series and 2 movies. Wife let me know last night that there was going to be a Reacher series coming this February.

At least this time they cast Reacher more in line with the books. Tom Cruise was just too small to be Reacher.

Top Bottom
1 2