• Redesigned Dock
  • New Quick Actions with AssistiveTouch

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Had to update to 8.7 first and now it's letting me install 9. I'm a glutton, why not. :mrgreen:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Took almost two hours to do the watch update. I got tired of waiting and went for my swim sans watch. Added in the activity using Manual activity app, but didn’t get credit for my Move. So I’m not happy at all.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Took almost two hours to do the watch update. I got tired of waiting and went for my swim sans watch. Added in the activity using Manual activity app, but didn’t get credit for my Move. So I’m not happy at all.
Same here, had no idea it would take that long.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m installing as well. Going onto hour two. I’ve found WatchOS updates to fall somewhere between iOS and tvOS in worthwhile new features.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Same here, had no idea it would take that long.
Was the watch connected to WiFi? If not it would have had to transfer the update to the watch over Bluetooth which will take F O R E V E R. Mine was done in less than 30 minutes. Downloaded to watch in only a few minutes. Most of the time was just "Preparing update...". Threw it on the charger for a while and it was done.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

You can always add it in manually. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Y’all…I caved. When I saw that the battery of the Ultra is 73% bigger than that of the 8, and I have a 5…I couldn’t stand it. So I’ll have an Ultra delivered for my birthday next month.
Nearly every year I say "no way, not getting it this year", then a month later I'm posting pics of my brand new shiny Apple product. My hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Was the watch connected to WiFi? If not it would have had to transfer the update to the watch over Bluetooth which will take F O R E V E R. Mine was done in less than 30 minutes. Downloaded to watch in only a few minutes. Most of the time was just "Preparing update...". Threw it on the charger for a while and it was done.
It was on WIFI but very slow, it may not have been quite that long but it still took a while and it seems most of it is tied up in updating, not so much downloading or communicating.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Y’all…I caved. When I saw that the battery of the Ultra is 73% bigger than that of the 8, and I have a 5…I couldn’t stand it. So I’ll have an Ultra delivered for my birthday next month.

Congratulations! Looking forward to your review.

I came very close to ordering an Ultra, but in the end chickened out. To assuage my regret I bought a pair of force-multiplying pliers. Sadly, it's just not the same, though. :)

Attachments

• Pliers.jpg
    Pliers.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
On WiFi. Not sure it will even let you do it otherwise.

BTW, glad I caved. Just finished my swim (it’s 2:36 in the afternoon) and my battery is down to 28% even though I turned on low power mode.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
On WiFi. Not sure it will even let you do it otherwise.

BTW, glad I caved. Just finished my swim (it’s 2:36 in the afternoon) and my battery is down to 28% even though I turned on low power mode.
Cool, hope you like it! I would do the same, but I limit myself to one Ultra a year, and the Mac Studio did it.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I'm kind of enjoying the vacation from the usual hassle of doing an Apple Watch update on my Series 3. She's no longer eligible, and eventually I'll get around to getting a new watch, but I am going to wait until the mad rush is finished because I'll need to go into the Apple store and try on watches and bands due to the increase in the sizes of the watches since my Series 3. Having small wrists is going to be problematic here. In the meantime, at least the Series 3 will still work and tell me the time and all that, which is really all I need from her.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Nearly every year I say "no way, not getting it this year", then a month later I'm posting pics of my brand new shiny Apple product. My hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Same here but so far in 2022 I've managed to sit on my hands, mostly because I've been pretty tempted by more than one Apple hardware option. Dithering is a great budget minder. :unsure: :LOL:

Top Bottom
1 2