Weather

jonblatho

Power User
Reaction score
Miserably hot here in Oklahoma today and tomorrow, looking forward to a cold front's passage on Sunday for some amount of relief. My electric bill is, too. 🤑

hi1.png

hi2.png

Coming up on the end of our second proper heat wave of the year...so far. :confused:

Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 8.38.00 PM.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I had to throw some plastic over my tomatoes last night, the forecast was low enough to intefere with blossom-setting, and I think judging from how damn cold I was this morning (I had left a window open in the spare bedroom by mistake) it might have got down into the mid 40s. I don't really mind because the highs have been only up to the mid-70s, so a near perfect June for me except for those low dips on some of the nights. But it's weird to have these deep overnight dips below 50 in late June, when the predicted "last frost" date is in the rear view by a couple of weeks.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thunder storms abound. I am enjoying just sitting on the patio and watching the rain. Hubby had a mini-meltdown over the pool, but he’s learned a thing or two so he was able to empty some water. I will not be swimming today.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Thunder storms abound. I am enjoying just sitting on the patio and watching the rain. Hubby had a mini-meltdown over the pool, but he’s learned a thing or two so he was able to empty some water. I will not be swimming today.

Holy hell, yes, yesterday, we had a really nasty one blow through, lost power (it was like the last big strike as it moved away, hahaha, I was like, "Wow, I'm surprised we did lose **BOOM** oh ...").

Got the outage report in, and the initial report was 2.5-3 hours before power was restored. We lit a couple of candles, hung out for a bit - Daughter said her phone needed charging - I had shut my machine down, and was just about to fire it back to charge it for her (Mini on a 1000w UPS ...) and I asked Wife if she was a little warm, then it dawned on me ...

Sitting in the garage is an 82,000w battery with AC and comfortable seating :D So we hop into the Tesla, fire up the AC, Daughter plugs into the rear USB-C ports and plays a game - we recline the seats back, load up Netflix on the center display, car has its own operational cell network connection - roomy, cool, entertaining.

Nice :D

The power actually came back on in under an hour, they were on it!

I seriously want an F-150 Lightning with the reversible power setup, push a button, the truck powers the house!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another storm last night. Filled the pool up, but now we have a waggly liner. Got someone coming in the morning to see what our problem is.

58D55D19-91A7-43D4-A7D7-85F9C09D6D79.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Thunder storms abound.

Same here. I guess we both have the same general weather this time of year.

Heat of the day juices up the atmosphere until it is saturated, then it rains which cools the air leading to isolated t-storms that can pop up anywhere on a moment's notice which then leads to lines of more severe t-storms. Rinse, repeat.

At least I got both lawns mowed this week.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
Very hot here in Eastern Washington: over 100 and I can't sleep any more today. No air conditioning in the house. The temperatures are going to be in the upper 80s again by Monday which is the normal for this season. But, the heat will make the wheat harvest dry out faster for a sooner cutting. Very wet spring this year, so the (bumper crop!) wheat is still somewhat green in the draws and the flatter land.

lizkat

Reaction score
Not to rub it in for those experiencing a horribly hot summer, but here in NYS even in areas outside the Catskills it has been a mostly great summer for weather... with far fewer "heat advisory" days than one might expect this year.

In this piece a Texan visiting relatives in his former hangouts near Niagara Falls remarks on the pleasure of turning off the A/C and letting the cool breeze run through the car. Imagine that...

Of course Buffalo is known for fierce winters drummed up by Lake Erie, so the guy might have had good reason to exit upstate NY for Texas, after one of those wicked lakeside blizzards. But this year apparently brought him back looking for summer fun in some natural A/C.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not to rub it in for those experiencing a horribly hot summer, but here in NYS even in areas outside the Catskills it has been a mostly great summer for weather... with far fewer "heat advisory" days than one might expect this year.

In this piece a Texan visiting relatives in his former hangouts near Niagara Falls remarks on the pleasure of turning off the A/C and letting the cool breeze run through the car. Imagine that...

Of course Buffalo is known for fierce winters drummed up by Lake Erie, so the guy might have had good reason to exit upstate NY for Texas, after one of those wicked lakeside blizzards. But this year apparently brought him back looking for summer fun in some natural A/C.
This is a time of the year I really miss my hometown…

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Holy shit, it's crazy right now ...

Wow, had some 55 MPH gusts (per a neighbors weather station)!

Our flag blew off the tree, the screws holding the mounting bracket actually sheared off o_O (in their defense, they were old and rusty) Remounted with some fresh SS fasteners :)

Tons of tree gut in the yard, cleaned all that up and picked up a couple of piles of weeds, pulled a few more, can is loaded up for Monday yard garbage.

lizkat

Reaction score
Wondering how any members who are Texas residents are doing today after all that rain and flooding,.. some areas saw 10-15 inches of rainfall in 18 hours from Sunday into today. Sounds terrible.

D

Deleted member 215

104 degrees here 🥵 Hottest temperature since 2017.

Over 110 in many parts of NorCal right now.

Top Bottom
1 2