Welcome new members!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Outgunned, outmanned, outnumbered, and outplanned. Oh wait...I'm singing Hamilton again.

So glad you could join us!

Hamilton.

Now, when the world returns to some vague semblance of normality, that is one show I really would love to see, as in, see as a live performance, a genuine, real, entirely authentic, honest-to-God theatrical show, staged in a theatre, played/performed in front of an audience, a live audience.

The things that you used to take for granted.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All! Thanks for the invitation and welcome!

Glad to have you here. I think you know most of the folks here.

Hamilton.

Now, when the world returns to some vague semblance of normality, that is one show I really would love to see, as in, see as a live performance, a genuine, real, entirely authentic, honest-to-God theatrical show, staged in a theatre, played/performed in front of an audience, a live audience.

The things that you used to take for granted.

I got lucky and saw the touring company last year in New Orleans. Magical. I miss theatre.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
As someone you (most, if not all of you) know, I have worked in some of the most dysfunctional laces on the planet.

That experience has given me a whole new, entirely fresh appreciation of some of the more agreeable aspects of our more mundane existence in the First World: Coffee shops, museums, theatres, pubs, bars, restaurants,book-shops, art galleries, concerts, just being able to sit and read a newspaper while sipping a cup of coffee.

Bliss.

Any lingering shades of silly, self-indulgent cynicism, that cultural jaded palate of the perennially tired teen, (and the university world prizes, promotes, encourages that sort of teen mindset, - among students, & indeed, sometimes, especially among, the academic staff - well, as long as it is comes with an enquiring mind, and a reasonably hard-working ethos) disappeared or dissipated when I was faced with the world as endured by those who have survived war, civil war, all kinds of strife, destruction, dysfunction, challenges & - very often stratospheric corruption of a deeply depressing nature.

So, I developed a fresh - and real - appreciation of the small pleasures of our world, small pleasures now mostly suspended, or in abeyance for now, as a result of Covid-19.

Actually, this post probably belongs in another thread......

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Has anyone issued an invitation to JayMysterio?

He had extended an invitation to me to join him on Discord, and, while the company was most congenial, - politically & otherwise - the format, unfortunately, wasn't.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi. Is this where I get the early investor shares discount? Also, I would like to be promoted to dragon ninja elder with the ability to promote and kick other members as well as edit our mission statement. I was told that would be a perk if I sat through the entire seminar at the SF Hilton but I wasn't told how. Do I need to send somebody a photo of my name badge?

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Hi. Is this where I get the early investor shares discount? Also, I would like to be promoted to dragon ninja elder with the ability to promote and kick other members as well as edit our mission statement. I was told that would be a perk if I sat through the entire seminar at the SF Hilton but I wasn't told how. Do I need to send somebody a photo of my name badge?
heard entrance fee is actually a pic of your shaved legs, already sent mine in. :D

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Welcome, refresh the main forum page and you'll see everything now. :) Not sure I would call it a "perk".

Top Bottom
1 2