What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I barely managed to complete Constellation (AppleTV 2024). It was too many episodes of people lost and confused trying to figure out their circumstances in a parallel reality scenario, where the boundary between them is meager at best. At the end, there is resolution of sorts for one family, but the payoff for sticking though multiple episodes of “Mama!”, “Alice!” is not worth it. Now it‘s possible that season 2 (not yet released) is a continuation of this story, with these characters because things were not resolved for all of them. I’m just not that interested in enduring the continuation of the premise as presented.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I barely managed to complete Constellation (AppleTV 2024). It was too many episodes of people lost and confused trying to figure out their circumstances in a parallel reality scenario, where the boundary between them is meager at best. At the end, there is resolution of sorts for one family, but the payoff for sticking though multiple episodes of “Mama!”, “Alice!” is not worth it. Now it‘s possible that season 2 (not yet released) is a continuation of this story, with these characters because things were not resolved for all of them. I’m just not that interested in enduring the continuation of the premise.
That’s why I gave up after the 2nd episode.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fallout S1:E1- The End (Prime 2024)- Excellent, 200 years after nuclear war and a Vault dweller has a reason to climb up into the outside world. Keep in mind, this is based on one of my all time favorite games so I maybe biased. One thing I’ve not seen, or remember is interconnected vaults, but they easily could be which is a vital element as to why the series starts off as it does.

Set in Los Angeles so far there are 4 elements, Vault Dwellers hiding in their vaults, Raiders (surface dwelling bandits), Brotherhood of Steel (surface dwellers) who seeks to find and preserve technology, hates gouls and synths, although that has not been made evident yet, and a former Hollywood cowboy turned goul. There is a 5th element I’m not really familiar with The Enclave, a fascist organization in charge of much of the post- apocalyptic world. Plus they played one of my favorite Fallout songs from 1960. :)

For anyone who did not follow exactly:
Vault 32 and 33 are connected. Apparantly they don’t or rarely communicate with each other and apparantly they each have their own doors to the surface. A wedding contract between the vaults has 32 providing a breeder (husband) and 33 provides grain and supplies. However it turns out that 32 was taken over andvwiped out by raiders and these people are raiders disguised as Vault 32 inhabitants. Their goal is to raid Vault 33 and take some prisoners. The Vault Overseer (Kyle MacLachlan) is one of the prisoners and his daughter Lucy decides she will go find him out in the World.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Halo Series (Paramont+ 2022-)
Somehow I let this slip by when it first aired, today caught S1:E1 on an airliner, and it was excellent, although the sound quality (by virtue of being on a plane) sucked, so I’ve got this queued until we get home. Hard hitting action, combatants (Spartans and Covenant) with personal shield protection, most others seem like fodder.

Of note I’m a huge Halo fan from its XBox days. This was Bungie’s follow on FPS shooter game to Marathon, a huge Mac FPS that beat the snot out of Microsoft’s Doom. :D

The Master Chief (Spartans) and Covenant were just like I remember them although the Covenant (aggressive aliens) seem more bulked up. And blame it on me, I don’t remember that Spartans were bio-enhanced? Also waiting to see if Cortana, MasterChief’s AI equivalent of a love interest appears in this story.

IMG_3177.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Of note I’m a huge Halo fan from its XBox days. This was Bungie’s follow on FPS shooter game to Marathon, a huge Mac FPS that beat the snot out of Microsoft’s Doom. :D

My daughter was a toddler when this came out, so "we" spent a lot of time together playing it. Made it through the original game, but just couldn't get into subsequent versions.

Top Bottom
1 2