What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3224.jpeg

The final season, Evil Season 4 has started on Paramount +, one episode per week ugh. Yet I love this show and I’ll wait until I can watch 2 episodes at a time! However, today we rewatched the Season 3 final and Season 4 Episode 1. Things are churning.

For anyone not familiar, there is a team of 3, a priest, a sceptic, and a technician also a sceptic, working for the Catholic Church investigating supernatural phenomena, this and a long running sub-plot to bring the anti-Christ to Earth. Some evil characters in this show, including Michael Emerson’s. 👹🔥

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The final season, Evil Season 4 has started on Paramount +, one episode per week ugh. Yet I love this show and I’ll wait until I can watch 2 episodes at a time! However, today we rewatched the Season 3 final and Season 4 Episode 1. Things are churning.
I must admit I never made it through to the end. The scene with the mother talking down to Emerson’s character “do you really think you’re the first minor demon I’ve slept with?!” Was the start of the end to me. Last episode I watched was Emerson’s character in therapy with the devil. It just got silly.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Started “Dark Matter” on Apple+. It is, indeed, dark. If you like science fiction and alternate realities, this is for you.
The jury is still out for me but I'm up to episode 4 so trying to give it a fair shot since I enjoy sci fi shows. Problem is, I've fallen asleep a few times. But that's what a memory foam pillow & being just 3 months past open heart surgery will do to you.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I must admit I never made it through to the end. The scene with the mother talking down to Emerson’s character “do you really think you’re the first minor demon I’ve slept with?!” Was the start of the end to me. Last episode I watched was Emerson’s character in therapy with the devil. It just got silly.
I found the end of season 3 to be riveting. At this point the start of Season 4. I like the dynamics of the evil mother betraying her daughter, the manipulated husband, the conflict between Kristen and Leland, and the anti-Christ at least as far as seeing how it is all resolved.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_3227.jpeg

Watching Manhunt on Apple TV (2024), a limited series about the assassination of Lincoln and the hunt for Booth. While historical interesting especially the politics, Southern sympathies, and while the general gist of what happened is accurate, there’s a whole lot of stuff inserted into the show which represents things that may have happened, or suspected but not proven (like an assassination attempt on Jeff Davis), but also involved other people than the characters in the show. It bothers me a bit because you can almost slip into thinking you are watching accurate history.

One example is a search for a decrypter, a shipment of small pox infected clothing, the manifest which is revealed showing the Confederate Secret service highway from New York to Virginia, the path Booth is presumed to be taking. In actuality, reading historical accounts it’s more like common sense, there are only so many ways to cross from Maryland to Virginia, and at some point, they jumped over to the Virginia side and found Booth. His broken leg slowed him down quite a bit.

Another Example:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rome (HBO 2005-07) Third watch. I rank this among the best TV series ever made (I have seen 😉). Two seasons. The Season 1 Final, Kalends of February is a killer. It’s a shame it was cancelled prematurely and Ray Stevenson died prematurely, recently. 😢 HBO said way back when, it cost too much to produce in Italy, my understanding in the studio where Cleopatra (1963) was filmed. 🙁

IMG_3230.jpeg

IMG_3231.jpeg

IMG_3232.jpeg

Top Bottom
1 2