What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Paid a swift visit to the local store to pick up my organic milk (and double cream); and damn, forgot to buy some biscuits, a deficiency that I shall remedy tomorrow.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Had a 5 hour meeting this afternoon. I’m off until Tuesday, but feel like I’ll end up working half of tomorrow.
But tonight I’m shattered so already in bed.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Did this the other day ...

66032576150__E5BB96F9-008C-4C27-B98D-9DD549A7F338.jpeg

Forgot to use our $15 off $75 AMEX discount, so went back to today and did the same thing (remembered the extra discount, plus we had another points discount!) :D

ABC had an amazing deal on Absolut vodka, normally it's like $29 per 1.75 (aka, "handle"), it's $26, and if you buy two it's $10 off (i.e., $5 off each), but if you buy 4, it's $25 off, so we wound up with 8 :D

Bulleit was $49 + $10 off for 2, so I got 3 bourbons, 1 rye (and had a rye already on hand).

This should last us through December ... :D

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Purchased wine, biscuits (which I had forgotten to buy yesterday), crisps (chips to Our Transatlantic Cousins), oranges, lemons, grapefruit, and muesli.

Phoned the French bakery to put aside bread for me tomorrow.

And now, am reading the news.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Deer and sled are out! Other light were already out so we'll fire everything up tonight, with a massive bourbon 'nog :D

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Not much. Pulled my SI this morning simply turning to look for traffic as I was pulling out onto a street.

So I called the Chiropractor right them and he got me in. It's a bit better now with the therapy and adjustment, but still a bit hobbled.

This happens about twice a year or so and takes about a week to fully resolve. Glad it doesn't happen more. I really feel for people with chronic back pain.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Ugh... feel better soon! Used to happen to a neighbor who was a firefighter and plumber. He'd get into all kind of weird positions laying pipe in old houses up here, no problem, or lugging bulky stuff up and down ladders in firefighting drills or responses, no problem either. Then he'd put his back out just turning his head while parking his pickup in the T of his own driveway. Go figure.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Went out for breakfast with a former colleague. We’ve been trying to get together monthly since we’ve both left the school district. Afterwards I edited chapters for two friends working on their dissertation proposals. And of course, last night I walked through the IRB application for another of my chair’s students. I’m getting lots of good experience in!

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Busy day today. Two hours sat in a cafe waiting for my daughters to finish their dance classes, a trip to Screwfix to buy a new fan for one of our bathrooms after it packed up this morning, announcing random forum members are dead when they are not, picking up cat litter and food for the next few weeks and hopefully end up enjoying a few beers [emoji482]

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
announcing random forum members are dead when they are not,
An impressive skill, especially if done without consequence.

For my part, was running around paying some bills.

Also bought some beer, sparkling mineral water, crisps (chips to our Transatlantic Cousins), and dashed into the city to collect my bread from the French bakery, and to buy olive oil, olives, some vegetables - aubergines (eggplant), courgettes (zucchini), tomatoes, onions and chilli peppers - and some cheese in the farmers' market: Gorgonzola, Roquefort, Douruval, smoked goat's Gouda, classic (cow's milk) Maasdamer, and Maasdamer made from goat's milk.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
An impressive skill, especially if done without consequence.

For my part, was running around paying some bills.

Also bought some beer, sparkling mineral water, crisps (chips to our Transatlantic Cousins), and dashed into the city to collect my bread from the French bakery, and to buy olive oil, olives, some vegetables - aubergines (eggplant), courgettes (zucchini), tomatoes, onions and chilli peppers - and some cheese in the farmers' market: Gorgonzola, Roquefort, Douruval, smoked goat's Gouda, standard (cow's milk) Maasdam, and goat's Maasdam.

Hah, why do I think some home-made caponata is on your horizon over there... have fun!

Today I'll just be ignoring rainshowers and waiting out the high winds advisory coming up soon, stretching into the evening. Hope the power stays on and that the maple trees in the driveway can still take a joke. I am not in the mood for having "free" firewood land on the lawn (or kitchen roof), especially since I don't burn firewood any more.

Meanwhile the rain coming along w/ the warm front in advance of meeting up with a cold front has managed to melt the snow, which has nowhere to go since the ground has been setting up already and this warm front won't last long enough to make much of a dent, so we could have a skating rink here and there by midday tomorrow when temps fall back to normal overnight lows. Fun times...​

Seems on balance a good day to stick with books and music, now that I've brewed some extra coffee in case we lose power later on.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just had 3 ski days in a row. Can’t feel my legs and dreading a Peloton workout in a bit. Rain is melting my beloved snow. My big plan is Mexican and margaritas for lunch across the street.

Top Bottom
1 2