What Movie Are You Watching?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I vividly remember seeing this in Cinerama, though I think there was a non-Cinerama version too. Not many films were made in the format because it was expensive and difficult to shoot. The dividing lines between the three segments were sometimes visible, and there was occasional misalignment. Still, it was pretty cool and exciting for a kid.
Me too! Saw it in Cinerama as a kid, pretty amazing for the time, I remember the vertical lines in the screen. The equivalent today would be iMax.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Pacific Rim 2013)- Some might call this Transformers vs Godzilla, but this would be the best Transformer-like VS Godzilla-like movie. :D It’s better than authentic Godzilla movies. The story is coherent and the action is nicely correagraphed, great CGI and cinematography with some inserted humor.
Oh, only one complaint, the main theme rift da, da,da, duh, duh, duh, was played excessively. It’s in my head now. :)

I read the sequel is not so good. Anyone see it and can recommend it?

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Love and Monsters (2020)- Excellent! About the love of a young man with minimal survival skills, who decides to travel 80 miles though dangerous territory in California to reunite with his teen girl friend. She was a teen when he last saw her 7 years prior, during the advent of the large, mutated, dangerous critters apocalypse that destroyed civilization.

IMG_3129.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interstellar (2014)-
“We weren’t meant to save the Earth, we were meant to leave it.” The Earth is dieing in the near future, plan A and B to find a place to live. Epic, emotional, plot drama, and a paradox! Director Nolan strived to keep principles of space travel realistic, with the help of theoretical worm hole and black hole, at least theoretical as far as how we guess we might interact with them.

IMG_3134.jpeg

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Old Guard (2020)- A small group of people have immortality, and have affected history, frequently with violence as they shape events in this action, thriller. It’s ok, the story is competant, but the atmosphere is a bit oppressive, maybe depressive is a better word. I did not great vibes or satisfaction from it.

IMG_3137.jpeg

A sequel is reported to be released this year.

adammmmmmm

Reaction score
I loved this movie. Maybe someone has already seen it :)

Hardwired (2009) - Matrix-style sci-fi movie starring Val Kilmer and Cuba Gooding Jr. In the near future where corporations control almost every aspect of human life, Luke Gibson loses his wife and their unborn child in a car accident. Luke himself suffers serious brain damage, but Hope Corporation implants a chip in his brain to save his life. After some time, Luke discovers that this chip keeps showing ads until the person either buys the product or goes crazy. Trying to figure out why they did this to him and who he is, Luke learns that the chip being tested can self-destruct and kill him. Fearing that their chip will be discovered, the corporation activates self-destruction, but the hackers manage to hack the chip and save Luke's life, after which he joins their fight against the corporation.

Без названия (1).jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Code 8- Netflix. Mutants, Supers, people with enhanced powers are all the rage these days. In this story, 49% of the population are “powered”, with different specific skills, can melt metal, generate and transmit electricity, read minds, generate blasts of wind,, heal, etc. At one time they were accepted, respected, now they are viewed as a menace. All it takes over a period of time is for some of them to commit crimes using their powers and “normal” people feel insecure right? A familiar theme in these stories. “Code 8” is the designation of a “powered” crime.
IMG_3140.jpeg

This story is about an electric powered guy who wants to help his dying mother get medical attention, gets involved with criminals to make more money than he could get with a legitimate job. I’d think powered jobs would be well paying, but apparently not when you are scorned.

This story is decent, but due to low production values I rate it as mearly ok. A sequel Pt2 has been released which I plan on watching.

If you have not seen it, I’d highly recommend Sense 8, also on Netflix, the story of 8 gifted individuals who can mentally, telepathically interact with each other even though they are located around the world. While Code 8 feels a bit grim to me, Sense 8 is very good, intriguing, beautifully filmed.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Killers of the Flower Moon- Historical story set in northern Oklahoma 1910-30 about the systematic murders of Osage Indians on the tribe’s land. A worthy story, plagued by being overly long at 3.5 hrs. Despite the high quality of acting, direction, and production, it feels slow, but picks up when the FBI gets involved.
One thing is clear when you look at the sentences handed out, during that time frame, an Indian life was not worth a white life. 🥵

IMG_3146.jpeg

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Killers of the Flower Moon- Historical story set in northern Oklahoma 1910-30 about the systematic murders of Osage Indians on the tribe’s land. A worthy story, plagued by being overly long at 3.5 hrs. Despite the high quality of acting, direction, and production, it feels slow, but picks up when the FBI gets involved.

Which is what kept us from seeing it so far.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Things Heard and Seen (2021)- Suckola haunted house story. 😑 Starts with interesting history of house, some ho hum supernatural events, good/bad spirits, affairs which mean nothing, starts to get interesting, then plumetd into a stupid ending, with no redeeming story elements/spirit motivations, ugh.

Last edited:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mr and Mrs Smith, the Doug Liman film with Brangelina. It’s really well done, but Liman’s filmography is very impressive and he doesn’t get enough recognition, IMO. The action is excellent, the plot clear, not weighed down by needless crap, and Pitt and Jolie crush it. Throw in Vince Vaughn in his comedic prime with a great musical score. Just a fun picture, over 2 hrs, but feels shorter.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mr and Mrs Smith, the Doug Liman film with Brangelina. It’s really well done, but Liman’s filmography is very impressive and he doesn’t get enough recognition, IMO. The action is excellent, the plot clear, not weighed down by needless crap, and Pitt and Jolie crush it. Throw in Vince Vaughn in his comedic prime with a great musical score. Just a fun picture, over 2 hrs, but feels shorter.
The series is good too!

Top Bottom
1 2