What Movie Are You Watching?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rebel Moon (2023 Netflix)- Just finished this described as a Star Wars POC, knockoff. Ok, it started out reasonably, the first fight was decent, I love when the underdog, kicks the crap out of a room full of baddies, and I don’t mind tactical SLO-Mo. I recognized 7 Samurai, mistakenly became hopeful, but then it all went to hell as a muddled who-cares (?) farce. 🤔 Pray they don’t foot a Part 2.

IMG_3091.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Inception (2010)- I love this movie based on its creativity even though there is zero evidence as far as I know that there is any technological basis for the premise of the story, joint dreaming, extracting information from someone’s dream, much less planting an idea in someone’s head via a joint dream.

In addition, the story plays fast as loose regarding the mechanics of dreaming, such as how you or objects react in a dream based on physical events. My personal experience is that physics can be highly distorted in a dream. Regardless it makes me think about reality- my reality, and what we consider to be reality. Note, not an original idea: Dreamscape (1984).

Although my impression is that technology is approaching a point, where it can determine what a subject maybe thinking.

IMG_3097.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Knight and Day (2010)- One of Tom Cruise’s best movies. Possibly Cameron Diaz’s best movie, tongue’n cheek spy thriller, adventure. The beginning sequence on the plane might catch you by surprise.:)

IMG_3098.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Matrix (1999)- What an AI movie, and the concept of living in a virtual world. First watch, (if it’s possible you’ve not seen it before), you maybe a bit confused as to what you are seeing, until they take you down the rabbit hole and open your eyes. :) The first movie of the trilogy is the best, the second is acceptable, the third is the weakest, and the forth film a decade later, first impression was “Dissapointed!”, but I might watch it again.

IMG_3099.jpeg

Last edited:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Only because of good word of mouth did I watch Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Shockingly entertaining, good performances all around, particularly by Chris Pine and Hugh Grant. I liken it to Thor: Ragnarok in that it’s a high concept fantasy with well written comedy. They did a shit job marketing that film, I had zero interest in watching it but kept seeing good things.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Only because of good word of mouth did I watch Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Shockingly entertaining, good performances all around, particularly by Chris Pine and Hugh Grant. I liken it to Thor: Ragnarok in that it’s a high concept fantasy with well written comedy. They did a shit job marketing that film, I had zero interest in watching it but kept seeing good things.
I enjoyed it thoroughly. AAMOF, I’m ready for a sequel!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I know I’m late to the party, but just watched “Guardians of the Galaxy 3.” I enjoyed the killer soundtrack and the effort put into continuing the story.

We're still behind you.

Wife doesn't want to watch it based on the offspring's review - that it is basically watching Rocket get abused. Animal abuse bothers her even though she knows it's not real.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hellboy (2004)- No one can outdo Ron Perlman as Hellboy. I never read the Dark Horse comic, but this story, its visuals, and atmosphere is great…Nazi’s and the occult. Good creative practical effects and CGI, I don’t insist on agreement. :) However another case of an unenlightened audience 66% RT, the only vindication is the 2019 Hellboy was horrid and scored lower.

IMG_3101.jpeg

Before jumping to modern times, it starts in WWII, to introduce Hellboy, the Nazis build a dimensional portal off the coast of Scotland and intend to free the Ogdru Jahad to aid them in defeating the Allies and bringing on Armageddon.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seven Days In May (1964)- One of the quintessential Cold War films, a riveting story about an attempted coup of the US Federal Govt that takes place in the early 60’s during the negotiation of a nuclear disarmament treaty between the U.S. and U.S.S.R. Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglass, and a supurb all star cast. Directed by John Frankenheimer, who also directed another Cold War classic The Manchurian Candidate and another favorite WWII film The Train. He is known for a gripping hard edged style presentation.

IMG_3103.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Romancing the Stone (1984)- It’s hard to believe this fun adventure was released 40 years ago, with actors as I remember them in their prime, a flash back in time. 😄

IMG_3110.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The African Queen (1951)- This movie is mostly powered by the growing relationship between two characters, but I always enjoyed it even as a teen. Bogart and Hepburn have outstanding chemistry on screen. The setting is WWI Africa, ((Congo?), a River boat captain (a very meager river boat) and a missionairy’s sister escape the intruding Germans by taking a dangerous trip down the river, which includes a very questionable plan to sink a patrolling German ship on a lake.

IMG_3113.jpeg

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I know I’m late to the party, but just watched “Guardians of the Galaxy 3.” I enjoyed the killer soundtrack and the effort put into continuing the story.

So my daughter told my wife not to see it because my wife doesn't take animal abuse very well. Even in CGI (for example she won't watch the scene in the second Jurassic World when the dinosaurs are being burned by lava).

How much of Rocket's backstory would look like abuse?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
So my daughter told my wife not to see it because my wife doesn't take animal abuse very well. Even in CGI (for example she won't watch the scene in the second Jurassic World when the dinosaurs are being burned by lava).

How much of Rocket's backstory would look like abuse?
It's basically going into animal experimentation. It's not just Rocket, but other animals as well. If she doesn't like to see the dog cruelty commercials (please make them stop those), then she probably won't like what happens to Rocket and his pals.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It's basically going into animal experimentation. It's not just Rocket, but other animals as well. If she doesn't like to see the dog cruelty commercials (please make them stop those), then she probably won't like what happens to Rocket and his pals.

Hate those. :cry:

We have already taken in our share of cats over the years. Can't start with dogs.

Thanks!

Top Bottom
1 2