2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

Manchin/Willard? Biden is too old, so we should vote for a ticket with two old guys (both turn 77 in '24) on it? I mean, at least Kamala is not even 60 yet.
This is a pretty fair point, would've much rather seen a Desantis v Newsom matchup.

I almost forgot about this. Are they still investigating and/or trying and failing to impeach the president? Or was Mayorkas good enough of a consolation prize? This will set them back farther.

Separate issues. The House committee interview Bobulinkski yesterday or the day before. So it is still in the works.

By the time the investigation ends, they’ll say “We cleared Biden’s name, and that was clearly our intent all along.”

These people somehow come up with negative evidence. Fox News treated this testimony as gospel.

Manchin/Willard? Biden is too old, so we should vote for a ticket with two old guys (both turn 77 in '24) on it? I mean, at least Kamala is not even 60 yet.
They, Trump/Biden are both too old, but I’m not voting for Burn It Down, Lil’Donny, so who does that leave? At least Biden appears to be sane, competent and actually patriotic, although I’d like to see him lean on Israel a lot more. 🤔

how we all feel, on "both" sides

IMG_5211.jpeg

They, Trump/Biden are both too old, but I’m not voting for Burn It Down, Lil’Donny, so who does that leave? At least Biden appears to be sane, competent and actually patriotic, although I’d like to see him lean on Israel a lot more. 🤔

It leaves us with way too much risk that trump could win. In my mind that's unacceptable remembering how the 2016 election went and the awful four years that followed with the country greatly suffering as a result.

Biden had a chance to put the country first, graciously step aside, and work hard over 2024 to endorse a strong and energetic Dem candidate who could win and lead the country going forward. I'm really disappointed he didn't step up.

Biden had a chance to put the country first, graciously step aside, and work hard over 2024 to endorse a strong and energetic Dem candidate who could win and lead the country going forward. I'm really disappointed he didn't step up.

I think you may be blaming Biden a bit too much. Sure he wants to keep being President, but has the DNC, both at the national and state levels, put up roadblocks to other legitimate candidates from entering the race?

I think the answer is yes.

I get it from a political standpoint in that you never want to weaken the incumbent. But the incumbent in this case is not Reagan in '84, Clinton in '96, Bush in '04 or Obama in '12. He is really wanted by very few in the party, yet he has basically been coronated as the nominee.

The blame doesn't solely fall on Biden.

In my view it does. It's Biden's decision to make.

He could've stepped up and said something like: "I've had an amazing run in politics over the last fifty years, and am very proud of serving my country and of my accomplishments. But I now believe it's time for me to pass the torch to a younger generation. And I'll do everything in my power to help in any way I can, now, and in the future as an advisor, if needed."

There are at least a half dozen qualified people who could step in and run.

Every current legitimate poll I've looked at recently has trump ahead of Biden by 3-5 points. I don't know if that's within the margin of error, but for me, that's too damned close for comfort (even this far ahead of the election) and an unacceptable risk, considering the horrible adverse consequences the country will be facing should trump win in November.

I think you may be blaming Biden a bit too much. Sure he wants to keep being President, but has the DNC, both at the national and state levels, put up roadblocks to other legitimate candidates from entering the race?

I get it from a political standpoint in that you never want to weaken the incumbent. But the incumbent in this case is not Reagan in '84, Clinton in '96, Bush in '04 or Obama in '12. He is really wanted by very few in the party, yet he has basically been coronated as the nominee.

I don't know how many in the party don't want Biden as the nominee, especially the people who are in a position to make or influence decisions. However, I believe Biden is seeking a second term because he genuinely feels it's his destiny to finish what he started and end his political life - and maybe his actual life - saving the country from Trump. I also suspect that had Trump faded into the woodwork, Biden wouldn't have run again and that some in his inner circle, particularly Jill Biden, have encouraged him to remain in the ring.

As you say, it's tough to mount a primary campaign against an incumbent in Biden's position. The D politicians who could have potentially taken over if Biden stepped aside probably want to run in 2028 and fear they'd be ostracized for disloyalty if they made a push to replace Biden and displace Harris now. Also, it's not as if Biden hasn't had a successful first term. He's accomplished a tremendous amount despite having a clown car as the opposition and dealing with world events beyond his control, such as Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

It was also refreshing to read that Harris is taking a stronger role in the campaign. I realize she's often seen simply as the result of Biden fulfilling a promise to choose a Black woman as his running mate, but she doesn't get the credit she deserves.

Every current legitimate poll I've looked at recently has trump ahead of Biden by 3-5 points. I don't know if that's within the margin of error, but for me, that's too damned close for comfort (even this far ahead of the election) and an unacceptable risk, considering the horrible adverse consequences the country will be facing should trump win in November.

Then what I am about to post won't make you happy.

Biden won 2020 by 4.4%. Based on the way the EC works, it is estimated that a shift of 0.5% towards Trump would have secured him the election.

Also, I don't think that many people realize the more Trump gets dragged into the courts, the more rabid his supporters become. They will go vote. Biden on the other hand has been, well less inspiring to the voters. No one is itching to go vote for HIM. Vote against Trump, sure, but not FOR him. Not a good situation.

1708292539737.png

Then what I am about to post won't make you happy.

Biden won 2020 by 4.4%. Based on the way the EC works, it is estimated that a shift of 0.5% towards Trump would have secured him the election.

Also, I don't think that many people realize the more Trump gets dragged into the courts, the more rabid his supporters become. They will go vote. Biden on the other hand has been, well less inspiring to the voters. No one is itching to go vote for HIM. Vote against Trump, sure, but not FOR him. Not a good situation.

View attachment 28408

I tend to agree with what you wrote above.

That's why I believe it's up to Biden to graciously step aside, rather than having a popular Dem run against him in the primaries (which just won't happen). But that window of opportunity is very rapidly closing. Or is essentially closed now at this point. A real shame.

View attachment 28408

Well, the alternative is letting him get away with blatant questionable (let’s face it, criminal) behavior, and I promise you there are just as many, probably more, who want him dragged into court, and often, because the rest of us would already be in prison.

We tried to settle this in 2020 at the polls, which was rejected by republicans, so here we are again.

So your side is poised to nominate an indicted business fraud rapist, and my side is poised to nominate the incumbent whose big crime is being too old for many people’s liking.

I’m not of the opinion Biden has an obligation to step down. Democrats seem ok talking about it on social media, but there’s no widespread demonstrations for him to get out (nor should there be), and he’s crushing it in low-turnout primaries, meaning either democrats are bored to death of Biden with no enthusiasm, or they’re comfortable with him as president for another term. Or both. What it doesn’t show is any strong desire for someone else. Wishing is great, but there’s no action.

My personal prediction is Biden will have to do something catastrophic and horrible for American voters to return the reigns of power to a conman, indicted and likely convicted felon, who the general public already rejected twice. We’ve thoroughly rejected his major candidates for office many times over (Oz, Lake, Walker, Mastriano, etc) and his supporters are focusing on the percentage of vote he’s winning in the primaries and not the percentage he isn’t, which is quite high.

Focusing on Biden’s age will only further cause others to contrast him with Trump, who f*cks up just as much. If you want to ask why Biden’s handlers won’t let him do a Super Bowl interview, it’s only fair for me to ask why Trump’s handlers won’t let him debate Haley.

Also, I don't think that many people realize the more Trump gets dragged into the courts, the more rabid his supporters become.

His supporters can get cranked up as much as they want. Enthusiasm isn't what wins elections. He doesn't need the people who were already planning to vote for him to get more wound up. That's wasted energy. He needs people who weren't going to vote for him to hop on board. His base getting excited doesn't get that other group on board.

They will go vote.

The group you're referring to already would have gotten out and voted regardless. Voting harder won't win an election.

Biden on the other hand has been, well less inspiring to the voters. No one is itching to go vote for HIM. Vote against Trump, sure, but not FOR him. Not a good situation.

Of course very few are going to vote for him. I didn't think it was a mystery that many are voting against the other guy, not for Biden. Biden might not excite them, but keeping the other guy out certainly does. The last election proves that.

It leaves us with way too much risk that trump could win. In my mind that's unacceptable remembering how the 2016 election went and the awful four years that followed with the country greatly suffering as a result.

All I can say is basically anyone other than Trump or any of today’s Republicans will get my vote. Trump is incompetent, incarnate evil, or just mentally ill if you want to be kind, and the rest of the predominate Republican crew are anti-democracy, anti-American*, budding fascists, so who is left to vote for? 🤔

* I define anti-American as those who seek to undermine the Constitution and the values that the country was founded upon, even if they have not been realized.

Last edited:
All I can say is basically anyone other than Trump or any of today’s Republicans will get my vote. Trump is incompetent, incarnate evil, or just mentally ill if you want to be kind, and the rest of the predominate Republican crew are anti-democracy, anti-American*, budding fascists, so who is left to vote for? 🤔

* I define anti-American as those who seek to undermine the Constitution and the values that the country was founded upon, even if they have not been realized.
America seems to agree, some polls you won't see on Fox News but found on the front page of Google when typing in "Trump poll" and clicking on News.

America seems to agree, some polls you won't see on Fox News but found on the front page of Google when typing in "Trump poll" and clicking on News.

Yeah, but don't you want to know why the other side lists Trump as number one, Reagan second, Washington third, Lincoln 44, Joe Biden 45th and Obama 46th? Taken from a Trump University Poll with a 100% +/- margin of error. Biden managed to not be last thanks to his melanin.

Biden is already creeping up in generic polls of a rematch.

Back