2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

in reality, the heads of each Chamber of Congress have way too much power.

But, also do the heads of Citigroup and Exxon and GE and Aetna and FoMoCo and Google and ADM and, the list goes on, and on, and on, and. Enterprise is not the answer to goverment bloat, because it is itself profoundly top-heavy (and in large part relies on government to maintain its own leverage).

re KC winning the Super Bowl..

IMG_1083.jpeg

Mr. Biden is the same age as Harrison Ford, Paul McCartney and Martin Scorsese. He’s also a bit younger than Jane Fonda (86) and a lot younger than the Berkshire Hathaway C.E.O., Warren Buffett (93). All these individuals are considered to be at the top of their professions, and yet I would not be surprised if they are more forgetful and absent-minded than when they were younger. In other words, an individual’s age does not say anything definitive about the person’s cognitive status or where it will head in the near future. — Dr Charan Ranganath #quotes #quote #Biden #age #Leadership #Competence #Unity #uspolitics #politics

Trump was never fit, and is less so now. Biden may not be fit later down the road. Big f*****g difference.

I’m so tired of watching one guy get away with everything, and the other nothing. Trump literally gets a pass because he f***s up all the time and has no discipline. I’m tired of rehashing his list of grift, corruption, criminality and general sleaze. It’s like watching the unqualified, alcoholic and drug-addled boss’ kid (let’s call him Hunter to make it fair), take over the place and all your peers say he’s doing a great job as he tanks the budget, calls everyone names and flings his feces.

But the last guy forgot to set his vacation responder, so clearly the shit-smearer is more qualified. Plus, I like his “policies”. Build a wall, blindly impose tariffs, vilify non-whites, big bold ideas there! Real brilliant leader, that dolt,

It’s not even close, but we have to pretend it is.

The mainstream media, even the left, is so beholden to Trump it’s starting to make me queasy. This man is not to be taken seriously, the nine year act is tiresome at this point.

Mr. Biden is the same age as Harrison Ford, Paul McCartney and Martin Scorsese. He’s also a bit younger than Jane Fonda (86) and a lot younger than the Berkshire Hathaway C.E.O., Warren Buffett (93). All these individuals are considered to be at the top of their professions, and yet I would not be surprised if they are more forgetful and absent-minded than when they were younger. In other words, an individual’s age does not say anything definitive about the person’s cognitive status or where it will head in the near future. — Dr Charan Ranganath #quotes #quote #Biden #age #Leadership #Competence #Unity #uspolitics #politics

I don’t know what the percentage is but there’s no shortage of footage of Biden speaking engagements where I’ll just say he isn’t at the top of his game. But I still think 4 more years of Biden in a literal coma would be less damaging than 1 more day of Trump back in office.

The fact is we‘re in an extremely abusive relationship with our government and it doesn’t matter which end of the political spectrum you are on for that to be true. Even if the government isn’t doing anything bad directly against you, there’s still people in office telling you constantly it is or pointing out negative things you didn’t even consider before. The height of the abuse is the 2 candidates that we are being forced to choose between. Doesn’t matter if you feel either did a great job. They are nowhere near the top of what we should have as options as the supposed greatest country on earth. Everything points to our decline and that’s neither entirely Democrats or Republicans fault. It’s the fault of our completely captured and corrupted hyper capitalist system.

I kind of disagree; Americans had a big lineup of several different candidates across a spectrum of ideologies, and republicans chose Trump and democrats chose Biden, and it looks like we're doing it again.

We can talk about our capitalist society, the ruling class, money in politics, etc. But at the end of the day, until voters realize their collective and individual vote matters, it won't change.

I'm in the camp of the government is too f-ing big and needs a scalping. Secrets are surely a part of that.

Certainly not when carelessly releasing extremely sensitive classified information puts the security of the United States at great risk.

Was listening to a podcast of progressives in their 40’s and one of the hosts said “Who was that Apple guy, Tim Took? When he got cancer he went with alternative herbal medicine and died as a result”. The cohost agreed that was Tim Cook and they moved on. Anybody born before the year 2000, including them, knows they were talking about Steve Jobs.

Being on the left I realize that anecdotal story doesn’t completely excuse Biden’s brainfarts, but I’m going to briefly step to the right on this one and say that FULLY EXONERATES Biden’s behavior.

Probably. But in reality, the heads of each Chamber of Congress have way too much power. These two individuals, who are elected by a single district or state, not the country, should not have the power they have.

At the very least, if one chamber passes something, it must at least get a floor vote in the other on whether to take it up or not and not just because McConnell, Schumer, Johnson or Jeffries et al decide they don't want to.
Both of which agreed to the border bill, drafted by Republicans who brought Democrats onboard. But Trump didn't like it and that was that (even Fox News blasted them for it). Until they can get him out we won't even be close to a start.

Last edited:

This could be big.

I know many of you don't think a 3rd party candidate could win, but I want you to remember back to '92 when Perot ran. Keep in mind the hatred for either candidate (Bush 41, Clinton) was no where near where what we have today. Today it seems people hate the other candidate and don't really like theirs. In '92 Perot got almost 20% of the vote. And he was an outsider. In the case of Manchin & Romney, they are both established politicians, not outsiders or fringe candidates.

I think they could win.

This could be big.

I know many of you don't think a 3rd party candidate could win, but I want you to remember back to '92 when Perot ran. Keep in mind the hatred for either candidate (Bush 41, Clinton) was no where near where what we have today. Today it seems people hate the other candidate and don't really like theirs. In '92 Perot got almost 20% of the vote. And he was an outsider. In the case of Manchin & Romney, they are both established politicians, not outsiders or fringe candidates.

I think they could win.
This is the first I've heard of this but if I'm being honest I would fully support this ticket. Really prefer to have Romney as the lead here but will still take it. I like what Biden has done but honestly don't know if he has 4 more years left in him on any level.

This is the first I've heard of this but if I'm being honest I would fully support this ticket. Really prefer to have Romney as the lead here but will still take it. I like what Biden has done but honestly don't know if he has 4 more years left in him on any level.
Don't agree with Romney's Politics, but I do respect him. He was a better than average MA Gov. I wish that Manchin would just admit he is more R than D. Probably 52-48.

This could be big.

I think they could win.

The stakes are WAY too high for a spoiler third party in 24. Wait for 28. If Trump wins and even if he doesn’t dismantle democracy directly our trust and credibility will be completely destroyed both inside and outside the US. That means our Congress of cowards failed us, the legal system failed us, and the voters failed us. The man is a scorched earth career criminal who needs to be nowhere near the White House. It will just advance our decline by a decade or two.

As would I.

I don't want a spoiler. The Green Party candidate is a spoiler. These two could actually win.

I don’t trust the voters on that yet. But this all goes back to what I said that the President has way too much real or perceived power. It shouldn’t come down to one person out of 350 million having the absolute power over everything. Regardless of if Biden or Trump wins for some people it’s going to be the definitive end of country and world as we know it and that’s because we’ve been trained to believe that Congress collects a paycheck for largely doing nothing. They’ll just kick the van to the President. If the balance of power between the branches worked as intended then whoever is President would be little more than a temporary moral loss or win that really doesn’t affect your day.

This could be big.

I think they could win.

I can't think of two more universally well-liked young spirits, full of tenacity and on the upward trajectory of their careers.

You look at Biden and Trump, and I can't think of a better replacement than two old white guys.

Back