AP sources: US Rep. George Santos facing federal charges

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Next Republican on the list.

NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. Rep. George Santos, who faced outrage and mockery over a litany of fabrications about his heritage, education and professional pedigree, has been charged with federal criminal offenses, two people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

The charges against Santos, filed in the Eastern District of New York, remain under seal.

The people could not publicly discuss specific details of the case until it is unsealed and spoke to The AP on condition of anonymity. The unsealing would happen when Santos appears in court, which could come as soon as Wednesday.

Reached on Tuesday, Santos said, “This is news to me.”

“You’re the first to call me about this,” he said in a brief phone interview.

A spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office declined to comment. The charges were first reported by CNN.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
Apparently, he (whatever his name is) has already been indicted, but the charges are still under seal.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Apparently, he (whatever his name is) has already been indicted, but the charges are still under seal.
Yes. Buzz in the lawyer community is that he will make a court appearance tomorrow and the indictment will be unsealed.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Jeez, he stole unemployment benefits, stole CARES act money, stole campaign contributions….

That’s a lot of work.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting subtext from the indictment is that they say that he lied about the source of a bunch of money, but they don’t say where the money actually came from. I expect more indictments to come.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting subtext from the indictment is that they say that he lied about the source of a bunch of money, but they don’t say where the money actually came from. I expect more indictments to come.

That’s the nature of dark money. They know it’s there. They probably can figure out where it came from but the Supreme Court decided dark money providers are a protected class…a form of free speech…,yada, yada, yada. And I can sympathize with that decision. Without it they were about to lose their power any century now.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't care if there's an R, a D or something else beside his name. He should be removed from his job at this point. He should have been gone a while back in my opinion.
This. I would have the exact same things to say about him if he were a Democrat. The guy is corrupt from head to toe.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
ojli2ryt90za1.png

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Santos is being released on $500,000 bond. I hope he left custody with an unremovable tracking device, because I could see him perpetrating some other scam to escape. I wonder if McCarthy is contributing to Santos' legal defense fund. He already has declined to say Santos will be expelled.

Top Bottom
1 2