AP sources: US Rep. George Santos facing federal charges

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Kevin McCarthy is standing by him. These fuckers are like a bunch of crooked gangsters.

Republican Leaders Stand Behind Santos After His Indictment​

Speaker Kevin McCarthy has signaled that the New York congressman will be allowed to continue to serve even after being indicted on several federal charges.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Kevin McCarthy is standing by him. These fuckers are like a bunch of crooked gangsters.

Speaker Kevin McCarthy has signaled that the New York congressman will be allowed to continue to serve even after being indicted on several federal charges.
the man is a huge toady. he has the power of a ovecooked turnip.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

The party of law and order. Also today... Gov. Abbott of Texas plans on pardoning a convicted killer after receiving a 25 year sentence today

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

It seems like a bad move to me. Santos is so dirty I think McCarty will be pulled down with him rather than saving him from drowning. Unlike a certain golfer who used to occasionally vacation in DC, Santos isn't even well liked on the other side. He's admitted to some lies already. It seems like only a fool would take the word of a professed lier about which things were and were not lies.

I think the people who elected him were tricked and deceived. They should be allowed to pick someone else to represent them. If they pick a democrat, then yay. If they pick a republican, so be it. I wouldn't even care if they decided to keep Santos, the real Santos warts and all (assuming he doesn't end up in jail). But he should be removed at this time, regardless of politics. Both sides should be united on having high caliber colleagues. Who the hell says "I for one don't mind working with this lying scumbag, who's with me?" McCarthy, that's who.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
IIRC, before trump was indicted in NY, he was given an opportunity to testify before the grand jury. Apparently that's a custom (courtesy?) offered in NY state.

I'd be interested in knowing if that's also offered at the federal level, and if so, offered to Santos.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Turns out Republicans finally found a Trans felon.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 1.56.17 PM.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A GOP member has filed a resolution to remove Santos from Congress...

Great. The report was really detailed and in-depth (including crimes referred to the DoJ for prosecution). They say Santos cannot be trusted and were overwhelmed by the level and blatancy of the fraud.

Which makes you wonder why they have the perfect ability to investigate and determine proper punishment for this backbench goof, but all their discretion melts away when it comes to Individual 1.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Santos is being released on $500,000 bond. I hope he left custody with an unremovable tracking device, because I could see him perpetrating some other scam to escape. I wonder if McCarthy is contributing to Santos' legal defense fund. He already has declined to say Santos will be expelled.

I assume that $500,000 bond required a 10% upfront payment to the bondsman. I wonder if that $50,000 was scammed/tainted money? I guess that boils down to money being fungible, with lineage that can't be ascertained.

What's really sad, and I'd like to say shocking (it's not), is anybody with a tenth of a brain should have known from the beginning that Santos was/is a charlatan and thus not suitable for being a House member.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I see Santos is going to hold a press conference on Nov. 30 to say he's going to continue to fight. He'd be better off saving his energy for fighting his indictments. It's things like this (and Menendez holding on to his Senate seat) that contribute to the electorate's dismal opinion of Congress.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Once he’s out of prison he’ll become a regular guest on pundit panels on the network news circuit. On the left will be a person with “Democrat” under them. On the right you’ll have “Republican (or whatever they have morphed into at that point)” In the middle you’ll have Santos with “Pathological Liar” under him. A scary percentage of Americans will be going “I really like what that guy in the middle is saying”.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I see Santos is going to hold a press conference on Nov. 30 to say he's going to continue to fight. He'd be better off saving his energy for fighting his indictments. It's things like this (and Menendez holding on to his Senate seat) that contribute to the electorate's dismal opinion of Congress.

It’s smart if you have little shame. This is the world we live in. There’s more money to be gained by pulling the Trump card. He should just say “I’m being targeted by the Biden administration for perfect campaign expenditures. I didn’t spend any campaign funds on OnlyFans, but I would have the absolute right to do it if I did.”

The he can point to some obscure law that has nothing to do with anything as a defense. “I’m covered by the engine and tire theft prevention act of 1929.”

This is the Republican Party. In what world should Santos be expelled but Trump should be endorsed? These. Are. Not. Serious. People.

Once he’s out of prison he’ll become a regular guest on pundit panels on the network news circuit. On the left will be a person with “Democrat” under them. On the right you’ll have “Republican (or whatever they have morphed into at that point)” In the middle you’ll have Santos with “Pathological Liar” under him. A scary percentage of Americans will be going “I really like what that guy in the middle is saying”.

Kennedy is a somewhat viable third-party option. Supposedly everyone’s sick of Trump, Biden and/or their old age. So a (will be by 2025) 71 year old dude who’s biggest asset is his last name is the next best option? It makes no sense. We do not make good choices.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s smart if you have little shame. This is the world we live in. There’s more money to be gained by pulling the Trump card. He should just say “I’m being targeted by the Biden administration for perfect campaign expenditures. I didn’t spend any campaign funds on OnlyFans, but I would have the absolute right to do it if I did.”

The he can point to some obscure law that has nothing to do with anything as a defense. “I’m covered by the engine and tire theft prevention act of 1929.”

This is the Republican Party. In what world should Santos be expelled but Trump should be endorsed? These. Are. Not. Serious. People.

Kennedy is a somewhat viable third-party option. Supposedly everyone’s sick of Trump, Biden and/or their old age. So a (will be by 2025) 71 year old dude who’s biggest asset is his last name is the next best option? It makes no sense. We do not make good choices.

My comment was more meant that a certain segment of society likes liars and grifters if the presentation is done to their liking. Major party affiliation doesn’t really matter. MAGA is entirely its own thing that unfortunately for Republicans became a rapidly spreading cancer on their party. MAGA are the true RINOs that somehow successfully flipped that reality in people’s minds.

There is no equivalency on the left. Paraphrasing from the center right The Bulwark with some rounding errors, 10 Democrat members of Congress embraced some form of defund the police language. 125 Republican members of Congress voted not to certify the election. On extremes that’s nowhere near an equivalency.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
My comment was more meant that a certain segment of society likes liars and grifters if the presentation is done to their liking. Major party affiliation doesn’t really matter. MAGA is entirely its own thing that unfortunately for Republicans became a rapidly spreading cancer on their party. MAGA are the true RINOs that somehow successfully flipped that reality in people’s minds.

There is no equivalency on the left. Paraphrasing from the center right The Bulwark with some rounding errors, 10 Democrat members of Congress embraced some form of defund the police language. 125 Republican members of Congress voted not to certify the election. On extremes that’s nowhere near an equivalency.

I understood, I just went off on my own tangent.

You want to rise above your opponents and try to look at your own faults, but it’s hard to worry about those kind of nuances when a large faction of the opposition is either endorsing or ignoring the total authoritarian garbage that is literally erupting out of their party. The staunchly pro-Israel far-right are DEAD SILENT when it comes to Trump having a publicized lunch with Nick Fuentes and Kanye West, or has Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller in his administration.

I say all that to say it’s sad Santos could spin all this to his favor, but he absolutely can. I wouldn’t rule out a future run if he says the right terrible crap to the right terrible people. It’s sad but true.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
He's gone. The expulsion vote passed, not without the Speaker and Stefanik saying they wanted to save his ass.

*Nope, spoke too early - not quite yet, but he's likely gone.

**Ok, he's been expelled. I can't believe the Speaker wanted to keep him as a member, and that it took this long to get to this vote.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
He's gone. The expulsion vote passed, not without the Speaker and Stefanik saying they wanted to save his ass.

*Nope, spoke too early - not quite yet, but he's likely gone.

**Ok, he's been expelled. I can't believe the Speaker wanted to keep him as a member, and that it took this long to get to this vote.
Good. Now let him fight the indictments. Doesn't surprise me that Johnson voted to keep him given that he wrote the foreword for a book filled with conspiracy theories. He's no better than the rest of them, but just has a nicer veneer.

Top Bottom
1 2