AP sources: US Rep. George Santos facing federal charges

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Given how slender the QOP majority is, losing one member is a bad thing for them, and him.
They may not lose the seat permanently depending on how the special election goes. Given that Santos won last time, there's a good chance (unfortunately) that a reasonable Republican will get the seat.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They may not lose the seat permanently depending on how the special election goes. Given that Santos won last time, there's a good chance (unfortunately) that a reasonable Republican will get the seat.
Nah. That district is pretty blue. It was a fluke.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I am starting to like Fetterman more and more each day. Between using posters of Israeli hostages to wallpaper his office to what he said today, he looks to be a thorn in the D's side.

Today he said this:

“I think the more important picture is, is that we have a colleague in the Senate that actually does much more sinister and serious kinds of things," the Pennsylvania Democrat said.

"If you are going to expel Santos, how can you allow somebody like Menendez to remain in the Senate?” Fetterman added.

Honing in on Menendez’s recent criminal federal indictment on charges of bribery and acting as a secret agent of the Egyptian government, Fetterman said he believes the senator is “really a senator for Egypt. You know, not New Jersey.”

I know many on here have called for Menendez to resign, but Fetterman's point is why have the D's not booted Menendez?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I am starting to like Fetterman more and more each day. Between using posters of Israeli hostages to wallpaper his office to what he said today, he looks to be a thorn in the D's side.

Today he said this:

I know many on here have called for Menendez to resign, but Fetterman's point is why have the D's not booted Menendez?

Is there a method for removing a senator from office?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Maybe it's because Santos took buffoonery to new levels? Optics still matter - he was an embarrassing joke, trial or no trial.

I'd like to see Menendez go, but I'm OK with that happening after a trial.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Nah. That district is pretty blue. It was a fluke.

But regardless of what the Governor says, it has to be a special election held within 90 days.

This means it can’t be added to NY’s primary.

Republicans tend to turn out better for special elections.

So anything could happen.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Today he said this:

Agreed 100%, we have no place for either of these people and it's sad to see partisanship dictate it. Dems should have ousted him when it all came out, maybe they'll eventually do the right thing.

Additionally, we should recognize that this wasn't an easy decision for Republicans, especially with such a slim majority so I say we give credit where credit is due. This was a good move on their part.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Today he said this:

He hired Santos on Cameo to make a video for Menendez 😂

Top Bottom
1 2