Apple working on Magic Keyboard with MacOS built in

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I was hoping this was going to be about Apple bringing the touch strip of the MPB to their external keyboard. In the spirit of full disclosure I have never actually used it on the MBP because I don't have one with it, but as somebody who works with music and video production software I think it would be great to have quick access to graphic based shortcuts that you can program the layout and which ones.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was hoping this was going to be about Apple bringing the touch strip of the MPB to their external keyboard. In the spirit of full disclosure I have never actually used it on the MBP because I don't have one with it, but as somebody who works with music and video production software I think it would be great to have quick access to graphic based shortcuts that you can program the layout and which ones.
Thank god they will never do that. The touch strip makes the keyboard worse as an actual keyboard. It’s terrible, and I am super glad it is gone. If apple wants to bring it back, I would gladly pay more to not have it.

If you want similar functionality, but done well, you may want to look into something like the Stream Deck.

D

Deleted member 215

The only thing I became accustomed to doing on the Touch Bar was pressing Shut Down or Empty Trash. Even now I sometimes reach toward the top of the keyboard when shutting down my MBP before I’m like “oh, right, that’s gone”.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
A keyboard/processor/ssd unit could be big enough to have an F-row and a touchbar, perhaps put together in a more ergonomic way that makes the bar not s spurious-touch magnet. They would have a little more room to work with there, since it would not be meant to be portable in the manner of a notebook.

Top Bottom
1 2