Biden is out

Precedent is not on our side. Let's hope that the fact that the challenger is a convicted felon sex offender plays a role.
I think we can throw precedent out the window on this one. Whoever takes his place - and I hope it’s Harris - will be able to prosecute the case against Trump and Vance much more effectively than Biden could. The choice of a VP nominee will be critical too. Newsom is probably out because of the 12th Amendment, though it’s confusing. Whitmer would be an interesting choice and would at least guarantee a key swing state.

I see two ways to go. Harris/Buttigieg would probably activate the democrats to actually turn up at the polls. But something like Whitmer/Shapiro likely wins you two important swing states.
Or even Harris/Whitmer, at least shore up one of them. Trump made the same decision with Vance essentially.

Me too, but he has nothing to be ashamed about. He’s been one of the most effective presidents of my lifetime, more so than Obama, and he did it during a time of intense division and disarray - and open criminality among the other party who tried and failed to paint him as a criminal when their own guy is literally that.

I wish he hadn’t been forced out and been given a bit more grace, but just like the R’s say Trump was the candidate they needed at the time (🙄), I think it’s actually true of Biden.

No time for sulking, he did a damn good job and he’ll be effective in rallying support for Harris and whoever she runs with.
Agree. This clearly isn’t how he wants to end his political career, but it shows how much he cares about the country because he realizes this is the best way forward. His speech later this week will be important, and I’m confident he’ll rise to the occasion.

No matter what each Democrat feels about Biden’s decision, it’s time to get together and defeat those f’ers.

No matter what, if I’m Biden, I resign from office just before the end of the term and make sure, one way or another, we get a female president for at least a day.
she already got that when Biden had some medical thing.I remember trump he would not even give pence a day at president when he was knocked.

Or even Harris/Whitmer, at least shore up one of them. Trump made the same decision with Vance essentially.
Whitmer already said she's not interested , NYT
and two women?!

she already got that when Biden had some medical thing.I remember trump he would not even give pence a day at president when he was knocked.

technically she wasn’t president when biden was under anesthesia, though. She was just performing the duties of the president.

No matter what, if I’m Biden, I resign from office just before the end of the term and make sure, one way or another, we get a female president for at least a day.
I can’t see him doing that. It’d be viewed as a stunt, whether he did it after a Harris victory or loss.

Edited to clarify.

Last edited:

And make Trump change his hats. LOL

Just because Biden endorsed her doesn't mean she is the nominee. The convention will decide that. And while the DNC will do everything in their power to not have a contested convention, it is not out of the question.

I don’t see that happening (Biden stepping down just so Harris can be president). If Harris wins, then there’s no need. If she doesn’t, it would just be seen as a stunt before Trump assumes office. I get it, we’ve seen stunts before, but I think stepping down is enough.

As far as it not being Harris who is the nominee, I think that would further divide democrats rather than letting her assume the role and have a solid VP pick. It’s the natural order, but who knows I guess.

*Clintons have endorsed Harris…

Support is coming in fast and swift for Harris. That’s a good sign.
Sounds like the floodgates are about to open for donations, they can use it. It's hard to fathom Musk donating $45 million a month to Trump, they're going to be a force to keep up with.

60 Minutes producers, writers, editors, and correspondents must be working overtime right now to pivot to today's Biden news.

Obama's tribute:

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 2.04.53 PM.png

Back