Biden is out

Two women is better than two men, and we’ve done the two men thing many many times.
One advantage of a woman running as VP is that they'd potentially face Vance in a debate and would pulverize him on the abortion issue. But I don't think any debates have been scheduled yet.

Whitmer already said she's not interested , NYT
and two women?!
If Whitmer really isn’t interested, what other Democratic women could run? Jennifer Granholm, who was also Governor of Michigan and has been in Biden's cabinet for four years would have been good, but was born in Canada. Katie Hobbs?

As much as a female duo ticket would be fresh and certainly would make the overturning of Roe a clear campaign, a white male vp may be more effective at attracting centrists and undecided voters simply because it signals a moderate stance vs progressive. NB it gives me no pleasure suggesting that, but I think that’s the reality we currently live in.

One such name I heard was Mark Kelly, who may pull some tech bro votes and get free influencer advertising. He might even pull votes in states with launch facilities. And, being an astronaut, he should be much harder to attack. Of course, being an Arizonan, he would help secure a swing state, though other potential vp picks are also from swing states. I don’t know anything about his policy stances, but considering he was elected in Arizona, I’d think he’d be pretty moderate.

Is the GOP going to point out that Harris remembers all the names of politicians from other countries, and that means she is an AI construct? /s

The real question is, will the MSM now focus on Trumps repeated gaffs?

Just saw this on FB;

1721672552649.png

Is the GOP going to point out that Harris remembers all the names of politicians from other countries, and that means she is an AI construct? /s

No way, they couldn't care less anymore. IMO Democrats need to run a positive campaign, stay on message and leave the gutter politics to Trump. He can't help himself but I believe Kamala can and it could very well be her saving grace.

No way, they couldn't care less anymore. IMO Democrats need to run a positive campaign, stay on message and leave the gutter politics to Trump. He can't help himself but I believe Kamala can and it could very well be her saving grace.

It would seem her plan isn't to get into the gutter with him, just point out that he is in fact in the gutter. I like what I've seen from her so far and look forward to the battle.

I wonder if Joe announced he’s dropping out early enough for the DNC to get their deposit back for hologram Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra being the musical guests at the convention. 🤔

It would seem her plan isn't to get into the gutter with him, just point out that he is in fact in the gutter. I like what I've seen from her so far and look forward to the battle.

Agree. Let him act like a petulant toddler whose diaper needs to be changed.

Could be worth pointing out. Does it reach gutter level if it's indeed a fact? :)

No, because they haven’t been in years. It’s the most goddamn frustrating thing ever. It’s why I said I don’t even want to see a Harris/Trump debate unless someone has the guts to call him a lying joke of a dumbass to his face, then ask him a question your average ten-year-old can answer that he can’t.

He’s treated like a normal adult when he’s a mental eunich.

Not my take... ;)

For me, the advantage is the chance that if she chooses Major Pete as VP, he could repeat his EPIC takedown of Vance (on Bill Maher's show couple of days ago) for a larger audience !!

My choice would be Pete. I've yet to come across any person who is more intelligent, thoughtful, deep thinking, and quick. And still carries himself very modestly. That he served in the military is a huge plus. The only drawback is not being a governor of a swing state. I know that weighs heavily.

As an aside... shouldn't that be Lieutenant Pete, being a direct commission into the Navy?

Really? Haven't had that impression, but I haven't followed her closely.

But I think it's safe so say her word salads are no match for T's.
It was her takedown of Biden in the debates that won her the VP (back when he was sharp), he not only took it with grace, she was his pick as a result.

Mark Kelly is the name I heard today (and in a funny AI Trump video with Biden instead, trash-talking Trump 😅).

Not a bad choice, another guy from a swing state with a lot of years left to serve should he choose, accomplished and with a wife who’s story we all know.

There’s a lot of good options for VP, men and women of various ethnicity from different states.

Very relieved to see dems lining up behind Harris, I swear to god I would leave this party if they didn’t get their act together. The randos being interviewed are pissing me off, dems, independents and republicans alike. “Well, I’m still undecided…” Jesus Christ, how are you still undecided? You can’t be serious, this must be a game.

A few major unions have unanimously endorsed Harris already. And she’s already rising to the ovcasion.

And bless him, Biden was on the phone kicking ass, sounding way better than he did in the debate even with COVID voice and popping in on Harris when everyone thought he was off the line. It was a great first day to her campaign.

Joe Biden beat Trump - I still think he could have done it again, but I understand the dem concern. They don’t want the risk. What’s done is done, I feel way better today than I did just yesterday. And Biden will go down in history as having taken Trump down, selflessly stepping aside and setting up the future. His legacy is perfectly fine, and I think that debate will be put in proper perspective in due time. Trump didn’t win shit with his lying, Biden just didn’t rise to the occasion set by his own standards.

Also, I want dems to drag Nikki Haley through the political meat grinder for her ridiculous flip-flopping that makes Romney’s 2012 stint look like minor waffling. Harris should have tons of ads with Haley’s past words about women and the age of the candidates. Just for fun.

Back