• Boxed.com

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
What ? How are they making you do this? Did they take your cat hostage or something?
Haha, nope! I might've been a bit dramatic, but my point was that I couldn't say no to my supervisor.
Are you just astroturfing for this company?
No, I'm not astroturfing.
@JayAgostino you should have said in the first post of any of these that you've posted that you are doing market research for a corporate entity. This is something that should be disclosed to unsuspecting people.
They think that doing such a thing would deter users away from participating in the poll.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Haha, nope! I might've been a bit dramatic, but my point was that I couldn't say no to my supervisor.

No, I'm not astroturfing.

They think that doing such a thing would deter users away from participating in the poll.
They are probably not wrong, but I'm not keen on just giving away my personal habits on the internet without knowing why. I thought this was a discussion post, not a gather research post.

@Eric could we maybe have these threads closed or removed?

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
If the only way you can get someone to do something is to not tell them such a thing, can’t you see that it’s inherently unethical?
With all due respect, what do you want me to do about it? I'm not going to sacrifice any capital funding (nor my career) over this.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, what do you want me to do about it? I'm not going to sacrifice any capital funding (nor my career) over this.
I respond to polls about products I own or might be interested in purchasing from time-to-time. In some instances, the questions are about a product class, rather than a specific item. I'm fine with that, since I always know the reason for the exercise and how my data will be used. In this instance, none of us were aware until it came out over several posts, and even then, you didn't say exactly what you would provide to the company.

Do you really mean to tell us that Simon Ventures requires you to do this as a condition of employment or other compensation? If that's the case, which I would find astounding, I'd say you are associated with an unethical company.

I'd let them know what I think of their business practices, but that might jeopardize your relationship with your supervisor or the company as a whole.

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
Do you really mean to tell us that Simon Ventures requires you to do this as a condition of employment or other compensation? If that's the case, which I would find astounding, I'd say you are associated with an unethical company.
Yes, they do. There's not much I can do to back out of it.
I'd let them know what I think of their business practices, but that might jeopardize your relationship with your supervisor or the company as a whole.
Yeah, I'd prefer to not do that. I'm not going to put myself in danger.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's a company of a bunch of VCs. 🤮 I wouldn't expect anything ethical from those people

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yes, they do. There's not much I can do to back out of it.

Yeah, I'd prefer to not do that. I'm not going to put myself in danger.
You already advised us to complain to the company, but I won't do that because I don't want to make your life difficult. I just want you to understand why some of us are so up in arms about this. Please be aware that I will henceforth be suspicious of any post in which you ask for opinions about products or services, even if not presented as a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
1 2