Electric Vehicles: Tesla specific talk, current firmware, purchasing, modifications

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Model Ys outside the US are getting two new color options (saw some additional colors coming here as well, just not verified when/what)

Dark Cherry Red

1666701176591.png

Quicksilver

1666701214686.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This is pretty neat, this is part of the newest Tesla Gigapress (specifically for the upcoming Cybertruck):

1666824978455.png

Frames for vehicles are usually a number of components that are put onto a framing/alignment jig, using holes/tabs on the components and welded. Because of the slight deviations in components, the resulting frame can have notable inconsistency, meaning all the parts that bolt up to it: body, doors, etc., can be misaligned, suspensions can - for example - have enough deviation to cause long term alignment/tire wear issues.

So what this does is to basically press a single piece frame using 9000 ___tons___ of pressure. They're using this in some factories for the Model Y as well, and it's being used/implemented by other manufacturers as well.

Very cool.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And geez, 3 weeks later for x.40, though I got 40.4.1, so 3 revisions after the initial release (i.e., a few tweaks a buggy first release).

1668176832295.png

Improved charging efficiency, some new control in the status bar, radio icons, concurrent use of Sentry + Dog Mode, cabin overheat selectable temps, all sort of really slick improvements.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
Is that actually an option? I know there were talks of it being a thing but that was like two years ago.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is that actually an option? I know there were talks of it being a thing but that was like two years ago.
I just downloaded a software update and at least for my ancient car it’s not an option (though i have Tidal, spotify, tunein, etc.).

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
I just downloaded a software update and at least for my ancient car it’s not an option (though i have Tidal, spotify, tunein, etc.).
Yeah I won't know of these new fruits until FSDb is updated to have them (still on 2022.20 branch).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's apparently on deck, that's from a dev system, and some people found some icons/graphic assets. I mean, with Tesla, it might be announced, and never released, but this is more tangible evidence than previous hearsay.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Between this and Tesla finally opening up the Tesla plug, I think Musk‘s being occupied running a bird company has been a good thing for Tesla. ;)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Between this and Tesla finally opening up the Tesla plug, I think Musk‘s being occupied running a bird company has been a good thing for Tesla. ;)

I know, I hope that rumor about the former CEO of VW, Herbert Diess, taking over as the Tesla CEO is true.

The core offerings, powertrain, charging, and a lot of the tech is stellar, get Musk's nutty shit out of the equation, I might buy another one :ROFLMAO:

(I kind of want a Plaid ...)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So no one has any commentary on last nights Semi event?
Right now it's safe to say most people around here are having a hard time with the owner of the company. Lots of talk about Tesla over at TMC though.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
Right now it's safe to say most people around here are having a hard time with the owner of the company. Lots of talk about Tesla over at TMC though.

That is fair, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised with that response from the audience here. 500 miles, fully loaded is a big deal for electrification of trucking. I guess folks here will be happy when it is Mercedes (or Volvo) doing it (assuming they don't have a 500 mile electric Semi truck in the wings).