Power User
Reaction score
What is your all-time favorite food?

For me, pizza, I would eat it every day if I could

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
When I was you young, on a trip to Hershey, PA, I stumbled across the Hershey Bakery that had giant chocolate eclairs. I was in love and that was back in the day when I could get away with eating a whole one, those where the days as a runner, where I consume at will! :D Then later having grown up in the DC/Maryland suburbs, my Mom had discovered Walls Bakery, in Waldorf, Md which also had giant chocolate eclairs. So when we went to visit here, we’d make the 18 mile one way drive to get eclairs. When living in Minnesota I substituted with chocolate Bismarks, and in Houston, what are called Bavarians, glazed filled pastries, custard filled, minus the chocolate top.

Of extreme importance was the filling, it has to be a vanilla custard or pudding, not whipped cream. 😛

EFDB85B6-DE1C-4EBB-96E8-7D8112C9DA31.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
we have a french bakery that makes them not huge but they have fantastic chocolate pudding inside.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since I cant eat any carbs anymore and most things I gave up on favorite foods. but a few thigns I can enjoy carefully. a small almond flour pancake with a tiny bit of maple syrup or one of justins nut butter cups.

Spike

Writer, photographer
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
My favorite cuisine is Italian and my most favorite dish is Spaghetti con Ricci di Mare, spaghetti with sea urchin. I've only had it in Sicily, where I have eaten it every time it's been on the menu, but it is also made in Puglia, which I have visited but never seen it. It can be made with just three ingredients and tastes like the soul of the ocean.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My favorite cuisine is Italian and my most favorite dish is Spaghetti con Ricci di Mare, spaghetti with sea urchin. I've only had it in Sicily, where I have eaten it every time it's been on the menu, but it is also made in Puglia, which I have visited but never seen it. It can be made with just three ingredients and tastes like the soul of the ocean.

Now, that is a pasta dish I have never heard of, but it sounds delicious.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
French fries

Holy hell yes. It's not haute cuisine, it's more or less just fried potatoes, but definitely one of the foods of the gods. They work anytime of the day, they're great plain, or with sauces, dressings, dips, cheese, chilli, you can put them on salads and sandwiches, they can be thin, thick, crinkled, waffled. Such a gloriously simple pleasure :D

When I was you young, on a trip to Hershey, PA, I stumbled across the Hershey Bakery that had giant chocolate eclairs.

We are headed to Hershey in a few weeks, flying to the ILs, then driving from their house (we're taking their second car), staying at the Lodge, hitting up the big amusement park (looks to have some killer coasters), chocolate world, maybe we'll stumble on some giant chocolate eclairs :D And definitely some french fries :D

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Probably fajita's.

But not from some chain place. It has to be from a hole in the wall, bring your own beer dive where grandma is in the back hand patting the torts and the salsa is made fresh that morning.

:)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is sea urchin reminiscent of any other seafood like kalamari?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Holy hell yes. It's not haute cuisine, it's more or less just fried potatoes, but definitely one of the foods of the gods. They work anytime of the day, they're great plain, or with sauces, dressings, dips, cheese, chilli, you can put them on salads and sandwiches, they can be thin, thick, crinkled, waffled. Such a gloriously simple pleasure :D

We are headed to Hershey in a few weeks, flying to the ILs, then driving from their house (we're taking their second car), staying at the Lodge, hitting up the big amusement park (looks to have some killer coasters), chocolate world, maybe we'll stumble on some giant chocolate eclairs :D And definitely some french fries :D
I can’t remember if the Hershey bakery was in the vicinity of the amusement park and no clue if it’s still open.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
"Favourite Food" (of mine) includes most Asian cuisines, many Italian and Mediterranean dishes, much classic French cuisine, and the food of the Balkans and Black Sea regions.

Some Swedish meals appeal, also.

Top Bottom
1 2