Favorite Food

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm basic. I like tacos. I want to eat them nonstop.

Not kidding just now:

"Do you want to go with us to Lowes? We can wait till later, and then maybe swing by Cantina Louie."

"For tacos? Yes, yes I do!"

Here we go ...

1657559143867.png

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
"Favourite Food" (of mine) includes most Asian cuisines, many Italian and Mediterranean dishes, much classic French cuisine, and the food of the Balkans and Black Sea regions.

Some Swedish meals appeal, also.
I love Asain dumplings, usually pork, and love that they are available daily with dipping sauce at the local grocery stores.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well, apparently, not, hahaha, the weather is totally craptacular, I had some work to finish (for an OOB delivery tomorrow), having stuffed peppers (at home) instead :D

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another disappointment in fast food… I used to love Sonic’s Malts, now they no longer sell malts, and yesterday they had a 2 for 1 coupon on Milk Shakes and my chocolate shake did nothing for me, did not even finish it. :oops:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Egg nog is a winter holiday favorite. The nearest grocery to me has had a hard time of it keeping egg nog on the shelves. Getting tired of waiting, I purchased a bottle of cinnamon egg nog… it tastes like French toast batter, which is not necessarily bad, but it’s not the flavor I want. They also have vanilla, and pumpkin spice eggnog, which I won’t take a chance on. 🥶 <- teens arrive here tonight, covering plants today.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess chocolate. all the foods I love I can no longer eat so I pretty much lost my favorite foods thing.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Steak used to be one of my favorites, so I’ll put this here: :)
We have not been eating much red meat in the last few years, the wife requested steak, the other day, and I was shocked at the price for cuts of beef such as ribeye, sirloin, , and t-bone. I known that red meat eaten at the rate Americans eat red meat is not healthy for them or arguably the planet. I’ve decided that red meat is off the platter at least for myself. Price wise I was looking at 2 steaks for $20-$40 total, while I can buy delicious rib-eye pork chops for 2 (4 chops) for a total of $7. At the prices I’m seeing, for average people, I would not be surprised if the cattle industry does not struggle… :unsure:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Steak used to be one of my favorites, so I’ll put this here: :)
Price wise I was looking at 2 steaks for $20-$40 total, :unsure:

Still is mine, but like you I realize it isn't as healthy as other meats. So I eat a lot of chicken. When I was out and about every day, I ate wings 2-3 times a week for lunch.

That price seems a bit high, but you are in a city. We did stop in Amarillo our last trip out west and ate at The Big Texan. I did not attempt the 72oz sirloin. I was full on the 8. But my favorite steak is from Ruth's Chris. You just can't beat it. Not at Morton's, Smith & Wolensky's, Ditka's (actually this sucked) or any of the other premium chains. Looking forward to trying both Dominick's and Steak 44 in Scottsdale.

We go to a local butcher and buy whole tenderloins and cut them into filet's ourselves. That makes them cheaper than buying them separately. We are going to have to find a new butcher in AZ although there is a Whole Foods about 20 minutes away and they have great meat even if it is overpriced.

Top Bottom
1 2