FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
“These are dark times for our Nation, as my beautiful home, Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents,” Mr. Trump said in the statement. “Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before,” Mr. Trump said.

LOL

Seen by a friend on the net

From “Unvirtuous Abbey”, a Facebook page:

“Lord, whose day will come like a thief in the night, that you may enter our hearts like a surprise FBI raid on a home in Florida, we pray. #MarAlago”

lizkat

Reaction score
The FBI would have hauled Individual-ONE in but they are waiting on TSMC to get down to a process node in which they can make handcuffs that will stay on him.

Honestly if Trump doesn't finally go down for something we should just strike "rule of law" from American usage. I wouldn't care if it's a littering charge. Throwing ketchup on a wall in the White House must be at least a misdemeanor.

This guy was a President of the USA, required by his oath upon inauguration to enforce our laws, and I've never seen anyone else in that highest level of elective office in the USA so frankly and frequently contemptuous of the body of law enabled by our constitution, the congress and courts. He strutted on the stage of his presidency with a big F U to anyone and anything he perceived as standing in the way of his getting whatever he wanted when he wanted it. He's a blot on the ledger of our history like no other President has been, and we've had some clunkers in the list for sure.

lizkat

Reaction score
and all of this on the anniversary on Nixon announcing his resignation from the Presidency.

Hah, I plastered the walls of my apartment's bathroom with front pages of the NY Post all that summer.

That one was the last in the series on the redoubtable Mr. Nixon.

In retrospect now he could pass for a deacon in the average mainline church.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And of course republicans are accusing democrats of a political judicial attack. Funny they were fine with it when trump did it.

Last edited:

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that while the committee has been focusing on Jan 6th, the DOJ has been focusing on possible criminal handling of government material.

This feels to me a little like getting Al Capone for tax evasion. This is something simple, concrete, and easy to describe to potential jury. Did he improperly handle government material and records, or not? It’s not about trying to pin his lackey’s behaviors to him, it’s not about if a call represented quid pro quo. It’s a simpler question with a more clear yes/no answer.

One that some people seem to claim may prevent him from being able to hold public office again if convicted.

If accurate, I could totally see this as a smart play by the DOJ.

lizkat

Reaction score
What I find interesting is that while the committee has been focusing on Jan 6th, the DOJ has been focusing on possible criminal handling of government material.

This feels to me a little like getting Al Capone for tax evasion. This is something simple, concrete, and easy to describe to potential jury. Did he improperly handle government material and records, or not? It’s not about trying to pin his lackey’s behaviors to him, it’s not about if a call represented quid pro quo. It’s a simpler question with a more clear yes/no answer.

One that some people seem to claim may prevent him from being able to hold public office again if convicted.

If accurate, I could totally see this as a smart play by the DOJ.

Yeah it's about a provision in 18 USC 2071

concealment 18 usc 2071.jpg

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I will say I am a little concerned about this. The FBI better be sure whatever it is they were looking for was in Mar-a-Lago and successfully retrieved. Otherwise it will added to his list of Russiagate, the dossier, etc and frankly already has been touted as such. Which will only empower and embolden him and his supporters further.

Is Trump stupid enough to hold illegally obtained documents in his home… very possibly. He being someone who owns properties all over the world you’d think he’d want them as hidden as possible.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I will say I am a little concerned about this. The FBI better be sure whatever it is they were looking for was in Mar-a-Lago and successfully retrieved. Otherwise it will added to his list of Russiagate, the dossier, etc and frankly already has been touted as such. Which will only empower and embolden him and his supporters further.
I don't see how it won't be viewed as political, even when he has his own appointees involved, I'm betting they're being really careful and legal about every step though and in the end we'll be seeing unbiased fact based evidence.

Is Trump stupid enough to hold illegally obtained documents in his home… very possibly. He being someone who owns properties all over the world you’d think he’d want them as hidden as possible.
In his mind he sees all of the illegal actions he's taken as justified, he's a sociopath and I have no doubt he not only had them, but bragged about it to his inner circle leading to the feds probably knowing exactly where to find them.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Which will only empower and embolden him and his supporters further.

At this point, we see members of the GOP already looking to escalate. McCarthy and some far out there types in Florida in particular. There’s going to be blowback no matter what. These are unprecedented times.

Honestly it’s dammed if you do, damned if you don’t if their base keeps supporting them. Pursue an investigation of wrongdoing, you embolden them. Don’t pursue it, and you embolden them. And that’s the point: make it an impossible choice. At some point you have to just do what the law requires and let the historians sort it out later. At least if you want any hope of maintaining your system of government.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
At this point, we see members of the GOP already looking to escalate. McCarthy and some far out there types in Florida in particular. There’s going to be blowback no matter what. These are unprecedented times.

Honestly it’s dammed if you do, damned if you don’t if their base keeps supporting them. Pursue an investigation of wrongdoing, you embolden them. Don’t pursue it, and you embolden them. And that’s the point: make it an impossible choice. At some point you have to just do what the law requires and let the historians sort it out later. At least if you want any hope of maintaining your system of government.
Right, there's not much that can be done to avoid that other than being careful to make sure every action is legal and above board within the investigation. Other than that what are they supposed to do, let the party of "law and order" scream about giving Trump a free pass? It's ridiculous. If they have something legitimate on him they should act accordingly, like they would any other US citizen.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What?!! He’s proving the libs were right… and we didn’t have to wait long for details.

I guess I never though of Mar—Lago being a spy haven, but it makes sense. He had people from all over with no discretion if they’re paying “guests”.

He’s going to prison or will be barred from holding elected office. Or both.

The result was an extraordinary dynamic: A former American president took these secret materials to an unsecured venue known as a haven for spies.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What?!! He’s proving the libs were right… and we didn’t have to wait long for details.

He’s going to prison or will be barred from holding elected office. Or both.

The result was an extraordinary dynamic: A former American president took these secret materials to an unsecured venue known as a haven for spies.

Sounds like even a convicted felon is still eligible to run so short of him being in jail there won't be anything stopping him. Seems unlikely he would win again but as we've seen he can inflict serious damage if he wants to.

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
This is going to be incredibly dumb if this is what prevents him from running. As president he could have declassified anything he wanted, but failed to do so.

This also reeks of Al Capone tax charges. Meaning, there’s a lot more things that could and should have been charged with (years before even thinking of running for office), but if documents are what does him in…

Also, on the flip side, his base is going to be extremely riled up if this new situation has legs. This could backfire spectacularly…

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is going to be incredibly dumb if this is what prevents him from running. As president he could have declassified anything he wanted, but failed to do so.

This also reeks of Al Capone tax charges. Meaning, there’s a lot more things that could and should have been charged with (years before even thinking of running for office), but if documents are what does him in…

Also, on the flip side, his base is going to be extremely riled up if this new situation has legs. This could backfire spectacularly…
So what should they do if he broke the law then?

Top Bottom
1 2