Florida residents flee state as insurance premiums skyrocket up to 900%

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Ironic, the state with the most deniers ends up being the hardest hit.

The skyrocketing cost of insurance premiums in Florida is leading residents to drop their insurance, consider selling their home, and even move out of the state, according to recent reports.

For years now, the sunny, vibrant state has been a magnetic destination for many Americans—a phenomenon which has been driving up demand for housing, especially during the pandemic, as well as home prices.

But while Florida was the number one state in the country that people moved to in 2022, it was also the one with the highest number of residents wanting to relocate, according to a SelfStorage.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, an estimated 275,666 people left Florida in 2022—nearly 23,000 people every month. Most, according to the bureau, relocated to places like Georgia (46,884), North Carolina (42,301), Tennessee (36,200), South Carolina (31,456) and Texas (29,975).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know a wealthy MAGA Republican who moved from CA to FL. He moved back to CA in less than a year due to the humidity and insects. Not saying CA does everything right, far from it, but there's a reason other places have a lower cost of living that has nothing to do with taxes.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I know a wealthy MAGA Republican who moved from CA to FL. He moved back to CA in less than a year due to the humidity and insects. Not saying CA does everything right, far from it, but there's a reason other places have a lower cost of living that has nothing to do with taxes.
Totally, anyone who has been to one of these red states where they brag about not having taxes or regulations know what total shitholes they can be. I'm happy to pay for a decent place to live and the weather here is hard to beat.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
A friend moved to Florida a couple or three years ago to be near her daughter and granddaughters..... I suspect the now she is really regretting that move and also hoping to get her daughter and granddaughters to agree that, yes, now it is time for everybody to move to another state in order for the kids to get decent educations, as (IMHO) even though they are in a so-called "magnet" school in their local school district, I suspect they certainly are not getting that (a genuinely multifaceted education) now in the Florida Public Schools systems..... One hugely glaring example is that public school libraries in Florida are being decimated, destroyed....

Top Bottom
1 2