Found someones airpods but cant get find my to work.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Man this year someones phone now airpods. nothing happened when I opened them I guess they were not reported lost? so I connected to them then they popped up with someones name. then went to find my and tried identify lost item. you can chose one airpod of course you dont not what one, tells you to press on the shaft with two fingers. but after minutes I get cant connect to the server and get this.
Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 10.22.56 AM.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well at home I was able to connect but it only shows the persons last 4 phone number digits. so unless they leave message I cant contact them.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
well at home I was able to connect but it only shows the persons last 4 phone number digits. so unless they leave message I cant contact them.
Odd. There’s no contact owner option? I get that Apple doesn’t give you their personal number, but it seems like the find my service should send a message to them on your behalf. What’s the point of giving you the last 4 digits? Anyway thanks for your persistence in trying to help. Hopefully you get it back to them.

Last edited:

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
I'd call Apple. Give them the valuable feedback that they botched FindMy for lost AirPods and hopefully provide a vehicle to contact the owner, so you can reunite them. :)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Odd. There’s no contact owner option? I get that Apple doesn’t give you their personal number, but it seems like the find my service should send a message to them on your behalf. What’s the point of giving you the last 4 digits? Anyway thanks for your persistence in trying to help. Hopefully you get it back to them.
I dont think they set them as lost either. this is where they could add a message.j
IMG_2723.jpg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well never reported lost. I tried connecting them to my phone and man you get the connection popup every 10 seconds or so so apple made it a real pain if someone takes them. so I left them on the sidewalk close to where I found them. I did notice even though the case was fully charged the buds were almost dead or where dead. when I had them hooked to my phone they then started charging and that state would show on my phone too.

Top Bottom
1 2