- Reaction score
Mac (10:05 AM)
15” Macbook Air
- Has magsafe port.
- 11.5 mm thick
- 3.3 lbs
- 2 thunderbolt ports
- headphone jack
- 4 colors
- 15.3’ screen with 5mm bezels
- 500 nits
- 1080p camera
- 3 mic array
- 6 speakers
- 18 hour battery life
- 24GB mem/2TB storage max
- $1299 starting/$1199 education
- available next week
- M2 Max (up to 25% faster than M1 Max, 50% faster rendering)
- M2 Ultra (2 M2 Max die). 24 cores. 76 core GPU. 32 core neural engine. 192 GB unified memory max.
- ”higher bandwidth HDMI” (240Hz, 8k)
- M2 Ultra
- Similar case to Intel Mac Pro
- Performance of 7 afterburner cards
- 8 thunderbolt ports (6 back, 2 top)
- PCI expansion - 6 slots Gen IV
- Audio, video I/o, networking and storage
- Tower and rackmount
- $6999 starting price
IOS 17 (10:19 AM)
- Personalized contact posters (when you call someone, you can decide what pops up on their screen)
- Also shows up in contact cards
- Works like customizing your lock screen
- voicemail when deciding to answer call when busy
- leave messages when facetime not answered
- Search filters
- ”catch up“ button jumps to first unread message
- swipe to reply on any bubble
- voice messages trasncribed
- inline locations tracking
- checkin (let’s people know if you don’t arrive where you are going)
- iMessage apps now hidden behind “+” button.
- Stickers now all combined into new interface
- lift subject from photos - can now be used as stickers
- Live Photos can be turned into animated stickers
- sticker effects
- add stickers from tap-back menu
- can access stickers anywhere you can access emoji or markup
- “NameDrop” - bring phones close together to exchange contact information. Works with Apple Watch too.
- Bring phones close together to share photos. Works even if you leave airdrop range.
- Kick off SharePlay by bringing phones close together.
- Autocorrect - new language model. Sentence level autocorrections improved. Tap corrected word allows you to quickly revert to what you typed.
- Predictive text - predictions now in-line (hit space to accept).
- Dictation - new speech recognition model.
- provides suggestions about what to write about
- Suggestions api
- Glanceable information from a distance - nightstand mode for phone.
- Personalize - different clock styles
- Widgets (clock, calendar, home controls, etc.) - smart stacks, like on Home Screen.
- Supports live activities
- Adapts to low light (turns red)
- ”siri” instead of “hey siri”
- Stack multiple siri commands
- offline maps
- pets albums in phonts
- find my item sharing
IPadOS 17 (10:36)
- Interactive widgets
- Lock Screen can be personalized like iphone
- Widgets can go on side of Lock Screen.
- live activities on Lock Screen
- multiple timers!
- Now on ipad
- healthkit now available
- Find fields in pdf
- saved signatures
- special support in Notes.app
- share annotations in real time
- stagemanager - more size/position granularity
- Freeform - new drawing tools, shape recognition, follow-along (Track as they move)
- use external camera on monitor
MacOS Sonoma (10:44 AM)
- Like Apple TV
- Widgets now available on desktop.
- Fade into background when app is active.
- Change tinting based on background.
- widget gallery
- Using “continuity,” can access iPhone widgets on mac. No need to install on mac.
- widgets are now interactive
- Game mode - prioritizes game over background apps, reducing input latency
- Game porting toolkit
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut
- Presenter overlay - includes you on top of the content you are sharing, in a moveable bubble or in front (like a news anchor)
- reactions video effects (adds augmented reality stuff like balloons and fireworks). Works with any videoconferencing app.
- Private browsing locks browser window when not used
- block trackers from loading
- removes url trackers
- share passwords and passkeys securely (“family passwords”) - end to end encrypted
- “Profiles” - separate browsing based on topics (extensions, tab groups, favorites, etc.)
- web apps - “add to dock.” Create web app for any website.
Audio and Home (10:58 AM)
- Adaptive audio - combines listening modes into one. Dynamically blends transparency and active noise cancellation based on surroundings.
- airpods pro - just start speaking and “conversational awareness” will automatically reduce volume and focus on speech
- improving automatic switching mode (between devices)
- Learns airplay preferences - automatically suggests devices to airplay to
- ask siri to start an airplay session on homepad
- ”AirPlay in Hotels” - pair by scanning QR code on hotel TV’s.
- Shareplay from any passenger’s iphone To control audio
- Control center redesigned
- use iphone to find siri remote
WatchOS 10 (11:06)
- Turn Digital Crown from watch face to see Smart Stack of widgets.
- redesigned apps
- dynamic background colors in world clock
- Tappable corner icons in activity app
- Rotate crown in activity app to show other information
- palette watch face
- snoopy/Woodstock animated face
- cycling - support for speed, cadence, power sensors.
- Cycling - workouts show up automatically as live activity on iphone.
- Hiking - compass and maps updates. Compass automatically generates two waypoints: last place you had cellular reception, and where you can make an emergency call. Elevation view using altimeter data.
- Hiking - topographic maps
- Trail information
- New Workout APIs.
- mental health - log in “mindfulness app”
- vision health
- keep track of time outside in daylight using ambient light sensor
- screen distance - measures if device is too close
”One more thing…”
- ”you look through, and not at”
- use eyes, hands and voice to control
- use apps anywhere, any size you want
- ”Spatial computing”
- Fully 3D interface
- home view appears in front of you
- Apps centered around you
- ”environments” - extend and transform your space
- tap fingers together to select, flick to scroll
- people can see your eyes when someone is nearby (“EyeSight”)
- Shows people if you are immersed in apps
- virtual keyboard
- works with bluetooth accessories like keyboards and trackpads
- bring mac into vision pro just by looking at it. Creates 4k virtual display.
- Tethered to battery
- shows photos in 3d (not clear if they have to be taken with the vision pro)
- capture spatial photos and videos
- transform any space into spatial cinema
- watch 3D movies
- Disney: Disney+ app, Disney environments, etc.
- Zeiss magnetic prescription lenses
- Micro-OLED apple silicon backplane 7.5 micron pixels (23 million pixels).
- Custom 3-element lens
- new spatial audio system. Your brain thinks sounds are coming from audience. Matches sound to room, using audio ray tracing.
- LIDAR, eye tracking
- Apple Silicon - M2 chip plus R1 chip
- R1 chip - handles real-time sensor processing (12 cameras, 5 sensors, 6 microphones). 12ms lag.
- Enroll your face using front sensors, and it creates a model of you to use in facetime. You appear 3D if other people are wearing vision pros.
- Uses VisionOS. Contains real-time subsystem.
- Working with Unity
- compatible with iOS/iPad apps
- Dedicated app store