Hamas has launched a major attack on Israel

Genocide definition from American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language.: "The systematic killing of substantial numbers of people on the basis of ethnicity, religion, political opinion, social status, or other particularity." That's what Hamas did, but of course Tlaib won't apply the term to them. Also by randomly targeting Israelis, including children, we also have "collective punishment" but of course that term also won't be applied to them.

IDF denials, despite US corroboration and the evidence put forward, are used as evidence that it actually happened because previous IDF denials were debunked.

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 10.43.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 10.48.12 AM.png

If I give the IDF the benefit of the doubt, their initial debunked video analysis was the result of the fog of war and not having clear information, hastily putting out incorrect information in an attempt to quell the reaction that did occur. If they did fabricate the phone call, that was clearly out of desperation to minimize further international tensions- but is absolutely not how they should be operating. That said, it seems a little ridiculous with all the technology around deepfakes and Israeli’s extensive espionage assets they couldn’t produce a conversation with Gazan dialects. Regardless of all the noise, the very clear evidence is 1. Hamas made it sound like the hospital was leveled- which is far from the truth and 2. The damage is clearly not consistent with a 500lb+ bomb.

If you remember the maternity hospital in Ukraine that was bomb, the massive 10ft+ deep hole in the courtyard was caused by a 2000lb bomb. A 500lb bomb would have obliterated the parking lot. The most logical explanation of the visible damage is a small warhead combined with a bunch of rocket fuel… keep in mind rockets typically have a lot more fuel than they do payload.

As for the 500+ deaths, I think that is likely highly inflated but I don’t discount the possibility that people may have been sheltering in the hospital parking lot as it was seen as a safe zone. That said, I don’t see a lot of evidence that hundreds of people had been living in the parking lot. I’d expect to see remnants of shelters, supplies, cooking tools. Plus, Hamas immediately released a massive death toll- something that typically takes time to assess.

While the other Arab nations will not publicly recognize the evidence at hand pointing towards an Islamic Jihad, I would hope behind the scenes they are more l reasonable. These countries will never blame skip the opportunity to Israel as Israel serves as a foil that can be used to Gardner political power. But that doesn’t mean behind the scenes they aren’t more cooperative than their facade suggests.

If I give the IDF the benefit of the doubt, their initial debunked video analysis was the result of the fog of war and not having clear information, hastily putting out incorrect information in an attempt to quell the reaction that did occur. If they did fabricate the phone call, that was clearly out of desperation to minimize further international tensions- but is absolutely not how they should be operating. That said, it seems a little ridiculous with all the technology around deepfakes and Israeli’s extensive espionage assets they couldn’t produce a conversation with Gazan dialects. Regardless of all the noise, the very clear evidence is 1. Hamas made it sound like the hospital was leveled- which is far from the truth and 2. The damage is clearly not consistent with a 500lb+ bomb.

If you remember the maternity hospital in Ukraine that was bomb, the massive 10ft+ deep hole in the courtyard was caused by a 2000lb bomb. A 500lb bomb would have obliterated the parking lot. The most logical explanation of the visible damage is a small warhead combined with a bunch of rocket fuel… keep in mind rockets typically have a lot more fuel than they do payload.

As for the 500+ deaths, I think that is likely highly inflated but I don’t discount the possibility that people may have been sheltering in the hospital parking lot as it was seen as a safe zone. That said, I don’t see a lot of evidence that hundreds of people had been living in the parking lot. I’d expect to see remnants of shelters, supplies, cooking tools. Plus, Hamas immediately released a massive death toll- something that typically takes time to assess.

While the other Arab nations will not publicly recognize the evidence at hand pointing towards an Islamic Jihad, I would hope behind the scenes they are more l reasonable. These countries will never blame skip the opportunity to Israel as Israel serves as a foil that can be used to Gardner political power. But that doesn’t mean behind the scenes they aren’t more cooperative than their facade suggests.
I'm not aware of an IDF debunked video, I know Al Jazeera put out a video claiming to debunk Israel's evidence but others quickly debunked Al Jazeera's response and Channel 4's video bothesides-ing it, lauded by at least two reporters who should no better, was likewise torn apart as well. I should also add the debunking was done by analysts who are highly critical of Israel. If it were clear that Israel were responsible they would be the ones to say so. That said, I'm open to the idea that the IDF did indeed put out some pieces of information that wasn't accurate even if overall the picture points strongly towards a failed rocket launch that killed 100 maybe more maybe less rather than the initial reports.
Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 12.02.26 PM.png

These are intelligence reports, we don't know the confidence of these reports yet nor what they are based on. But 500 seems out of the question.

There are indeed indications in public that what is said in public by these leaders is very different from what is said in private:

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 11.31.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 11.40.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 11.32.27 AM.png

It's incredible, though maybe not surprising.

Terrorists: We didn't do it, it was Israel, trust us. Arab countries: We believe you.
IDF: Here's actual evidence it came from Gaza. Arab countries: Your evidence means nothing. We believe the terrorists.

Even what the Jordan FM said in that video isn't really that they don't believe Israel. He is really saying that they can't afford to be seen believing Israel. As someone else commented, he's admitting that the truth doesn't matter. Too many people are primed to believe the Israel commits atrocities and lies about it that the leadership feels forced to at least publicly act like that's what's happened. Again, what is happening behind the scenes, it may be different, but either way it's a very delicate and dangerous game Arab leaders have to play - they can't afford to enrage their population against them, but stoking that rage by allowing falsehoods to take root can also be just as dangerous to a regime. And of course, again, the primary people hurt by this are the Palestinians since the canceled diplomatic meeting was about humanitarian aid and help for the people of Gaza.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 12.05.41 PM.png

While the likelihood of Israel hitting the hospital is almost non-existent at this point, Israel is flattening Gaza. This is only the beginning. The ground campaign hasn't even really started. It gets worse from here.

Beyond the implications of the above, there are indications that Israel doesn't really have a plan here. Apparently that's what has concerned the White House and one of the main purposes of the meeting with Israel. It isn't even that Israel's post-conflict plan is too brutal to sign off on, but that there isn't one at all. Again, this is based on tea leaf reading, but it is multiple tea leaves as I reported earlier on "Israel's Decisive Victory" conflict plan. That's worrisome. Israel may be winging both the execution of the conflict and the post-conflict resolution, which could turn out worse for *everyone*.

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 12.14.41 PM.png

EDIT: A seriously excellent piece by Benjamin Wittes:

And a general guide to the laws of armed conflict:

Last edited:
I watched. It was extremely short, extremely depressing, and extremely on point. (Even if my children rated Biden low for delivery.)
I thought he made a good case for aid to Israel and Ukraine, while noting the need for humanitarian aid to the Palestinians in Gaza.

Yeah, his delivery could have been stronger at times, but he just returned from a quick trip to Israel. I would’ve slept for a couple days.

If Trump gave a speech on the same topic it’d all be about himself.

I thought he made a good case for aid to Israel and Ukraine, while noting the need for humanitarian aid to the Palestinians in Gaza.

Yeah, his delivery could have been stronger at times, but he just returned from a quick trip to Israel. I would’ve slept for a couple days.

If Trump gave a speech on the same topic it’d all be about himself.
“SEE WHAT I DID FOR YOU (oh, I impress myself!) ME, ME, ME, YOU WANT MEEeeee!!!” Hopefully followed closely by a heart attack…👹

I’m hearing from sources left to center right that Trump shared Israeli security secrets with Putin. If you can’t picture Trump sitting down to dinner with Putin and going “Check out some of Israel’s capabilities. Pass the ketchup.” you’re a liar. It then gets passed to Iran and so on and so forth.

I’m hearing from sources left to center right that Trump shared Israeli security secrets with Putin. If you can’t picture Trump sitting down to dinner with Putin and going “Check out some of Israel’s capabilities. Pass the ketchup.” you’re a liar. It then gets passed to Iran and so on and so forth.
Yes, one of the pieces of intelligence on ISIS that Trump bragged about knowing to the Russians was almost certainly originally Israeli and shared with us.

I can see that happening. I hope that's at least officially revealed/corroborated sometime soon.

I can see that happening. I hope that's at least officially revealed/corroborated sometime soon.

Yes I should stress that this

Yes, one of the pieces of intelligence on ISIS that Trump bragged about knowing to the Russians was almost certainly originally Israeli and shared with us.

is unofficial information leaked to the press, but it does fit with what was already known.

Back