How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So Kay Ivey was in the news for a day, for her "no nonsense" approach to blaming the unvaccinated for Alabama's issues with Covid.
Memaw is conflicted. She wants to do the right thing, but she also wants to be liked by the rest of the right.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
So Kay Ivey was in the news for a day, for her "no nonsense" approach to blaming the unvaccinated for Alabama's issues with Covid.

Only there's a bit of an issue of Ivey specifically being the one to blame the unvaccinated, as if her party hasn't had a hand in making this an issue.

You can stop @ 5 minutes to get the relevant part

I think the more likely reasoning for Ivey's new outlook & potentially other politicians is this...

I saw that and I have the feeling she’s really going to pay for that.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Memaw is conflicted. She wants to do the right thing, but she also wants to be liked by the rest of the right.
I saw that and I have the feeling she’s really going to pay for that.

I think that's correct. She has a base to appeal to, and like some other governors & a former president thought we all could just coast thru this. Unfortunately some place had to be the worst case scenario, and it's currently her state. So like the Youtuber pointed out, it's time to blame the very people that were fed constant partisan points on mask, and vaccine hesitancy. All the while seeking to distance herself & others from their part in all of this.

If she's so mad, why didn't she hammer home the point she's been ( I'm assuming ) vaccinated earlier?

It should have been a focus much earlier, not when so many are entrenched in a line of thinking.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m actually pretty concerned right now. My daughter’s family is going on a long ago booked vacation to Florida…with an overnight stay in Alabama.

If you think I haven’t been forwarding articles and drilling mask-wearing into her… 😐

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m actually pretty concerned right now. My daughter’s family is going on a long ago booked vacation to Florida…with an overnight stay in Alabama.

If you think I haven’t been forwarding articles and drilling mask-wearing into her… 😐
Somewhat off topic, but where are they stopping in AL? Some areas are better/worse than others. I take it they’re heading to Orlando in FL?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Absolute insanity. Pure, hardcore insanity. They are still holding superspreader events…with Trump as the headliner no less.

U

User.45

I saw a piece in The NY Times (one of two that caught my ire) from Bret Stephens about COVID:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1420201405512437766/
Honestly, I don't read anything from Bret Stephens. I gave him 3 or 4 shots but he came out ALWAYS underwhelming in all of those instances. So underwhelming/bad that I actually looked him up never to ever waste time on what he writes. He does not deserve my time.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Yeah...

I'm beginning to realize that those who bitched the loudest when we were asked to wear masks until a vaccine comes along, will be doing their part to take us back to those days.

Arkansas hospitals placed 33 new covid-19 patients on ventilators Tuesday, according to the state’s department of health, bringing the total to 205 patients struggling for life on the machines. Sadly, that’s the highest number of patients on ventilators since January, according to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, and it’s due largely to the state’s desperately low vaccination rates.

The number of covid-19 patients currently hospitalized in Arkansas is 1,025, another high that hasn’t been seen since January of this year. The state recorded 2,052 new cases on Tuesday, with 10 new deaths from the disease.

Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, a Republican, tweeted about the depressing milestones on Tuesday, urging residents to get vaccinated.

“Today our hospitalizations crossed the 1,000 mark. I will meet with my COVID Task Force tomorrow morning to discuss ways to increase hospital capacity. Vaccines are the best antidote for our increasing numbers; the best antidote for fear is counsel from a trustworthy advisor,” Hutchinson tweeted.

Why the realization?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419715086982303748/

FFS

It makes you realize why some are so desperate to be blame China or create elaborate conspiracies. The group first to yell "personal responsibility" is the last to take it themselves.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yeah...

I'm beginning to realize that those who bitched the loudest when we were asked to wear masks until a vaccine comes along, will be doing their part to take us back to those days.

Well, I am here. :eek:🤣

All I will say is if there is a problem getting people to get the vaccine, bring back mask mandates is not going to help. It will probably hurt.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well, I am here. :eek:🤣

All I will say is if there is a problem getting people to get the vaccine, bring back mask mandates is not going to help. It will probably hurt.
They all say that until they're on a ventilator and you see them on the news saying "I wish I would've listened". The takeaway is for some absolutely nothing short of knocking on deaths door will convince them otherwise. Fine if they want to eat their own but when it infects others it's flat out irresponsible.

D

Deleted member 199

They all say that until they're on a ventilator and you see them on the news saying "I wish I would've listened". The takeaway is for some absolutely nothing short of knocking on deaths door will convince them otherwise. Fine if they want to eat their own but when it infects others it's flat out irresponsible.
Don’t assume they all even get to that point of realisation.

my wife’s uncle never wore a helmet, got hit off his motor bike, ended up in a coma for.. 8 days I think.

“recovered”… back on the bike, no helmet.
the progression for some people about any kind of negative consequences to their actions seems to be:

1. Zero thoughts about it
  2. “It won’t happen to me”
  3. It happens
  4. Change nothing
  5. It can’t happen again
  6. Go to step 3.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Iowa’s governor is blaming the resurgence of COVID-19 on immigrants crossing the border….

Is there a high speed rail taking them straight from Texas to Iowa as soon as they cross?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
👀
106918162-1627486585984-20210728-thumb-v2-YmEDe-where-the-cdc-recommends-masking-up.png

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1420475298051678212/

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Shaking my head.

The Covid-19 vaccine has become so polarizing that some people in Missouri are getting inoculated in secret for fear of backlash from their friends and family who oppose vaccination, a doctor told CNN Wednesday.
"They did their own research on it, and they talked to people and made the decisions themselves," Frase told CNN's Anderson Cooper. "But even though they were able to make that decision themselves, they didn't want to have to deal with the peer pressure or the outbursts from other people about them ... 'giving in to everything.'"
In a hospital produced video, Frase said one pharmacist at her hospital told her "they've had several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, 'please, please, please don't let anybody know that I got this vaccine.'"

This is what it’s come to. We have people ashamed of doing the right thing, the lifesaving thing.

Unbelievable.

Top Bottom
1 2