iOS 18

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Solutions
Main Camera
Sony
Instagram
Still waiting, I'm only showing iOS 17.7 at the moment.

looser I am special. :D
got the beta on Saturday.
Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.31.01 AM.jpeg

Maybe I have to update to 17.7 first 🤷‍♂️ Going to try that now and see what happens.

You should have gotten the option by now. I just updated to 18 - at least the apps I rely on all work.
I see it now but had to updated to 17.7 first, most have probably already done that but I never got around to it.

I wonder if the beta is the actual real deal since we got it Saturday?

Last edited:
I got the option to update to 17.7, but also to go directly from 17.6.1 to 18. That was at the bottom of the screen.

I had to update first, this is what I saw, also couldn't scroll down any further.

IMG_1194.PNG

The new iphone mirroring stuff with Sequoia is fantastic, in my limited testing today. I wouldn’t have thought it would be of much use to me, but being able to deal with notifications from my Mac has been great. Wish I could mirror my iPad on my mac the same way.

The new iphone mirroring stuff with Sequoia is fantastic, in my limited testing today. I wouldn’t have thought it would be of much use to me, but being able to deal with notifications from my Mac has been great. Wish I could mirror my iPad on my mac the same way.
Probably the nicest thing in the updates.

Currently on Ventura, looked for Sequoia and my only choice is Sonoma, sigh.. assuming another double upgrade to get there.

I am on a 14 Pro. Wonder if the phone model makes a difference.
Sounds like you won't get any of the AI stuff which I never use anyway but you can still upgrade. There are some neat features otherwise from the looks of it.

Yeah, I've been using it all afternoon and it's a worthwhile feature. I needed a photo from my iPhone on my Mac, so I found it on the mirrored version of Photos and AirDropped it to my computer. TBH, I was surprised it worked.

Sounds like you won't get any of the AI stuff which I never use anyway but you can still upgrade. There are some neat features otherwise from the looks of it.

My 16 Pro will be here Friday. I only upgraded the iOS today because I want to test the satellite messaging.

But unless something happens to it, it will probably be my last upgrade for a while. And I am only upgrading my 14 because I have a huge scuff on my screen,

Though I'm curious about iOS 18, the iPhone I'm currently using will be a trade-in (value $650) for the iPhone 16 I'll be picking up on Friday at the Apple store. I'm not going to futz with it and have something potentially go sideways, as unlikely as that it is.

Back