iPhone - Move app from search to home screen

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is the case for many apps, if they are not on one of my home screens I have to search for them, no biggie. But there are times I would like to move that app back to the home screen and if don't know which group they're in (with like 75 apps spread out among them all) there is no other way to drag them out from the search screen. Any workarounds here?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
On my iPhone too. Good to know. But actually locating that name is still more trouble than I’d like.
I'm not seeing it... here's what I have when I search for Smart Life, even knowing which group it's in will help.

Attachments

• IMG_3965.png
    IMG_3965.png
    416.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3966.png
    IMG_3966.png
    423 KB · Views: 48

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I developed an deep and abiding dislike for screenfuls. All of my iPad apps are on one screen, mostly inside directories. I realize that that is much more difficult to accomplish on a phone, but I suspect that if I had an iPhone, I would try to keep my app count as low as possible.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I developed an deep and abiding dislike for screenfuls. All of my iPad apps are on one screen, mostly inside directories. I realize that that is much more difficult to accomplish on a phone, but I suspect that if I had an iPhone, I would try to keep my app count as low as possible.

Yeah, I clean up my screen periodically. If I don't use an app after a few months I just delete it.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
When I do search on an iPad, it tells me, over on the right, the directory name. That should make it at least a little easier to find.

Good to know. I had no idea about this. I use the search feature for most apps that aren't on my front page.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yeah, I clean up my screen periodically. If I don't use an app after a few months I just delete it.

Me too, usually when a raft of them show up with update badges and I realize I don't use them so why am I bothering (over DSL yet) to maintain them.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You can hold and drag an item out of the search results and then place it on a screen / drag across screens like any Home Screen app / icon.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
You can hold and drag an item out of the search results and then place it on a screen / drag across screens like any Home Screen app / icon.
Awesome!

Sucks that it isn‘t clear that you can do that. But holding and dragging it down or up actually works! Yay!

Top Bottom
1 2