Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This whole thing about the Italian conspiracy theory is just bizarre, I mean he fired most of his senior justice department officials over it. If nothing else it shows just how crazy and out of touch with reality Trump was, he's like that crazy uncle sending "you've gotta see this video" emails on AOL.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I really don't want to play "what about" here, but when the GOP controls Congress in a year and we holding hearings about Hunter's laptop (the one that both the WaPo and NYT finally admitted was legit), with sworn testimony and all similar things to what we are seeing here, where is everyone's heads going to be?
You seriously are comparing Hunter Biden’s laptop to what happened on Jan 6?

And you never explained why the guy you claimed you know never showed up in the database of Jan 6 rioters. Hmmm…

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think they intended to hurt anyone or burn the place to the ground. I don't think there was any chance they were going to overthrow the government of the United States.
Are you kidding me? Have you not seen the footage of people carrying all sorts of weapons wearing kevlar vests? The Oath Keepers literally had a fucking QRF on standby. They were absolutely out to kill and overthrow the government.
As for election fraud, now I am pretty sure no one here has watched 2000 Mules. You might want to, but for every question it answers, it creates 2 more. There are some things that don't pass the sniff test (I can't think of a single valid reason why a single cell phone visits 24 different ballot drop boxes and 3 non-profits in one night) but there is also very little explanation of where these ballots came from in the first place.
You can't be seriously citing 2000 Mules. That documentary is nothing more than Q-lunacy. It has been thoroughly picked to pieces. For example in the case of cell phone GPS data

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Bingo! I'm not wasting my time when his ass was quiet till he spouted that :poop::poop::poop::poop:.
I'm genuinely interested in what moderate Republicans think though, I would think anyone reasonable would at least see this for what it is. I was initially not going to watch but after it was aired over the top of my normal news I started paying attention, all really compelling (and scary) stuff.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Hunter’s laptop? Ok, if there’s something incriminating on there, whatever. I have no allegiance to Hunter Biden, he’s not an elected official, I didn’t vote for him. Ok, he used dad’s name to get a job. Big fucking deal, I work with a half-dozen people who did the same. Was he collecting tax dollars like Kushner and Ivanka? Who the fuck ever heard the names Don or Eric before 2015? I sure as hell didn’t.

I don’t see any court rendering any of that laptop bullshit as credible since it’s passed through the hands of people with a clear agenda.

If you’re outraged about Burisma or his affairs, fair enough. I hardly see Hunter Biden. He has no policy say-so. He’s not collecting a taxpayer checks. I don’t give a shit about him any more than I do Tiffany Trump. That’s a pretty poor “whataboutism” in defense of January 6.

Does the right not understand that their concern with Hillary’s emails or Hunter’s laptop exposes their rank hypocrisy on Trump?

Like, even in a worse-case scenario, if everything everyone says about Hunter is true… it’s kind of like, so what? It’s like defending Trump if he spit in the queen’s face, and deflecting to that time HW Bush threw up in that guy’s lap. Clearly backwards priorities…

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
With that, I bid you adieu in this thread. I stayed out for a reason and I should have stuck with that. But @JayMysteri0 asked me a legit question, so I answered him. I should have known better. :)

Wait. What question? What did I miss?

confused-icegif.gif

I just wanted to post a gif of Wahlberg's greatest "acting" performance.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
No I get it. I have been pretty silent on this.

I think we have to break it down into 2 issues. Trump's attempt to overturn the election and the idiots in the Capitol.

So the second one first. They were idiots. I don't think they intended to hurt anyone or burn the place to the ground. I don't think there was any chance they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. Again, they were idiots so no I really don't care. They will be punished individually.
You need to come to grips with what this event represents. Stop making excuses. There were some idiots who got caught up in treason and then there were the groups who were there specifically to perpetrate treason, not to mention the Trump Treason Machine who because they did not have the backing of Military or the Dept of Justice, they could not shoot or arrest key people, so they tried all avenues of bold face lies, including talking the band of expendable suckers to storm the Capitol in their names, and used pressure tactics to talk key persons into committing treason. Fortunately this failed on all counts.

Most discouraging we have a nation of idiots drinking Trump, QAnon, and every Right Wing Conspiracy theory Koolaid they can swallow, living their right Wing fantasies, while ignoring these hearing and instead of proclaiming Holy Shit!, have all manor of bankrupt reasons to excuse the inexcusable.

I listen to the truth explained in excruciating detail, and can’t believe Donald Trump and his band of criminals are not going to jail.

And you? It wasn’t that bad. If there are enough people like you, not only is the foundation of the United States in trouble but our Constitution/Democracy/Republic is on life support, when truth is only acknowledged when it supports one’s politics, otherwise ends justifies the means, even when the individuals don’t realize what is being destroyed to achieve an illusion. Once those who believe in winning at all costs win, regardless of how many lies are needed, we are fucked as a nation.

In the general state of our existence, I’d like to know, what Standards or who has to die before it becomes bad enough? A classroom full of kids, the rule of law, freedom of religion, our Constitution, our freedoms, our insistence on truth, honesty, and the rule of law?

The GOP as it exists today does not support the idea of a democracy, it only supports hypocritical, one way, self serving standards. Why has the GOP failed to wholesale denounce Trump? I’d love to hear your perspective on this.
As to the first, yeah I was disappointed in Trump's efforts to overturn the election. But if he were doing so using a legal means (which others on both sides have used in the past) then perhaps we need to change a few things. But I thought he should have just accepted the results and positioned himself for 2024. He may have pushed the legal means into a dark gray area, but I don't think there was any chance he was going to succeed. As to whether it was treason, not sure it rises quite to that level. I know many here will disagree and that's fine.
You were disappointed? How about enraged? STOP MAKING EXCUSES for the biggest threat to our democracy elected by people like you, who are either gullible, or do want to win at all costs, or because Trump “supports conservative values”, regardless of the damage to our institutions. Please accept your role in where the country is today, pushed to the brink of political implosion.
As for election fraud, now I am pretty sure no one here has watched 2000 Mules. You might want to, but for every question it answers, it creates 2 more. There are some things that don't pass the sniff test (I can't think of a single valid reason why a single cell phone visits 24 different ballot drop boxes and 3 non-profits in one night) but there is also very little explanation of where these ballots came from in the first place.

So I understand his anger if he knew this, but he should have been the Statesmen, conceded and then been Kingmaker for the next 4 years and he would have walked back in. Now he is damaged goods and I hope he doesn't run.

Maybe some of you all need to watch the movie as I would like to hear some of you thoughts on a few things. Like I said, it is by no means a slam dunk, but does pose some questions.

Did you all know your movements are being tracked by the cell carriers (by IMEI?) and they sell this data to marketers?
Debunked Conspiracy theory. Google it. Here is one example:
I personally know the idiot from WV who just got sentenced (Derrick Evans). He was not trying to overthrow anything. He was simply there to protest and got caught up in it.
Yep, he got caught up in committing treason, based on a lie, one of the pawns sucked into Trump’s vortex designed to attract expendable suckers.
Are you kidding me? Have you not seen the footage of people carrying all sorts of weapons wearing kevlar vests? The Oath Keepers literally had a fucking QRF on standby. They were absolutely out to kill and overthrow the government.

You can't be seriously citing 2000 Mules. That documentary is nothing more than Q-lunacy. It has been thoroughly picked to pieces. For example in the case of cell phone GPS data
There was a plan to break into the Capitol orchestrated by Donald Trump to illegally, violently overturn the outcome of the election. All other avenues had failed him.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
You need to come to grips with what this event represents. Stop making excuses. There were some idiots who got caught up in treason and then there were the groups who were there specifically to cause treason, not to mention the Trump Treason Machine who because they did not have the backing of military or the Dept of Justice, they could not shoot or arrest key people, so they tried all avenues of bold face lies, and pressure to talk key persons into committing treason. Fortunately this failed.

Most discouraging we have a nation of idiots drinking Trump, QAnon, and every Right Wing Conspiracy theory Koolaid they can swallow, living their right Wing fantasies, while ignoring these hearing and instead of proclaiming Holy Shit!, have all manor of bankrupt reasons to excuse the inexcusable.

I listen to the truth explained in excruciating detail, and can’t believe Donald Trump and his band of criminals are not going to jail.

And you? It wasn’t that bad. If there are enough people like you, not only is the foundation of the United States in trouble but our Constitution/Democracy/Republic is on life support, when truth is only acknowledged when it supports one’s politics, otherwise ends justifies the means, even when the individuals don’t realize what is being destroyed to achieve an illusion. Once those who believe in winning at all costs win, regardless of how many lies are needed, we are fucked as a nation.

In the general state of,our existence, I’d like to know, what Standards or who has to die before it becomes bad enough? A classroom full of kids, the rule of law, freedom of religion, our Constitution, our freedoms, our insistence on truth, honesty, and the rule of law?

The GOP as it exists today does not support the idea of a democracy, it only supports hypocritical, one way, self serving standards. Why has the GOP failed to wholesale denounce Trump? I’d love to hear your perspective on this.

You were disappointed? How about enraged? STOP MAKING EXCUSES for the biggest threat to our democracy elected by people like you, who are either gullible, or do want to win at all costs, or because Trump “supports conservative values”, regardless of the damage to our institutions. Please except your role in where the country is today, pushed to the brink of political implosion.

Yep, he got caught up in committing treason, based on a lie, one of the pawns sucked into Trump’s vortex designed to attract suckers.

There was a plan to break into the Capitol orchestrated by Donald Trump to illegally, violently overturn the outcome of the election. All other avenues had failed him.
Thank you so much for this. If one has enough time to watch 2000 mules, and read countless stories about Hunter Biden and write regularly on this forum… Then they have time to watch the Jan 6 hearings or at least listen to them while they are driving.

Ignorance of what happened on Jan 6 is not an excuse, and at this point: one cannot be ignorant of it unless they are trying really hard.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
You need to come to grips with what this event represents. Stop making excuses. There were some idiots who got caught up in treason and then there were the groups who were there specifically to cause treason, not to mention the Trump Treason Machine who because they did not have the backing of military or the Dept of Justice, they could not shoot or arrest key people, so they tried all avenues of bold face lies, and pressure to talk key persons into committing treason. Fortunately this failed.

In the general state of,our existence, I’d like to know, what Standards or who has to die before it becomes bad enough? A classroom full of kids, the rule of law, freedom of religion, our Constitution, our freedoms, our insistence on truth, honesty, and the rule of law?

You were disappointed? How about enraged? STOP MAKING EXCUSES for the biggest threat to our democracy elected by people like you, who are either gullible, or do want to win at all costs, or because Trump “supports conservative values”, regardless of the damage to our institutions. Please except your role in where the country is today, pushed to the brink of political implosion.

Yep, he got caught up in committing treason, based on a lie, one of the pawns sucked into Trump’s vortex designed to attract suckers.

Can I give this post an award?

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Hunter’s laptop? Ok, if there’s something incriminating on there, whatever. I have no allegiance to Hunter Biden, he’s not an elected official, I didn’t vote for him. Ok, he used dad’s name to get a job. Big fucking deal, I work with a half-dozen people who did the same. Was he collecting tax dollars like Kushner and Ivanka? Who the fuck ever heard the names Don or Eric before 2015? I sure as hell didn’t.

I was out at my sister's place a couple days back. She had Newsmax on. They were discussing Hunter Biden's "evil laptop". After being in shock that they're still going on about the laptop, I pretty much ignored it. But I did catch Don Jr. saying "I guess when you're the president's son, you can get away with whatever you like!" :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
It's remarkable and sad that anyone can look at the mayhem of January 6, 2021 and conclude that the rioters didn't intend to harm anyone or believe they couldn't overturn the election, which would have been tantamount to overthrowing the U.S. government. They didn't show up in military garb and carrying weapons expecting to participate in a non-violent protest. Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi would at least have been kidnapped, and likely killed or severely injured, had they been found. The goal was to disrupt the proceedings enough to cast a pall of uncertainly over the results in key state so Trump could have been declared the winner.

I often wonder how people who latch onto wild conspiracy theories function in society. The bank who handles their mortgage or auto loan could be controlled by space laser-wielding Jews, and the antibiotic prescribed by their physician for a urinary tract infection might have nano-bots embedded in it.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I think we have to break it down into 2 issues. Trump's attempt to overturn the election and the idiots in the Capitol.

So the second one first. They were idiots. I don't think they intended to hurt anyone or burn the place to the ground. I don't think there was any chance they were going to overthrow the government of the United States. Again, they were idiots so no I really don't care. They will be punished individually.

As to the first, yeah I was disappointed in Trump's efforts to overturn the election. But if he were doing so using a legal means (which others on both sides have used in the past) then perhaps we need to change a few things. But I thought he should have just accepted the results and positioned himself for 2024. He may have pushed the legal means into a dark gray area, but I don't think there was any chance he was going to succeed. As to whether it was treason, not sure it rises quite to that level. I know many here will disagree and that's fine.
To your first point, they were armed, had a gallows ready for Mike Pence and were screaming threats. How can you possibly say they didn't intend to hurt anyone? Do the law officers they beat not count? Now suppose several members of Congress were killed as well as the Vice President. That would have been Trump's cue to declare martial law. So that was the chance that the government would be overthrown because once Trump did that he would never relinquish power.

As for Trump's attempt to overturn the election, he was told by all his top legal and campaign advisors (not the lunatic Guiliani) that there was NO BASIS for questioning the results and that none of the theories were valid. Yet Trump ignored this and persisted in the Big Lie and tried to exert undue influence on various state officials as well as the Vice President. His Big Lie led to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol after pumping up the mob with his deceitful rhetoric. And now, having lost dozens of court cases and every single recount, he still continues to spout the Big Lie. This goes way beyond what others have done in the past.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
To your first point, they were armed, had a gallows ready for Mike Pence and were screaming threats. How can you possibly say they didn't intend to hurt anyone? Do the law officers they beat not count? Now suppose several members of Congress were killed as well as the Vice President. That would have been Trump's cue to declare martial law. So that was the chance that the government would be overthrown because once Trump did that he would never relinquish power.

As for Trump's attempt to overturn the election, he was told by all his top legal and campaign advisors (not the lunatic Guiliani) that there was NO BASIS for questioning the results and that none of the theories were valid. Yet Trump ignored this and persisted in the Big Lie and tried to exert undue influence on various state officials as well as the Vice President. His Big Lie led to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol after pumping up the mob with his deceitful rhetoric. And now, having lost dozens of court cases and every single recount, he still continues to spout the Big Lie. This goes way beyond what others have done in the past.
This willful ignorance and complete disregard for the truth is truly disgusting to me.

The Trump sycophants will set aside 2 hours to watch a movie by a convicted felon, pardoned by Trump, that puts forward lies to make Trump look good. But won’t spend 5 minutes to read a summary of the Jan 6 evidence from the hearings… sworn testimony by people who literally worked at the highest levels in the Trump administration.

These people don’t care about the law. They don’t care about the constitution. They are authoritarians. If Trump told them to “deal with” Mexicans and Muslims, they’d be first in line to load their AR-15s and start gunning them down. There is no doubt about it. If Trump wins in 2024, it could very well happen. The Proud Boys recruitment tripled after the “stand back and stand by” statement of Trump... And they led the Jan 6 coup attempt by showing up armed early, ready to lead an angry mob.

And when somebody calls Trump’s illegal attempts to overthrow election results a “gray area” and wants to excuse the insurrection as very fine people who just got “caught up” in it? They would have been beating up cops and breaking Capitol windows that day if they were there too. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. They are just one mob scene away from being a terrorist.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
This willful ignorance and complete disregard for the truth is truly disgusting to me.

The Trump sycophants will set aside 2 hours to watch a movie by a convicted felon, pardoned by Trump, that puts forward lies to make Trump look good. But won’t spend 5 minutes to read a summary of the Jan 6 evidence from the hearings… sworn testimony by people who literally worked at the highest levels in the Trump administration.

Keep in mind, the last guy we had in the White House, from the very beginning, told his followers that the new media was biased, tells lies and that they can't be trusted. Then he told people which news stations could be trusted. When you limit people to just 2-3 news sources (who are just stroking that maniac's ego), it becomes less surprising that they believe crazy stuff. They're not really getting any other points of view. They've been told they can't trust those other sources.

They still stupid sheep. But at least it's somewhat more understandable.

Last edited:

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Keep in mind, the last guy we had in the White House, from the very beginning, told his followers that the new media was biased, tells lies and that they can't be trusted. Then he told people which news stations could be trusted. When you limit people to just 2-3 news sources (who are just stroking that maniac's ego), it becomes less surprising that they believe crazy stuff. They're not really getting any other points of view. They've been told they can't trust those other sources.

They still stupid sheep. But at least it's somewhat more understandable.
He also told them before the election that the only way he could lose is if it was rigged.

Imagine how naive these people are to believe a life-long grifter who has cheated banks, insurance companies, laborers and even his three wives. Who lied over 30,000 times during his administration. Who was fined for a fraudulent Trump University and Trump Foundation. Who presented no actual evidence of election fraud and lost dozens of court cases and every recount. It boggles the mind how easily swayed some people can be. Even at this late date, after the thug incited a mob to attack Congress, there's a house in my area with a Trump banner on its flag pole.

Top Bottom
1 2