Jan 6 Committee Public Hearings

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ron Johnson is probably going to prison. He’s making stuff up about his role in the fake elector scheme. Hiding behind a fake phone call, throwing his staff under the bus, etc. Now he’s bringing in some Republican state rep from Pennsylvania and some Judge or something… The rep denies any involvement.

Johnson is scared. He’s not doing the Trump thing and doubling down on stupid - he’s running far away from this and throwing anyone under the bus he can.

It’s great to watch such a congress critter feel the heat.

I hope some of these republicans will really be wishing McConnell had sat Garland on the Supreme Court when he had the chance, but his role as AG is much more important at this moment in to time. Even if republicans win control the house and senate, I don’t think they’ll have enough power to deter the justice department in Biden’s first term, though I do wonder what sham hearings they’ll hold to take some of the heat off of them for January 6.

As the hearings go on, I’m becoming more confident justice will prevail, especially when I remind myself that the MAGA cult and Fox News base is a large minority. I mean, it’s a lot of people, but still a minority. Trump’s big lie also has sort of shrouded the fact that not only did Biden win, it wasn’t really even close in the popular vote. Neither was Hillary’s win. More people reject Trumpism, they’re just not as loud as the sedition crowd. Fox has the most viewers, but that’s because it’s an entertainment channel focusing on garbage, whereas people who want real news have more options.

So for those of us fearing the backlash to what happens if Trump’s ass is thrown in jail, it’s important to remember; we’re the majority, not the cult.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe the surprise witness will be Mo Brooks. Now that he has nothing left to lose, he’s ready to throw everyone under the bus and burn down whatever’s left.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The testimony is damning.

Trump was informed that the crowd was armed. He still insisted that they should go to the Capitol. He was told by his lawyers to remove statements from his speech about fighting or going to the Capitol or mentioning Mike Pence, and refused.

And the insanity of him throwing dishes around the White House? How is anybody still defending this insane wannabe dictator?

He should be dragged out of Mar-a-Lago in cuffs today.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The testimony is damning.

Trump was informed that the crowd was armed. He still insisted that they should go to the Capitol. He was told by his lawyers to remove statements from his speech about fighting or going to the Capitol or mentioning Mike Pence, and refused.

And the insanity of him throwing dishes around the White House? How is anybody still defending this insane wannabe dictator?

He should be dragged out of Mar-a-Lago in cuffs today.

Physically attacking his secret service guy is what we call an “overt act.”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Michael Flynn for Prison.

I'm not even joking... I honestly think we're going to see a couple senators and house members go to prison. I could be way off, it could be wishful thinking. It's hard to send rich white people to jail. But the list of insane shit I'm seeing in these hearings, how on earth can you let them walk? Even Jefferson Davis served prison time.

Time to let these rebel racist assholes get a taste of that.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Michael Flynn for Prison.

I'm not even joking... I honestly think we're going to see a couple senators and house members go to prison. I could be way off, it could be wishful thinking. It's hard to send rich white people to jail. But the list of insane shit I'm seeing in these hearings, how on earth can you let them walk? Even Jefferson Davis served prison time.

Time to let these rebel racist assholes get a taste of that.
He should be there now but Trump pardoned him! Can they invalidate Trump’s pardons?

God I hope multiple politicians do time for this. If anybody other than Cheney and Kinzinger had spines in their bodies, Trump would have been impeached, this would have been an independent commission, and there would be trials already ongoing.

Anybody that plays this down is aiding traitors to America. The evidence is there; even if they put their heads in the sand, that‘s no excuse.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark Meadows needs to be locked up too.

Here's my list:

-Trump
-Meadows
-Rudy
-Flynn
-Stone
-Jeff Clark
-John Eastman

I honestly think the developments with Ron Johnson show he's scared... this dude is a carnival barker who's running away from this as hard and fast as he can, throwing people under the bus and dragging other people into it. One of those people - a republican from PA - flat-out denied Johnson's claims. So even though evidence against Johnson is minor right now, his reaction says it all. Plus, have we seen the list of people asking for pardons? I'd throw anyone who asked for a pardon in jail, that's hard evidence right there. How many liberal lawmakers went to Trump for a pardon after the 2020 election? None? Probably because they didn't involve themselves in a scheme to overthrow the election.

Would not be surprised to see Boebert, Gaetz, Gym Jordan and others have incriminating evidence against them.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Trump wanted to pardon the rioters, and Mark Meadows agreed! Meadows also wanted a pardon for himself. Lock them both up; throw away the key!

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Heh...I just remembered that circus clown Jim Jordan (who asked for a presidential pardon, and recently refused to testify before the Jan6th Committee), was nominated by McCarthy to be a member of the committee last year.

Can you imagine the resulting shitshow had Pelosi not rejected him?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Heh...I just remembered that circus clown Jim Jordan (who asked for a presidential pardon, and recently refused to testify before the Jan6th Committee), was nominated by McCarthy to be a member of the committee last year.

Can you imagine the resulting shitshow had Pelosi not rejected him?
That’s the EXACT reason that McCarthy picked him. He KNEW Jordan was involved, and used his rejection by Pelosi as a pretext to call the hearings “partisan."

But he was crying like a baby on Jan 6 asking Trump to make it stop. He’s a spineless weasel.

Top Bottom
1 2