Liz Cheney’s days seem to be numbered

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Some republicans don't even know what the word infrastructure means...

Well apparently not with respect to infrastructure of our Constitution.

It means “tons of free money for entrepreneurs with ties to the corrupt people in charge”, right?

Yeah like how Trump swung contracts for the border wall expansion he snagged money for from Pentagon budgets for other stuff. Unbelievable.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well apparently not with respect to infrastructure of our Constitution.

Yeah like how Trump swung contracts for the border wall expansion he snagged money for from Pentagon budgets for other stuff. Unbelievable.
If Biden took $1 away from the military, the GOP would cry 24/7 about it. There would be a Fox News story about how that $1 was probably $1 less for body armor and therefore the soldiers will all die and it will be all Biden’s fault. But they had no problem with Trump diverting all those funds to make a wall that isn’t keeping anybody out.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't know what exactly an assault rifle is. So I guess we're even.
I talking point we hear from the pro-gun crowd to downplay their significance.

I would just say that if they can walk into a kindergarten class and mow down as 20 kids in seconds without reloading, it's safe to say it's an "assault" weapon. These weapons should not be in the hands of civilians under any circumstances and if you need to the ability to fire off 10 rounds a second to hunt then you're too shitty of a shot to get a license. I don't believe musket carriers of the 17th century had this in mind when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Statements from the GOP after Biden’s infrastructure speech really bugged me. They said “roads and bridges only make up 6% of this infrastructure plan” - as if roads and bridges are the only infrastructure in America?...

Some republicans don't even know what the word infrastructure means...

You can't even tell anymore if they're deliberately twisting things to make Biden sound worse, or if they're just too stupid to realize all the things infrastructure is. Yes, it's bridges and roads, but it's a lot of other things, only a few of which were mentioned in that article. It's the drinking water supply, but it's also sanitary sewers. It's broadband, but it's also the electrical grid. It's more wind farms and solar panels. It's a build-out of electrical stations to charge cars along our roads and highways.

Heck, if you wanted to create even more jobs, you could invest in taking every old city that has above ground telephone and electrical lines, and planting that stuff underground. That alone would remove a lot of the ugliest aspects of older cities while keeping power lines from repeatedly blowing over from our ever more fierce storms. And while we're talking about that, what about shoring up our coasts from the rising oceans we've stupidly created?

There's absolutely no shortage of work to be done. These idiots just don't see it, or don't want to see it.

U

User.45

It means “tons of free money for entrepreneurs with ties to the corrupt people in charge”, right?
I wish I was exaggerating, but Kristi Noem acted appalled that an infrastructure plan involves PIpEs!!!!11!!!! (THere's no other way for me to express this mimed anger they produce during
You can't even tell anymore if they're deliberately twisting things to make Biden sound worse, or if they're just too stupid to realize all the things infrastructure is. Yes, it's bridges and roads, but it's a lot of other things, only a few of which were mentioned in that article. It's the drinking water supply, but it's also sanitary sewers. It's broadband, but it's also the electrical grid. It's more wind farms and solar panels. It's a build-out of electrical stations to charge cars along our roads and highways.

Heck, if you wanted to create even more jobs, you could invest in taking every old city that has above ground telephone and electrical lines, and planting that stuff underground. That alone would remove a lot of the ugliest aspects of older cities while keeping power lines from repeatedly blowing over from our ever more fierce storms. And while we're talking about that, what about shoring up our coasts from the rising oceans we've stupidly created?

There's absolutely no shortage of work to be done. These idiots just don't see it, or don't want to see it.
Lead poisoning decreases IQ by 1-2 standard deviations. That's like going from gifted to average, or from average to mentally challenged. That shit impacts economic prosperity and crime rates on the long run and nobody can tell me it isn't cost efficient to be proactive about these issues.

Other than the 10-lane highways, the USA has a poor infrastructure, with expensive mediocre broadband that is so shamelessly carteled any real capitalist should be appalled. There's definitely plenty of stuff to fix.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wish I was exaggerating, but Kristi Noem acted appalled that an infrastructure plan involves PIpEs!!!!11!!!! (THere's no other way for me to express this mimed anger they produce during

Lead poisoning decreases IQ by 1-2 standard deviations. That's like going from gifted to average, or from average to mentally challenged. That shit impacts economic prosperity and crime rates on the long run and nobody can tell me it isn't cost efficient to be proactive about these issues.

Other than the 10-lane highways, the USA has a poor infrastructure, with expensive mediocre broadband that is so shamelessly carteled any real capitalist should be appalled. There's definitely plenty of stuff to fix.

There’s also a study and theory that correlates the rise and fall of violence and serial killers with the rise and fall of leaded gasoline, basically pregnant women huffing too much of the fumes.

Using that maybe we can thank lead pipes for the current crop of Republican voters.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I don't know what exactly an assault rifle is. So I guess we're even.

There actually aren't any real assault rifles for sale in the US. They're hunting rifles dressed up to look tacticool.

The one thing that determines a weapon is an assault rifle is whether it has burst/full auto or not.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
There actually aren't any real assault rifles for sale in the US. They're hunting rifles dressed up to look tacticool.

The one thing that determines a weapon is an assault rifle is whether it has burst/full auto or not.

But, but, BUT most murders are done with a handgun, stupid noob!!

How'd I do? Do you feel stupid and like we don't need any further gun control? If not, here's more.

Why does everybody focus on mass shootings and not the gun violence in poor minority neighborhoods??? What. Is. Up. With. That?

I just cleverly showed that we don't need more gun control by pointing out a segment of gun violence that often doesn't get discussed enough. That makes total sense. You think there's too much gun violence? I just pointed out there is even more gun violence than is being discussed. I win. 2nd Amendment 2024!!

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

How'd I do? Do you feel stupid and like we don't need any further gun control? If not, here's more.

The proper response would've been something like "OLOL ANYTHING CAN BE "ASSAULT" TO YOU LIBTARDS! THERE'S NO SUCH REAL THING!"

Then you'd go around trying to high five people.

U

User.45

Why does everybody focus on mass shootings and not the gun violence in poor minority neighborhoods??? What. Is. Up. With. That?

I just cleverly showed that we don't need more gun control by pointing out a segment of gun violence that often doesn't get discussed enough. That makes total sense. You think there's too much gun violence? I just pointed out there is even more gun violence than is being discussed. I win. 2nd Amendment 2024!!
The proper response would've been something like "OLOL ANYTHING CAN BE "ASSAULT" TO YOU LIBTARDS! THERE'S NO SUCH REAL THING!"

Then you'd go around trying to high five people.

The second part of this discussion is "Most responsible gun owners are rural white people. It's the inner cities that are responsible for the for the bad rap of guns".

Black people ruin great things like guns too. /s

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The second part of this discussion is "Most responsible gun owners are rural white people. It's the inner cities that are responsible for the for the bad rap of guns".

Black people ruin great things like guns too. /s

As somebody who has a lifetime subscription to Irresponsible Gun Owner Quarterly we really need to debunk that myth. How many "Infant who found gun in purse" stories do we need before we can put that myth to rest?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
As somebody who has a lifetime subscription to Irresponsible Gun Owner Quarterly we really need to debunk that myth. How many "Infant who found gun in purse" stories do we need before we can put that myth to rest?
No way! The infants aren’t the gun owners so they, per definition, can’t be irresponsible gun owners. Besides, infants are pretty much at the same intelligence level as the city dwellers, right? Makes sense they’d use stolen guns to wreak havoc, ruining it for everyone. Q.E.D.

Surely you are not suggesting that a responsible gun owner can’t keep loaded guns lying around in purses, on tables, in unlocked drawers, in nurseries, and wherever? What’s the point of owning a gun if it can’t be fired at a moment’s notice?

U

User.45

1620255466495.png

At the end of the day no semi vs. fully automatic, handgun vs. rifle argument will explain away that your kid is more likely to be shot to death than dying of cancer.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Newt and the ever charming Jim Jordan getting excited about showing Liz the door. “She doesn’t listen” 😆.

I‘m unfamiliar with this on-air person they’re talking to, but he is very on board the Trump train and used the terms “Trumpism” and “Americanism” interchangeably. Hadn’t heard that one yet.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Border Wall!

I was just watching a few recent videos on the border wall, just so bizzare, miles of empty foundation trenches, mountains all scarred up from blasting, construction sites empty, support roads to nowhere.

Top Bottom
1 2