March 8th event announced!

• Thread starter Deleted member 215
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 215

The rumors were true. Apple’s next event, “Peek performance”, will be on March 8th.

What do you think will be revealed? What are you hoping will be revealed?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Most interesting thing to me will be M2, though I’m pretty sure it’s about 15% faster single-threaded, so maybe not much of a surprise in store.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
New M1Pro / M1Max / M<something-something> based Mini, or some variant of a headless machine (Mini Pro, MacCube Pro, etc ...)

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m dying for a 27” iMac. I would love to see that at this event but none of the rumors seem to suggest it will be announced. I would maybe consider a Mac Mini if it has some beefy specs. Maybe an OG HomePod replacement? Or maybe AirPods Pro 2?

D

Deleted member 215

I’d like to see a beefy Mac Mini as well, but only if there’s also a new monitor. Not using some flimsy third party display…and definitely not buying a $5K standless monitor 🙄

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’d like to see a beefy Mac Mini as well, but only if there’s also a new monitor. Not using some flimsy third party display…and definitely not buying a $5K standless monitor 🙄
Same. I would definitely consider a Mac Mini if Apple also had a good monitor that wasn’t as expensive as the Pro Display XDR.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Most interesting thing to me will be M2, though I’m pretty sure it’s about 15% faster single-threaded, so maybe not much of a surprise in store.

I'm still thinking there's going to be a "desktop" flavor of the M1 P/M, i.e., something will all P-cores (swapped in for the E-cores), that would make a stout mid/mid-upper range for a new Mini, and a 27"+ iMac.

A Mini with an M1 Max with 10 P-cores and a 32 core GPU would be pretty fantastic.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm still thinking there's going to be a "desktop" flavor of the M1 P/M, i.e., something will all P-cores (swapped in for the E-cores), that would make a stout mid/mid-upper range for a new Mini, and a 27"+ iMac.

A Mini with an M1 Max with 10 P-cores and a 32 core GPU would be pretty fantastic.

Apple’s E-cores, particularly the new ones from A15, are pretty beefy (performance-wise), and I think given the area and thermal savings, it’s worth while including a couple of them to handle OS tasks.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Apple’s E-cores, particularly the new ones from A15, are pretty beefy (performance-wise), and I think given the area and thermal savings, it’s worth while including a couple of them to handle OS tasks.

I guess scheduling all those low-er-ish performance, background type chores to a low thermal component makes sense. To be honest, I was kind of surprised a new Mac Mini - with the M1P and M1M as they're used in the MBPs - didn't show up sooner (which was why I was thinking the delay was due to a slightly tweaked version being released).

What's the current WOTS about the M2 availability? Possible, or even likely, Apple should show M2 based products on March 8th?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess scheduling all those low-er-ish performance, background type chores to a low thermal component makes sense. To be honest, I was kind of surprised a new Mac Mini - with the M1P and M1M as they're used in the MBPs - didn't show up sooner (which was why I was thinking the delay was due to a slightly tweaked version being released).

What's the current WOTS about the M2 availability? Possible, or even likely, Apple should show M2 based products on March 8th?

There should be M2 macbook air/ 13” MBP announced, supposedly.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Apple already took too long bringing out an iMac that wasn’t an office fashion accessory, so I’m over that.

I’m hoping for a better grade Mac Mini that doesn’t have it’s BT abilities crap out in 2 or 3 years.

So I’ll be keeping an eye out for a new Mac Mini.

B01L

SlackMaster
Reaction score
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe...
M1 Pro/Max Mac mini desktops for sure...?

Sneak peek at the ASi Mac Pro...?

Surprise M2-based SoC for ASi Mac Pro (leapfrogging over the M1 Max SoCs)...?

M2 Ultra SoC
  • 15-core CPU (12P/3E)
  • 48-core GPU
  • 16-core Neural Engine
  • 256GB LPDDR5X RAM
  • 500GB/s UMA
Dual M2 Ultra SoCs
  • 30-core CPU (24P/6E)
  • 96-core GPU
  • 32-core Neural Engine
  • 512GB LPDDR5X RAM
  • 1TB/s UMA
Quad M2 Ultra SoCs
  • 60-core CPU (48P/12E)
  • 192-core GPU
  • 64-core Neural Engine
  • 1TB LPDDR5X RAM
  • 2TB/s UMA

D

Deleted member 215

Mac Studio, anyone? I'll buy it if it isn't insanely priced...

Thinking that maybe the Mac Mini stays on the regular M1/M2 and the "Mac Studio" ends up being the new "mid-tier" non-iMac desktop.

Top Bottom
1 2