More than 270 medical experts call out Spotify, Joe Rogan for spreading COVID-19 misinformation

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
When the State has shown itself completely unable to handle a crisis, it’s best to have the population fight themselves over which individuals should be the focus of the failure, because it can’t possibly be that the US has structurally failed at every level.

In short, America has failed on every level when it comes to Covid…therefore Joe Rogan must be the talk of the town instead of topic being we’ve given up because Capital demands business continues as usual regardless of the death toll.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
When the State has shown itself completely unable to handle a crisis, it’s best to have the population fight themselves over which individuals should be the focus of the failure, because it can’t possibly be that the US has structurally failed at every level.

In short, America has failed on every level when it comes to Covid…therefore Joe Rogan must be the talk of the town instead of topic being we’ve given up because Capital demands business continues as usual regardless of the death toll.

Don’t worry. All government failures on Covid, inflation, not passing legislation, and the impending economic super bubble popping will be solved by sending troops to Ukraine.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have never listened to this guy. I'm not really a podcast person. I'd rather listen to music than random people talking about random BS. Podcasts have just never interested me, but I know people that love them and listen to things like True Crime.

I am keeping my Spotify for now. Apple Music is trash. Unless something drastic happens like tons of artists taking their music off it then I may reconsider downgrading to the free version.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have never listened to this guy. I'm not really a podcast person. I'd rather listen to music than random people talking about random BS. Podcasts have just never interested me, but I know people that love them and listen to things like True Crime.

I am keeping my Spotify for now. Apple Music is trash. Unless something drastic happens like tons of artists taking their music off it then I may reconsider downgrading to the free version.
I tried a while back but he doesn't exactly cater to an intellectual audience, think more like debating over whether to bong out all day or hit the gym type of discussion.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So what does everyone make of this?

My thoughts are:

1) Kowa is one of the largest privately held companies in Japan
2) They are a major global pharma company with offices across the globe
3) Reuters is not FoxNews.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I tried a while back but he doesn't exactly cater to an intellectual audience, think more like debating over whether to bong out all day or hit the gym type of discussion.

Another reason I stopped listening, too many conversations that had nothing to do with that start veering in that direction. Did you know every possible topic is related to MMA? Joe will let you know how.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

My thoughts are:

I think the study needs be fully disclosed to be peer reviewed before I change my mind. I have heard that Ivermectin has "anti-viral effects", but at doses that are unhealthy to lethal. Also what do they mean by effects, does it eradicate the virus, or kill it by killing good cells as well.

Point 3... Would love for one of my anti-vax/covid deniers who recently told me how AP and Reuters are trash, quote this article.

U

User.45

My thoughts are:

The headline is absolute trash, especially from Reuters, when the first sentence is this:
TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Japanese trading and pharmaceuticals company Kowa Co Ltd (7807.T) on Monday said that anti-parasite drug ivermectin showed an "antiviral effect" against Omicron and other coronavirus variants in joint non-clinical research.
Non-clinical research isn't really a term, but if I tried to decipher it, I'd interpret it as definitely not in human, most likely in vitro, which means petri dish, which means irrelevant for anybody other than people doing in vitro or preclinical research.

Show me a high quality clinical trial and then there's something to discuss. Again, I spent 4 hours in the summer going over them and the better quality ones were either negative, or showed a very low effect size (i.e. weak effect).

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A little humor for the thread:

272622195_383547183576172_7802134768342808903_n.jpg

U

User.45

Yes, and? There are no new facts in this article that somehow change anything because it is from today, except that today a Japanese company has said that Ivermectin shows antiviral effect against COVID. That is factually correct. A Japanese company has stated that and hasn’t included any details. Stating something and proving it are two different things. Then the article includes all of the facts about ivermectin that were shared and discussed here. This isn’t the first study showing *something*. There are hundreds of them. None of them have held up to scrutiny. But of course it’s actually just a big huge conspiracy against Joe and other clever people and this Reuters article proves that.
Let me emphasize again. It's a "non-clinical study". Meaning no humans involved.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As I suspected, this is indeed floating around the far fright communications channels. I‘ve got your number, Herdfan, and I am watching you carefully.

View attachment 11461
Watch me all you want. My goal is make everyone here doubt Reuters. ;)

Nope. It was linked from a different Rogan story.

And I really don't go for the far right places. Fox is about as far as I go. No Newsmax, OAN, Breitbart etc. Sorry to disappoint.

Top Bottom
1 2