More than 270 medical experts call out Spotify, Joe Rogan for spreading COVID-19 misinformation

U

User.45

As I suspected, this is indeed floating around the far fright communications channels. I‘ve got your number, Herdfan, and I am watching you carefully.

View attachment 11461
You might have noticed, but @Herdfan usually comes here to stress test these RW talking points. It’s pretty smart if you don’t want to make the cognitive effort yourself. Though I always feel that most of these don’t take much of that

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
You might have noticed, but @Herdfan usually comes here to stress test these RW talking points. It’s pretty smart if you don’t want to make the cognitive effort yourself. Though I always feel that most of these don’t take much of that
I don't even think it's stress testing. I think it's OMG! I just herd, gotta Pwn the Libs!!!!!!

U

User.45

I don't even think it's stress testing. I think it's OMG! I just herd, gotta Pwn the Libs!!!!!!
Spraying it on and seeing what sticks.
tumblr_phzjaayJZV1rbgyy1o2_500.gif

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
And not even good, old fashioned hamsters. It won’t matter to Joe fans though.

Actually non-clinical testing can include animals, but not if you’re testing for clinical outcomes, i.e. using hamsters to see if ivermectin is effective in reducing COVID-19 cases or deaths or whatever metric chosen. Non-clinical trials with animals are used to investigate things like a drug’s basic pharmacological properties- absorption and distribution properties, how it’s metabolized and eliminated, it’s pharmacodynamics, toxicology profile, etc.

Based on what the article said and the fact we have known the basic properties of ivermectin for 40+ years or whatever, it suggests that this scientist was doing in-vitro testing aka test tube studies, in this case probably looking at how much drug is required to kill the virus.

What people typically don’t understand is that there is not only a requirement to have a high enough enough concentration of the drug for it to be effective, but you actually have to get the drug to the right place too. And there is a limit to how much of a specific drug you can get into a “compartment”- consider the bloodstream one compartment and the lungs another compartment and the brain another, etc. Drug concentrations are not necessarily equal between compartments.

For example Imodium, the OTC diarrhea medicine, it’s an opioid but it doesn’t kill pain or get you high. It’s chemical properties prevent it from moving from the blood stream into the brain where it would cause those effects.

With ivermectin, you’d never be able to get the required concentration of drug into the lung tissue to treat COVID. The half-maximal inhibitory concentration of Ivermectin is orders of magnitude higher than the maximum concentration of drug attainable in lung tissue. In fact, the amount of ivermectin required is something like 35x higher than can be absorbed into the bloodstream through oral route of administration. There is no intravenous ivermectin either, at least approved for human use.

Like I said, the pharmacological properties of ivermectin are well established. It should have been evident from the first in vivo study that the concentration required for COVID treatment is not only toxic but physically unattainable in the human body.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m curious as to why Rogan said in his “apology” or whatever you want to call it that it’s now been proven vaccinated people can become infected and spread the virus. Uh, yeah. This isn’t news. This is common knowledge. He’s supposed to be “digging into things” and talking with experts with alternate views and non-mainstream opinions. Ok, fine. But this is pure BS… I’ve never seen Fauci, the CDC or anyone else with credibility say a vaccine is a total eradication, cure or 100% guarantee of protection from COVID. Ever. The vaccine has always been sold as a way to prevent you from being hospitalized or dying. This has been repeated ad-nauseum. And it’s very effective at that.

I don’t understand why someone pushing these “alternate” views and treatments misses this. It makes no sense whether it’s intentional or not.

He’s spreading misinformation while trying to relieve pressure about his misinformation. I haven’t watched his podcast in a while, but does anyone ever push back on some of his claims? Or is his show now vetting guests to make sure he only has banter and like-minded individual? I would really like to ask Rogan this. I’d also like someone to play a tape of Trump acted moronic - which there’s no shortage of footage - and ask him “Ok, you don’t care much for Biden. I get that. But how do you support THAT? Why don’t you ever talk or joke about that?“

This doesn’t even happen in the press very often, not even on shows like Bill Maher’s. This whole cult of Trump revolves around a very, very stupid and unstable man. I have yet to hear anyone like Rogan, Ted Cruz, Pence or hundreds of other high-profile people answer any of these questions.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I’ve never seen Fauci, the CDC or anyone else with credibility say a vaccine is a total eradication, cure or 100% guarantee of protection from COVID.

So are you saying Biden has no credibility? Because he said it. Multiple times. Even @P_X said he shouldn't have said it.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So are you saying Biden has no credibility? Because he said it. Multiple times. Even @P_X said he shouldn't have said it.

I haven’t seen/heard that, but if he said it, it was wrong. And no, I’m not saying he has no credibility. But clearly he was not correct if he said the vaccine makes you immune from COVID and impossible to contract/spread COVID. Where/when did he say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Where/when did he say that?

He actually said it multiple times in various flavors:

Then he said you can't spread it if vaccinated:

There is another time he said something similar when talking about healthcare workers and if they are vaccinated then they can't spread it to you.

These two things were months apart. What are his advisors telling him? And is he listening?

Edit: Found the one about HC workers:

U

User.45

There is another time he said something similar when talking about healthcare workers and if they are vaccinated then they can't spread it to you.

These two things were months apart. What are his advisors telling him? And is he listening?

Well, Biden hasn't ever been the best source of vaccine information. These are mostly gaffes from him, but even if I want to attribute this to his lack of understanding, this lack of understanding is orders of magnitude more desirable than his predecessor's. The bar is low, gentlemen.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I haven’t seen/heard that, but if he said it, it was wrong. And no, I’m not saying he has no credibility. But clearly he was not correct if he said the vaccine makes you immune from COVID and impossible to contract/spread COVID. Where/when did he say that?

He didn’t say that. The right only cares about sound bites. If you actually read the whole quote in context, you usually see how they’ve twisted things.

Republicans have ZERO credibility when it comes to this issue though. Did Fox rake Trump over the coals when he started riffing about shining bright lights, or using disinfectants? But they will take a tiny out-of-context quote made by somebody and use it to promote their dumb-ass conspiracy theories.

Fox knows what they are doing. Those who watch it regularly may have once had functioning brains, but they’ve long since turned to treacle after prolonged exposure to that dreck.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

At the time this was the belief based on the science they had, then Omicron came back and proved them wrong. Same goes for them originally saying masks wouldn't work, etc.

It would be nice if people understood that this is not a static virus with a single fix. It's dynamic and has been ahead of every step we've made. We will likely make questionable estimates again in the future as well, it's part of the process but they're doing the best they can with what they have.

What you guys need to do is stop politicizing it and understand COVID doesn't give a shit about who you voted for, and your myopic views do nothing but further the spread.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Ok, for semantics sake I’ll grant you he said it, but I don’t have the wherewithal to get into a lengthy debate about what - in my mind - is akin to someone saying that something that costs $99.99 costs “a hundred bucks”. He did say it, and he was wrong, and I hate when people always clarify what Trump said, so I understand your point.

If he was pressed about this and then refused to concede he was wrong, that would be much more concerning. He misspoke, and should have added “you have a greatly reduced chance of. ..” somewhere in there.

But let’s not pretend this was a crusade of misinformation. Biden has not stuck with that line of thought and governed from it.

U

User.45

He didn’t say that. The right only cares about sound bites. If you actually read the whole quote in context, you usually see how they’ve twisted things.

Republicans have ZERO credibility when it comes to this issue though. Did Fox rake Trump over the coals when he started riffing about shining bright lights, or using disinfectants? But they will take a tiny out-of-context quote made by somebody and use it to promote their dumb-ass conspiracy theories.

Fox knows what they are doing. Those who watch it regularly may have once had functioning brains, but they’ve long since turned to treacle after prolonged exposure to that dreck.
The whole quote appears to be this:

“This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Not the vaccinated, the unvaccinated. That’s the problem,” Biden said. “Everybody talks about freedom about not to have a shot or have a test. Well guess what? How about patriotism? How about you make sure you’re vaccinated, so you do not spread the disease to anyone else.”
Which makes it a lot less inappropriate. The pandemic of the unvaccinated statement for example still largely holds. If we had everybody vaccinated, our hospital capacity would be at least 65-75% less strained. So arguing about how incorrect he is about vaccinated catching and spreading COVID, the solution he recommends and the large scale reasoning stands.

@Herdfan, the reason these inaccuracies don't matter much anymore is because you can literally get the most informed people comment about vaccination, and they either get yawns or death threats in exchange. This is why your fixation on CNN's role to educate was so ridiculous, because >90% of their content was adequate on COVID. Also, let's not pretend, by now, people who don't understand the utility of masks, or vaccines do so by choice, not because of lack of accessible high-quality information.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
So are you saying Biden has no credibility? Because he said it. Multiple times.

To me the difference is, Biden isn't trying to contradict Fauci and others who are experts in their field. He's not deliberately attempting to get false information out there. He still shouldn't have said those things. But it's not like he's trying to spread disinformation.

Rogan on the other hand seems quite deliberate in spreading disinformation (though I will concede that I doubt he would agree with that statement). He actively tries to get less popular opinions shared with the public. He doesn't have people just stroll in off the street and start bringing up whacky theories. These are guests deliberately invited on the show to share their opinions. Regardless of what he may personally believe, he's giving a platform to those who aren't doing the public any favors.

Just because two things have feathers doesn't mean they're both ducks. Also, no one should be getting medical advice from talk show hosts or presidents. 🤷‍♂️

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I’m curious as to why Rogan said in his “apology” or whatever you want to call it that it’s now been proven vaccinated people can become infected and spread the virus. Uh, yeah. This isn’t news. This is common knowledge. He’s supposed to be “digging into things” and talking with experts with alternate views and non-mainstream opinions. Ok, fine. But this is pure BS… I’ve never seen Fauci, the CDC or anyone else with credibility say a vaccine is a total eradication, cure or 100% guarantee of protection from COVID. Ever. The vaccine has always been sold as a way to prevent you from being hospitalized or dying. This has been repeated ad-nauseum. And it’s very effective at that.

I don’t understand why someone pushing these “alternate” views and treatments misses this. It makes no sense whether it’s intentional or not.

He’s spreading misinformation while trying to relieve pressure about his misinformation. I haven’t watched his podcast in a while, but does anyone ever push back on some of his claims? Or is his show now vetting guests to make sure he only has banter and like-minded individual? I would really like to ask Rogan this. I’d also like someone to play a tape of Trump acted moronic - which there’s no shortage of footage - and ask him “Ok, you don’t care much for Biden. I get that. But how do you support THAT? Why don’t you ever talk or joke about that?“

This doesn’t even happen in the press very often, not even on shows like Bill Maher’s. This whole cult of Trump revolves around a very, very stupid and unstable man. I have yet to hear anyone like Rogan, Ted Cruz, Pence or hundreds of other high-profile people answer any of these questions.

I believe that part you mentioned specifically was part of a list of things he mentioned that early on they were saying were/weren’t true/possible and then said the opposite later. Granted that was probably after more research was done but that still doesn’t change his point that things change.

I know this qualifies as "too soon" and people are using it as an excuse to not do the right thing, but I don’t think you’ll find a major event in history where the trusted people weren’t being entirely honest. I’d go as fas as saying that’s actually impossible. It might be for greater good reasons, or economic reasons, or hell, evil reasons, but it’s what happens.

BTW, the recent anti-mandate protests are a pretty mixed crowd. It’s not all anti-vaxxers and Trump supporters. It’s also people on the left and fully vaxed who believe it could be part of a surveillance state slippery slope, full of IDs and data collecting that will go well beyond covid.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
BTW, the recent anti-mandate protests are a pretty mixed crowd. It’s not all anti-vaxxers and Trump supporters. It’s also people on the left and fully vaxed who believe it could be part of a surveillance state slippery slope, full of IDs and data collecting that will go well beyond covid.

I‘d like to see some coverage that supports this statement. The pictures and videos from recent protests suggest otherwise.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Interview with a Progressive activist at a protest sharing what they saw.
I listened to it. There was no actual evidence of the political leanings of those at the rally, and the source was a person with a vested interest in pushing the narrative that it’s “average people” at the rally… he himself was supposed to be a speaker at it.

That podcast is not a reliable source of information, and Blumenthal has the following articles on his site… not exactly a “progressive activist” based on these. More like a conspiracy theorist.

Sure, progressives love to obsess over the Steele dossier with a Trump cabinet member:

Vaccine passports are part of a shadowy military intelligence operation!

Come on….

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I listened to it. There was no actual evidence of the political leanings of those at the rally, and the source was a person with a vested interest in pushing the narrative that it’s “average people” at the rally… he himself was supposed to be a speaker at it.

That podcast is not a reliable source of information, and Blumenthal has the following articles on his site… not exactly a “progressive activist” based on these. More like a conspiracy theorist.

Sure, progressives love to obsess over the Steele dossier with a Trump cabinet member:

Vaccine passports are part of a shadowy military intelligence operation!

Come on….
Yep, it's another attempt to say "see Dems are just as bad" and it's completely baseless. Anyone paying attention understands this movement is strictly on the right.

Top Bottom
1 2