Musk offers to buy Twitter

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Dude really is a first class troll.

He needs to be denied the oxygen of publicity, for he needs attention and revels in being noticed and talked about.

Shunning, surrounded by silence - old, but very effective and, yes, quite cruel - remedies, may prove quite effective with this individual.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
He needs to be denied the oxygen of publicity, for he needs attention and revels in being noticed and talked about.

Shunning, surrounded by silence - old, but very effective and, yes, quite cruel - remedies, may prove quite effective with this individual.

Unfortunately he’s impossible to shun because he’s tapping into our polarized society to become a hero of 20% of us. The only way to affect this guy is his pocketbook. Buy your electric cars and solar panels from someone else.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Unfortunately he’s impossible to shun because he’s tapping into our polarized society to become a hero of 20% of us. The only way to affect this guy is his pocketbook. Buy your electric cars and solar panels from someone else.
I find myself in gloomy agreement with that sentiment.

In fact, Musk is the gretest single reason why I would never contemplate the purchse of a Tesla, much though I approve of the concept of electric motor-cars.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
So with just three hours of work, you could easily buy me a nice, new computer.

You're really selfish. :(

Common misperception: just because my firm charges a client $1100 for an hour of my time doesn’t mean that the firm pays me $1100 or anywhere close to that :) Someone has to pay for the rent and the partners’ vacation homes, after all.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Common misperception: just because my firm charges a client $1100 for an hour of my time doesn’t mean that the firm pays me $1100 or anywhere close to that :) Someone has to pay for the rent and the partners’ vacation homes, after all.
Yep, only in the triple digits here but the company takes a pretty huge chunk of it and I simply get a salary. Contracting is the way to go if you want the lion's share and don't mind handling all your own taxes.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score

Well, I still want a new computer.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Back in the early 90's, IBM was charging executives $245 (CDN) an hour to have one of the PC Helpdesk agents come to their homes to resolve any technical issues. The starting wage for the techs was $14/hr. (as an example of corporate greed / markup) :D

diamond.g

Site Champ
Reaction score
Kick him off Twitter. 🤷🏽‍♂️

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
So Musk sent a letter to twitter apparently offering to proceed with the deal on the original terms?

I wonder what the catch is.
Maybe the reactions towards his “solutions” for Ukraine really got to him and he wants more control of free speech.

I’m accepting the deal. Pray that I don’t accept it any further.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
So Musk sent a letter to twitter apparently offering to proceed with the deal on the original terms?

I wonder what the catch is.

Based on yesterday the catch will probably be that everyone voting “no” on one of his pols will be declared a bot and banned. Now he wants to control public opinion.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The day he takes over without a second thought.

E70fMIAX0AIWZYF.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The day he takes over without a second thought.

E70fMIAX0AIWZYF.jpg

Yeah a lot of people will probably leave knowing they'd end up banned anyhow.

I'd miss all the birdwatchers I follow, who post from all around the globe! With any luck most of them don't post political tweets and so will fly under Musk's radar? I can hope so anyway.

Top Bottom
1 2